Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #391
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperWife View Post
I just called to make a payment, then I spoke with a CM to check for a pin. She said no and asked if I had a friend that just got one, because that's why people usually call. I told her yes, my husband's co-worker just got one, as did my cousin. The CM went on to say that the pin code could be used up to three times, so if I had that code, it could be applied. I said "even if this person doesn't plan on going?" and she said yes. Now I know that you can't do that and YOU know that you can't do that, so why oh why did she say this to get my hopes up???
Okay, you are the second person on this particular board to have quoted a CM saying that a PIN code could be used for up to three different rooms. Why would actual Disney staff members be saying this if it's not true??
dcolleenkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #392
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcolleenkelly View Post
Okay, you are the second person on this particular board to have quoted a CM saying that a PIN code could be used for up to three different rooms. Why would actual Disney staff members be saying this if it's not true??
Maybe the other person and I talked to the same *wrong* CM but in all seriousness

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
CopperWife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #393
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
I still think the next set of pins will be the post cards sent out in the mail. Disney wants to give the last batch some time to see what sticks, then they'll send out more. My guess, and it is purely a guess based on what I've received in the past, is next week some of us will see them in our mailboxes. The last couple I have received have been about 3 months out from the 1st time frame of the offer. End of May... 3 months later... end of August. That's when these pins start. Here's hoping.
I SOOOOO hope you are right!
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #394
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2
I still think the next set of pins will be the post cards sent out in the mail. Disney wants to give the last batch some time to see what sticks, then they'll send out more. My guess, and it is purely a guess based on what I've received in the past, is next week some of us will see them in our mailboxes. The last couple I have received have been about 3 months out from the 1st time frame of the offer. End of May... 3 months later... end of August. That's when these pins start. Here's hoping.
They'll be by email the cm I was talking to seemed very knowledgeable about the pins and she said "in a couple weeks be sure to check all your email folders because if you receive one that's where it will come."
ilostnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #395
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcolleenkelly View Post

Probably because they are new or not trained properly.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #396
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Probably because they are new or not trained properly.
But I thought they could be used for up to three rooms. Just that the three people have to be travelling together and they all must be booked by the person who's name the pin is in?
disneyfantotheend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #397
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
But I thought they could be used for up to three rooms. Just that the three people have to be travelling together and they all must be booked by the person who's name the pin is in?
Correct. The PIN holder can book up to three rooms with a single PIN.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #398
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

No, that is correct, but I think those CM were not conveying the fact that the pin codes just can't be shared with anyone. The owner of the pin must book the reservations and there are restrictions involved, you simply can't call up a friend or neighbor or family member and just give them your name specific, non-transferrable Disney discount pin code and have them apply it to their vacation stay.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 05-21-2013 at 06:47 AM.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #399
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
No, that is correct, but I think those CM were not conveying the fact that the pin codes just can't be shared. The owner of the pin must book the reservations and there are restrictions involved, you simply can't call up a friend or neighbor or family member and just give them your name specific, non-transferrable Disney discount pin code.
Got it thanks! I knew a lot about general public discounts and how they worked from our last trip, but I didn't pay much attention to pin codes before now. Probably because I never get the good ones.
disneyfantotheend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #400
TnTWalter
DIS Veteran

I booked 3 rooms with pin code 2 years ago

so unless policy has changed you can as long as they're traveling with you.

I received this pin code also. Haven't been to disney since 2011....tempting. But offsite is still less expensive....oy.

April 2011 Offsite @ Bonnet Creek
June 2009 Offsite @ Windsor Hills followed by Beach Week @ Anna Maria Island
October 2007 Hawaii @ POLY
January 2006 Connecting Rooms @ POP 50s Sect.
TnTWalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:58 AM   #401
sbljrl
Mouseketeer

I received this pin code e-mail a couple of weeks ago and I was able to book three rooms with it. I booked mine, my daughter's, and her friend (who is traveling with us). No problems.
sbljrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #402
pooch
I feel so special now!!

A person can book up to three rooms with a pin but that is intended for people traveling with the lucky pin person, extended family or actual friends taking the trip with the pin person.. It is not intended to pass around to random people taking trips at the same time as, but totally separate from the pin person.

So if you tell a CM your friend has the pin, perhaps they assumed a close personal relationship with this friend?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #403
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Anyone else still obsessivly checking their email and mailboxes? I want to be one of the cool kids with the coveted FD pin.
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #404
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Anyone else still obsessivly checking their email and mailboxes? I want to be one of the cool kids with the coveted FD pin.
Yes, all the time

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Mike&AllisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #405
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
YES! And I also keep checking this thread, to see if anyone has announced the release of more codes! Please, please, please can I have one? (For the end of August??)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: