DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
quandrea
DIS Veteran

lost two contracts

Offered on a SSR yesterday, got scooped up from under me. Offered on an AKL today, it sold full asking before it even was up and listed. It's a tough market.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post

Offered on a SSR yesterday, got scooped up from under me. Offered on an AKL today, it sold full asking before it even was up and listed. It's a tough market.
Yep, it's a very fast-moving market right now. But the bright is that with the two resorts you're looking at, there are PLENTY of fish in the sea. Happy hunting!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Thanks. Called Disney today, and even with the incentives, they are so much more. Guess I'll have to keep stalking the resale sites. Any idea about how long this might take?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

It's definitely a seller's market now. The supply of contracts is much smaller than last year and the prices are up, in some cases up quiet a lot.

Best advice is figure out how much you want or can afford to spend and base your offers on that. Anything that then gets by you, you couldn't have afforded anyway so no big deal.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
It's definitely a seller's market now. The supply of contracts is much smaller than last year and the prices are up, in some cases up quiet a lot.

Best advice is figure out how much you want or can afford to spend and base your offers on that. Anything that then gets by you, you couldn't have afforded anyway so no big deal.
Good advice. I was looking in March for a friend and wish my husband had mentioned then that he wanted to add on. The market was in a much better place that short time ago. This may have to wait for a while. I think we'd be happy at the $66 per point for the 200 contract. May not be sweet enough for most sellers right now, I fear.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
AJA
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry!

We are kicking around selling our contract and buying a smaller contract (just can't get DH on board about renting out points to strangers). I've been browsing the listings and can't believe how quickly some of the contracts are disappearing as compared to last year. Not sure how actual selling prices are going since I haven't made an offer yet, but the listing starting prices are up from this time last year.
AJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #7
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, but you didn't really lose anything. You made some offers and got outbid, that's part of the game. There are many on here who have had accepted offers, put down a deposit only to have their contract taken by ROFR 30 days later. That is the real bummer.

I'm not trying to be insulting, only trying to put things into perspective.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, but you didn't really lose anything. You made some offers and got outbid, that's part of the game. There are many on here who have had accepted offers, put down a deposit only to have their contract taken by ROFR 30 days later. That is the real bummer.

So true. Not insulted at all.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #9
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Just be patient and keep going. We wanted VGC and we had to wait 4 months for the right contract to come up. We didn't get the first one I saw but we got the second. Buying resale is not a 5 minute job. It is a sellers market out there but less so for SSR and AKV and there are still a lot of contracts listed. It will happen for you
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #10
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yup I had 2 contracts taken in the past 3 months and a 3rd contract that we made a full offer price on and the sellers decided they wanted MORE money - they were from the UK so I was told there was little to no recourse - that contract was listed for 60.00PP they decided to up it to 70.00PP and crazy enough it was sold for 77.00PP maybe it pays to break a written contract. LONG process - but..... I do believe it all happened for a reason and over the past few months I have made vacations plans (4 trips) that bring me through to March all non Disney! Just gotta have enough points for another GV during NYE week 2014 - that's my goal.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #11
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
Yup I had 2 contracts taken in the past 3 months and a 3rd contract that we made a full offer price on and the sellers decided they wanted MORE money - they were from the UK so I was told there was little to no recourse - that contract was listed for 60.00PP they decided to up it to 70.00PP and crazy enough it was sold for 77.00PP maybe it pays to break a written contract. LONG process - but..... I do believe it all happened for a reason and over the past few months I have made vacations plans (4 trips) that bring me through to March all non Disney! Just gotta have enough points for another GV during NYE week 2014 - that's my goal.
Yikes- everything for a reason! I hope you find a great BW contract soon! Enjoy your trips and soon enough you will enjoy using your points!
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #12
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
Yup I had 2 contracts taken in the past 3 months
Five since February here. And another one being sent to off to be stolen next week. What do they say about insanity...doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result? That's me I think.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #13
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Don't forget the people who made it through ROFR only to have the seller stick it to them

That wasted an extra month and has $13g sitting in First American Title escrow account for 2 months now
Old 05-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #14
quandrea
DIS Veteran

These stories make buying direct seem good.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #15
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
These stories make buying direct seem good.
Now way, I have accumullated 490 points at 3 resorts for roughly 32g. Price of the same points direct at today's prices?........$67700 plus closing.

Direct still sound good?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: