Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #661
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMickey? View Post
So I called for the first time about a pin attached to my name, no luck. Then I check my mom's name and she has it!!!! I could not believe it. I am the one who has been to DW 5 times and cruised twice and is constantly checking the website! So I called my mom and begged her to come with us! She is thinking about it...hoping she says yes or this FD goes public before the code expires!! 😊 BTW I asked her if she got a yellow envelope from Disney and she said oh yeah but I threw it away!! She has now been told to handover any Disney mail she gets to me!
Yeah!! Hoping she will decide to go!!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #662
CuppieCake04
Mouseketeer

My mom got a FD pin in the snail mail today. For the dates listed earlier...

dont work for us as we leave 8-8 and free dining starts 8-25
CuppieCake04 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #663
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?

If I was to receive a PIN code ( I unfortunately have not received one yet) on an old email address that is registered on the disney site with my old house address, could i I use the pin code if it had my name but not the address on my current drivers license??? Just wondering or should I log on to disney and update my house address for that email address in case I get one emailed to that account? Thanks

zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #664
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniman333 View Post
If I was to receive a PIN code ( I unfortunately have not received one yet) on an old email address that is registered on the disney site with my old house address, could i I use the pin code if it had my name but not the address on my current drivers license??? Just wondering or should I log on to disney and update my house address for that email address in case I get one emailed to that account? Thanks
I would call and make sure that info got updated right away!
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #665
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

Alright guys. We're pulling the plug.
We had hoped Free Dining would be offered during the last week of August (as it was last year), but we got squeezed out of that discount. Then, this PIN code seems to elude us as well. And from what I'm hearing, the newest Free Dining offer to go public soon will most likely not offer the last week in August either. The Room Only discount is nice and all, but it's not going to make up for the $1,000 or more it costs to eat at Disney.

It's just not worth the stress. We're going to find a place off site and save $600 or $700 so that we can actually EAT during our vacation. LOL

It was worth a try to hope and wish for some Pixie Dust, but that only takes you so far. Might as well be banking on a sweepstakes entry or the lottery - neither of which are guaranteed. Nor do they even have good odds, really.

If Disney really wants our $$ to go towards their resorts, they'll send us that PIN code. But it kind of looks like they don't need our money this year. I'm sure the Wyndham or the Sheraton would love to have us. We'll still have a great time - it's our first, so we don't really have anything to compare it to anyway!
It's going to be magical, no matter what!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #666
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
I would call and make sure that info got updated right away!
Cara, this is off topic, but where in Montgomery County do you live? We live in Harleysville and I work in Jenkintown.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #667
Seeker615
DIS Veteran

I have constantly received pin codes in the mail. I mean all the time. Now when I really want one to book my trip I get nothing!

My parents are going in October and a week after they booked they got an email with the free dining promo code...

sigh...
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #668
peel
DIS Veteran

As if the yellow Comcast envelope wasn't bad enough....

My husband just called to tell me he checked the mail and I had an envelope from Disney Destinations. I said, "Is it yellow???" and he said, "It's kind of an orangy-brown color." I said, "OPEN IT!"

He read what it said:
"Dear Family, Here are the customized park maps you ordered."

peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #669
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcolleenkelly View Post
Alright guys. We're pulling the plug.
We had hoped Free Dining would be offered during the last week of August (as it was last year), but we got squeezed out of that discount. Then, this PIN code seems to elude us as well. And from what I'm hearing, the newest Free Dining offer to go public soon will most likely not offer the last week in August either. The Room Only discount is nice and all, but it's not going to make up for the $1,000 or more it costs to eat at Disney.

It's just not worth the stress. We're going to find a place off site and save $600 or $700 so that we can actually EAT during our vacation. LOL

It was worth a try to hope and wish for some Pixie Dust, but that only takes you so far. Might as well be banking on a sweepstakes entry or the lottery - neither of which are guaranteed. Nor do they even have good odds, really.

If Disney really wants our $$ to go towards their resorts, they'll send us that PIN code. But it kind of looks like they don't need our money this year. I'm sure the Wyndham or the Sheraton would love to have us. We'll still have a great time - it's our first, so we don't really have anything to compare it to anyway!
It's going to be magical, no matter what!
I totally understand. We are also going the last week in Aug, and I am very disappointed about the way the discounts have worked out. We did some cutting back as well. I'm sure you will still have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker615 View Post
I have constantly received pin codes in the mail. I mean all the time. Now when I really want one to book my trip I get nothing!

My parents are going in October and a week after they booked they got an email with the free dining promo code...

sigh...
I also get pins all the time except this one that I really want. Both my parents and my inlaws got it last week, and neither of them are going with us. It's so frustrating.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #670
kerplop
Duck, duck, duck, duck GOOSE

My partner got one today in the mail, but we're already booked off-site this year so it's useless. Glad to have gotten one at all, but I really wish I could pass it off to the needy on The Dis instead.
Nov/Dec 2012 - Pop Century
Disneyland Vet (2-3 times a year 1979-2000)!
kerplop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #671
scard192
DIS Veteran

My sister's husband got the pin in the mail today; he does not have an account with Disney but does have a Disney Visa card. My sister had the PIN attached to her name the first day the e-mails went out even though she never got the email. We are in Massachusetts.

Looks like they are still mailing PINs
Old 06-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #672
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
My sister's husband got the pin in the mail today; he does not have an account with Disney but does have a Disney Visa card. My sister had the PIN attached to her name the first day the e-mails went out even though she never got the email. We are in Massachusetts.

Looks like they are still mailing PINs
Typically, Disney Visa is separate from the Disney site. I wonder if he has an account with ESPN.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #673
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Typically, Disney Visa is separate from the Disney site. I wonder if he has an account with ESPN.
That's possible, he is a big sports fan.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:57 PM   #674
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcolleenkelly View Post
Cara, this is off topic, but where in Montgomery County do you live? We live in Harleysville and I work in Jenkintown.
Wow! Small world! I work in Harleysville and live 8 mins from there!
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #675
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Wow! Small world! I work in Harleysville and live 8 mins from there!
Sing it with me:
It's a Small World After All
It's a Small, Small World...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: