Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
jimim
DIS Veteran

Enchanted Taled with Belle

Disney what the heck r you trying to do to use photographers! Ahhh

I knew the lightening was nuts in there, but I'm trying to edit and I don't know where to begin! Do I just keep them red as anything or do I try to somewhat correct? If I push all the way to cool 2000 K I get an actually pleasant tone but then the areas where a spot hits belle or my kid i get green green areas. If I start to dragged my tint up it helps but it just still isn't good.

It looks like belle was throwing up all day and she is green from being sick! lol

What do you guys do. I'll edit some out and post em up and you can all have a laugh.

This is brutal! Just brutal!

Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House June 13th for the week.

Planning Old Key West for Columbus week for 6 nights and then off to a Disney Cruise for 3 nights!
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/

Last edited by jimim; 07-28-2013 at 05:40 PM.
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
cobright
DIS Veteran

Did you shoot RAW? Send me your most egregious offender and I can play with it a bit and maybe find a place to start. I shot up ETWB last year and they came out fine ... then I left the SD card in Florida somewhere.
cobright is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobright View Post
Did you shoot RAW? Send me your most egregious offender and I can play with it a bit and maybe find a place to start. I shot up ETWB last year and they came out fine ... then I left the SD card in Florida somewhere.
PM sent! Thanks!

Planning Old Key West for Columbus week for 6 nights and then off to a Disney Cruise for 3 nights!
Old 07-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Part of the problem is that different areas are lit in there so differently. I had a really hard time with those as well, and was very glad I had shot in RAW so I had the most latitude to make adjustments.

I think the ones you posted look great.

How did photopass do with it? Ours didn't do great. Shocking, huh?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Part of the problem is that different areas are lit in there so differently. I had a really hard time with those as well, and was very glad I had shot in RAW so I had the most latitude to make adjustments.

I think the ones you posted look great.

How did photopass do with it? Ours didn't do great. Shocking, huh?
Hey!

Photo-who? Lol. I don't even bother. I have no faith on them. Most are just doing their job and buying time. I talked with a older photo pass gentleman it HS. Hr noticed my joe demb causer and we got talking cause he uses a flip it. He gave me alot of insite on how they are "told" to shoot. I figured they were all metered in and shooting manual but they aren't he said. Said they shoot program and then it goes off to a central site where each pic is combed though to make sure there isn't any shots that shouldn't be there so no one gets in trouble. I asked if they are photoshopped there and he said minimally. I asked if they can change settings to get better pics and such but he said no. I thought that was kinda disheartening. They have to use what they are given and shoot how they are told. I get it don't get me wrong cause its a business and it saves time but man talk about not letting someone rise to the occasion.

Anyway I digressed! Sorry!

Thanks for the compliment! I'm done for the night I did the belle ones and Ariel tonight and my eyes are bugged out! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 07-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

Local adjustments. Get the scene how it looked (or how you remember it) then make some local adjustments if skin tones bother you.

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
cobright
DIS Veteran

When we went last year ETWB was in beta-test stage (or whatever, we got a 'special peak') and they used those really bold LED stage-lightboards.

The problem is that different color lighting is falling on different parts of the scene. If you let the tiny brain inside your camera try to figure that out you get weird colors.
cobright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo_chick View Post
Local adjustments. Get the scene how it looked (or how you remember it) then make some local adjustments if skin tones bother you.
Thanks for that. Can I do local adjustments in lightroom? I wouldn't even bother but it's bad with how the light is hitting them. I have no orb with glare if its sunny out. I can work with that to a point but this is just very annoying to look at.

Thanks!

Old 07-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #9
photo_chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
Thanks for that. Can I do local adjustments in lightroom? I wouldn't even bother but it's bad with how the light is hitting them. I have no orb with glare if its sunny out. I can work with that to a point but this is just very annoying to look at.

Thanks!

No, Lightroom really won't cut it to make the kind of adjustments needed here.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #10
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

There is an adjustment brush in Lightroom that will independently control white balance, tint, and exposure.

Trip Reports: I Can Spot Frozen Fireworks Anywhere! 08/2014 ; All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! 05/2014
Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #11
photo_chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Dust View Post
There is an adjustment brush in Lightroom that will independently control white balance, tint, and exposure.
It still doesn't give the fine control you really need to do a job like this well in my opinion.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #12
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo_chick View Post
It still doesn't give the fine control you really need to do a job like this well in my opinion.
Oh, I agree. But, at least it's something, for those that don't have anything more than Lightroom.

Trip Reports: I Can Spot Frozen Fireworks Anywhere! 08/2014 ; All You Need is The Force, Trust and Pixie Dust! 05/2014
Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #13
Daisy14'sDH
DIS Veteran

I've used that adjustment brush and gradient filters to control different coloured lighting using LR4 with some success. Mainly cause I'm not very efficient using PS.... but the photos came out accurate enough and the clients didn't complain

Click here to see more from TkO Digital Imaging on Facebook

"Lightbulbs die my dear, I will depart!" As said by Mr. Magorium
Daisy14'sDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #14
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Dust View Post
Oh, I agree. But, at least it's something, for those that don't have anything more than Lightroom.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #15
Daisy14'sDH
DIS Veteran

The girl above has super cold LED lighting, the girl on the ground had the sulphur warm spots on her...

Click here to see more from TkO Digital Imaging on Facebook

"Lightbulbs die my dear, I will depart!" As said by Mr. Magorium
Daisy14'sDH is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: