Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #301
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcolleenkelly View Post

Are you telling me that there's still hope for us??? Yippeee!!

(I kind of feel like that dude in Dumb & Dumber, when the girl tells him he's only got one chance in a million of getting a date with her and he says, "Sooooo, you're telling me there IS a chance? YYESS! I knew it!!")

HOWEVER, being the practical person that I am, I am going to have to calm down and just assume that we are not going to get Free Dining. Better to be pleasantly surprised than horribly disappointed (and not able to pay for anything because we didn't put aside enough money).
Most of the FD pin code dates, except the August dates, will most likely be released for the general public and Disney Visa holders this summer - as they have for the last several years. Normally the October - December FD dates are not even released until July, sometimes August. Everyone seems to be in a panic that these dates haven't been released yet and it's not even time for them to be released yet.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #302
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
(I kind of feel like that dude in Dumb & Dumber, when the girl tells him he's only got one chance in a million of getting a date with her and he says, "Sooooo, you're telling me there IS a chance? YYESS! I knew it!!")
Quote:
If I'm trying to save over $1,000, and I need to make 20 phone calls to get it, then each phone call is worth at least $50! So, I'm gonna EARN that money, and make them work for it, too!
Haha
That's awesome!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #303
Countryrunner262
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

Most of the FD pin code dates, except the August dates, will most likely be released for the general public and Disney Visa holders this summer - as they have for the last several years. Normally the October - December FD dates are not even released until July, sometimes August. Everyone seems to be in a panic that these dates haven't been released yet and it's not even time for them to be released yet.
The only issue is with the allotted number of rooms each resort has for the offer. I know where we are staying, POFQ dec 3-8, they had all rooms filled for that time for the FD pin offer. We tried changing our reservation by one day and they told us they had no rooms available so we had to keep the dates we had. Maybe they will add more rooms if they make it public?
Countryrunner262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #304
bhc2000
Earning My Ears

Just off the phone with Disney to check if we got FD PINs. CM said that there are no more discounts in August. She said they have just been told about that. Well, so much to hoping to get FD for the last week of August, :-(.
bhc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #305
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhc2000 View Post
Just off the phone with Disney to check if we got FD PINs. CM said that there are no more discounts in August. She said they have just been told about that. Well, so much to hoping to get FD for the last week of August, :-(.
You can still hope for the pin code. Supposedly they go out in waives. I would think chances are getting slimmer and slimmer for that close to now, but there is still a little hope. Good luck!!!!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #306
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know historically when the next wave of FD pin emails "might" b going out? Last thurs from what I heard is when the first batch for fall FD went out.
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #307
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Sadly, the last week in August is the week we are going.

Oh well.
dcolleenkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #308
dcolleenkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatdare View Post
My friend talked her way into FD last year. She didn't get a pin, but called and got a CM to put the code down anyway We heard the whole conversation (we did get one, but already had three rooms booked). She was compelling, and the CM bit and hooked them up. It was EPIC!
WOW - hopefully your friend is a salesperson for a living? Or a lobbyist? LOL
dcolleenkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #309
bhc2000
Earning My Ears

Same here, :-(. Time to look offsite.

Quote:
Sadly, the last week in August is the week we are going.

Oh well.
bhc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #310
Ava83
Mouseketeer
I must have Diet Coke to function as a normal human.
I am Dumbo Gizzardsprinkles, That would be Mrs. Gizzardsprinkles to you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryrunner262 View Post
The only issue is with the allotted number of rooms each resort has for the offer. I know where we are staying, POFQ dec 3-8, they had all rooms filled for that time for the FD pin offer. We tried changing our reservation by one day and they told us they had no rooms available so we had to keep the dates we had. Maybe they will add more rooms if they make it public?
We were trying for Dec 3-11 and like you said there was nothing available with the pin at POFQ. We are lucky that we have a little bit of flexibility and we moved our vacation 1 day (4-12) and got a room with the FD. Hopefully something opens up for you all.

Last edited by Ava83; 05-17-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Ava83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #311
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryrunner262 View Post

Other than the Wilderness Lodge in August/September of 2007, there has never been a RESORT that was totally blacked out of a free dining discount. They may have less rooms available under the FD promo than some other resorts, but it's highly unlikely they will be completely blacked out of FD for all room categories.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #312
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer

Anyone receive any pins today?
ilostnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #313
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

It's strange that more pins did not go out yesterday. I'm wondering if the next wave will be snail mail pins. Anyone have info on this?
Pirate princess 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #314
goofy24
Earning My Ears

I read about the PINs, so I called to see if anything was attached to my name. Super excited to see that I had a free dining Pin for the fall. Booked our trip for week of September 29th at Art of Animation (Cars).

2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort
2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort
2013 - Art of Animation (Cars)
goofy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #315
MissBelle
Earning My Ears

I called and I have one attached to my name & was trying to book a standard room at Pop. They don't have any available for the week I was looking to go down so I was going to switch resorts. If the public FD come out in the summer and there was a standard room available at Pop, can I change my reservation?
MissBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: