DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
Kimmielee
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was thereUncle Larry can do anything!

We did it!! Added on 200 points at AKV direct purchase

We are excited about our decision to do a direct purchase to add on to our points. The final cost per point after incentives was $128 a point but we get 2012 points to bank immediately so that was huge bonus for us. 400 points will go a LONG WAY since we typically travel for weekends only.

We are waitlisted for 50 BCV points to round us out at 350 points total (Until GFV opens). We live in St. Pete and we like to go to Disney as much as possible. Since becoming a DVC owner in 2011 we've tried to stay in other resorts but miss being spoiled by being "at home".

We split the 200 new points into two 100 point contracts as we plan on gifting all of our points to our two children later in life. They are June UY... same as our initial purchase so only one DVC number for us!!

My "DREAM" is to add an additional 50+/- points (whatever a studio will cost for a Friday/Saturday stay at Grand Floridian) when it opens to round out our travel plans. That would be for hubby and I only... once a year for a special occasion!!

In watching the re-sales lately it seems as though so many of them have points that aren't coming in as late as 2014 or 2015. Also, I loved the ease of the transaction direct with Disney. No wait, no crossing our fingers in the hopes that Disney doesn't steal them... This is the right time for us to purchase, during this incentive special, before prices were raised and while we could get '12 points on top of our purchase. That was just too good to pass up!! Right for us... maybe not right for everyone. We are very happy with our decision!!

Kimmielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Did they gave you any details on GF? Pricing? When available for sale? Points?
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmielee View Post
We are excited about our decision to do a direct purchase to add on to our points. The final cost per point after incentives was $128 a point but we get 2012 points to bank immediately so that was huge bonus for us. 400 points will go a LONG WAY since we typically travel for weekends only.

We are waitlisted for 50 BCV points to round us out at 350 points total (Until GFV opens). We live in St. Pete and we like to go to Disney as much as possible. Since becoming a DVC owner in 2011 we've tried to stay in other resorts but miss being spoiled by being "at home".

We split the 200 new points into two 100 point contracts as we plan on gifting all of our points to our two children later in life. They are June UY... same as our initial purchase so only one DVC number for us!!

My "DREAM" is to add an additional 50+/- points (whatever a studio will cost for a Friday/Saturday stay at Grand Floridian) when it opens to round out our travel plans. That would be for hubby and I only... once a year for a special occasion!!

In watching the re-sales lately it seems as though so many of them have points that aren't coming in as late as 2014 or 2015. Also, I loved the ease of the transaction direct with Disney. No wait, no crossing our fingers in the hopes that Disney doesn't steal them... This is the right time for us to purchase, during this incentive special, before prices were raised and while we could get '12 points on top of our purchase. That was just too good to pass up!! Right for us... maybe not right for everyone. We are very happy with our decision!!
Were you able to bank those 2012 UY points right away? You are past your banking deadline, but since you bought direct, they should let you bank those. If you haven't banked them yet, you need to do it immediately unless you plan to use some before June 1.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
Kimmielee
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was thereUncle Larry can do anything!

We were able to bank them immediately (due to the incentive they made an exception on the banking rule) so we are covered!! As for GFV everyone related to DVC has the same response: "We haven't been told anything. The public will probably know before we do." I even tried to bribe one at a Kiosk in Epcot... he wasn't having it...

Kimmielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
Irishmom23
DIS Veteran
Some Tag Fairies are IRISH themselves! :-D

I have bought direct three times now and have been able to bank my points despite being past my banking deadline for all three purchases. I am on the waitlist for HH (Feb UY) and if I don't get my points before October my guide says I'll be able to bank them when they do come through.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
Nabas
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!
Nabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
CoffeeCup
Mouseketeer

We just bought an additional 100 points direct sale for AKV yesterday. That gives us 350, and we hope we won't need more. I think this is our third add on, but we keep wanting more and more points. We called just for information, but when they told us points were going up in June, we realized we needed to take advantage of the good deal they offered us. We go to AKV once a year and HHI once a year, and we like more space than the studios have even for just DH and me.
CoffeeCup is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: