Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #721
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,653

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post

I don't doubt what you say...but PINS are non-transferable. You cannot book a reservation under your name and use someone elses PIN code. For whatever reason, this got by the the CM that you spoke to when you applied the PIN - but there is a good chance that they may not honor it when you check in. Disney has put in many safeguards to prevent people from using discount codes that they are not entitled to. Not trying to rain on your parade...but just want to make all those waiting and hoping for a PIN aware...you cannot book using another persons PIN code.

to be more specific- If you get a PIN code, you can book more than 1 room with a PIN code - BUT the person that OWNS the PIN must be traveling during the same time you and may need to be present when you check in to show ID.
I always thought that too, but the thing is many have said they had them transferred this year. Maybe the cms are just giving them one of the magical pins that just appear, but several people have been allowed to transfer them this time around. I wish I understood it, because if I did maybe I would have free dining now too. Anyway congrats to those who have done it. I couldn't imagine they would take it off multiple people, if it is their error.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #722
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef12280 View Post
Hi Everyone, I booked my trip from Sept 28 to Oct 5 at AoA. But last week a friend at my work gave me a coupon pin for Disney World free Meal plan. I called Disney right away to see if I could use it and sure enough they let me but I had to change my hotel which I was happy about. I got a room at POR with free meal plan for the week and got a refund of $ 159 dollars. They let me use it on my fathers reservation also which saved him $293 dollars.
I have two children and we went two years ago and had the meal plan it was so worth it.

I know the coupons are out there and there were alot of dates on the coupon I was given..
Just curious, was that an Alligator Bayou room by any chance? Not that I got a free dining pin yet, nor did the cm let me use my sister's pin, just wondering if they had any rooms left for POR AB.
__________________
ME , DH , DS8 , DS 6 , DD4

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.




April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #723
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

I always thought that too, but the thing is many have said they had them transferred this year. Maybe the cms are just giving them one of the magical pins that just appear, but several people have been allowed to transfer them this time around. I wish I understood it, because if I did maybe I would have free dining now too. Anyway congrats to those who have done it. I couldn't imagine they would take it off multiple people, if it is their error.
So are the people you have heard of just calling and saying, "I have a pin code, here it is. " and getting it, or are they actually telling the cm's it I not theirs. I'm happy that others are able to get the free dining, just disappointed that I can't. : (
I'm really starting to get frustrated here, although I know I should just be patient and wait for FD to go public. I told the cm last time I would call back on my birthday, maybe I'll try to use my sister's pin again then. Not sure if I can pull it off as my own though, I think I'd feel like I was cheating.
__________________
ME , DH , DS8 , DS 6 , DD4

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.




April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #724
chanda7
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 68

We tried to book a room at Pop today with the code for the first week of December. No rooms available for free dining. They said we could do CBR or ASMu or Sports. We tried later for the 2nd week of Nov. for Pop, and after about an hour conversation, it went through.
__________________
SAHM to DD-11 DD-8 DS-2 , trip scheduled for November 2013
chanda7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #725
Barcino
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 13

Thanks! I have only been 2x - will be 3x this fall so I still don't know most of all the secrets
Barcino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #726
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,653

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post

So are the people you have heard of just calling and saying, "I have a pin code, here it is. " and getting it, or are they actually telling the cm's it I not theirs. I'm happy that others are able to get the free dining, just disappointed that I can't. : (
I'm really starting to get frustrated here, although I know I should just be patient and wait for FD to go public. I told the cm last time I would call back on my birthday, maybe I'll try to use my sister's pin again then. Not sure if I can pull it off as my own though, I think I'd feel like I was cheating.
If you look through the received pin thread, that is where most of the stories are. Most asked if it could be transferred. One person changed the info on the account before booking, and then went in online and booked it, if I am not mistaken. I wouldn't do it personally. I know their actual policy is not to transfer them, so I wouldn't ask. But if you are braver than I am, I say give it a try.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #727
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 344

I know I've said it before, maybe on another thread, but I so wish Disney had a loyalty program instead of these stupid PINs. They are so frustrating! I got 2 in Nov, but haven't received this current one.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #728
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
I know I've said it before, maybe on another thread, but I so wish Disney had a loyalty program instead of these stupid PINs. They are so frustrating! I got 2 in Nov, but haven't received this current one.
Even if they stuck to one policy it would be less frustrating. One cm says no transferring, the next books it. One cm says no way to get the discount without a pin, the next just magically applies it.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #729
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran
 
HBGdancermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 2,303

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Even if they stuck to one policy it would be less frustrating. One cm says no transferring, the next books it. One cm says no way to get the discount without a pin, the next just magically applies it.
This is my issue too Disneyfan...It seems like they are sooooooo inconsistent!!
__________________
DH, me, DS14, DS11, DD7
_____________________________________________
Previous trips - Oct. 2011 Doubletree, Oct. 2013 Beach Club CL, April 2014 Yacht Club CL, February 2015 Boardwalk Inn CL
___________________________________________
HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #730
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran
 
HBGdancermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 2,303

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
If you look through the received pin thread, that is where most of the stories are. Most asked if it could be transferred. One person changed the info on the account before booking, and then went in online and booked it, if I am not mistaken. I wouldn't do it personally. I know their actual policy is not to transfer them, so I wouldn't ask. But if you are braver than I am, I say give it a try.

Is that the thread we are on or another one? thanks!
__________________
DH, me, DS14, DS11, DD7
_____________________________________________
Previous trips - Oct. 2011 Doubletree, Oct. 2013 Beach Club CL, April 2014 Yacht Club CL, February 2015 Boardwalk Inn CL
___________________________________________
HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #731
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,653

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post

Is that the thread we are on or another one? thanks!
Lol I think most of them were on this one, but you know I have read so many since May I have totally lost track. Some might be in the free dining threads?
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #732
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran
 
HBGdancermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 2,303

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

Lol I think most of them were on this one, but you know I have read so many since May I have totally lost track. Some might be in the free dining threads?
Me too!!! Lol. Just making sure I wasn't missing one.
__________________
DH, me, DS14, DS11, DD7
_____________________________________________
Previous trips - Oct. 2011 Doubletree, Oct. 2013 Beach Club CL, April 2014 Yacht Club CL, February 2015 Boardwalk Inn CL
___________________________________________
HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #733
pigletto
DIS Veteran
 
pigletto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,936

Is anyone who has this pin having trouble with it not working?
I booked with it about a month ago but I periodically check to see what is available for my dates because.. well because I am obsessive resort changer

Anyway.. one morning there was a ton of stuff available in all categories for my late August dates.. then 2 hours later..nothing. Not any room in any category for the dates August 25th to September 1st.
Its been like this all week now
Makes me wonder if it's a glitch or if they pulled all the rooms from the offer because there were too many for them to have all booked up in a few hours.

I don't want to call because I don't need to switch. Just seems odd. I can pull up December dates ..but nothing for mine.
__________________
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:23 AM   #734
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran
 
HBGdancermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 2,303

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Is anyone who has this pin having trouble with it not working?
I booked with it about a month ago but I periodically check to see what is available for my dates because.. well because I am obsessive resort changer

Anyway.. one morning there was a ton of stuff available in all categories for my late August dates.. then 2 hours later..nothing. Not any room in any category for the dates August 25th to September 1st.
Its been like this all week now
Makes me wonder if it's a glitch or if they pulled all the rooms from the offer because there were too many for them to have all booked up in a few hours.

I don't want to call because I don't need to switch. Just seems odd. I can pull up December dates ..but nothing for mine.
That is odd!
__________________
DH, me, DS14, DS11, DD7
_____________________________________________
Previous trips - Oct. 2011 Doubletree, Oct. 2013 Beach Club CL, April 2014 Yacht Club CL, February 2015 Boardwalk Inn CL
___________________________________________
HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #735
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Is anyone who has this pin having trouble with it not working?
I booked with it about a month ago but I periodically check to see what is available for my dates because.. well because I am obsessive resort changer

Anyway.. one morning there was a ton of stuff available in all categories for my late August dates.. then 2 hours later..nothing. Not any room in any category for the dates August 25th to September 1st.
Its been like this all week now
Makes me wonder if it's a glitch or if they pulled all the rooms from the offer because there were too many for them to have all booked up in a few hours.

I don't want to call because I don't need to switch. Just seems odd. I can pull up December dates ..but nothing for mine.
Pigletto, you can't switch now. We're both at CBR that week. Are you getting nervous about something there?
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: