DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #16
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
ROFR does impact supply & demand significantly.
The advice I and others always gave was never to bid up your price just because you were worried about passing ROFR. So no, I don't think ROFR impacts supply and demand. I believe demand impacts ROFR.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #17
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Increase in ROFR, reduces the supply of resale contracts & drives up the cost of resale contracts. ROFR is not the only factor in driving up prices. If the economy is doing better, more people have $$$ to spend.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #18
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
Increase in ROFR, reduces the supply of resale contracts & drives up the cost of resale contracts. ROFR is not the only factor in driving up prices. If the economy is doing better, more people have $$$ to spend.

Increased demand increases the demand for both direct and resale contract.

Increased demand for resale reduced the supply of resale contracts.

Increase demand for direct contracts increases the level of ROFR which reduces the supply of resale contracts while still keeping the demand for resale contracts unchanged.

So we agree, the increase in demand is the driving force
Old 05-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #19
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Demand or no demand I still think there are a good few sellers who have over-cooked the asking prices. There are several BLT contracts available where the price is so high it offers tiny or no savings over direct. That is surely going to put most buyers off for now and impact demand
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #20
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
Demand or no demand I still think there are a good few sellers who have over-cooked the asking prices. There are several BLT contracts available where the price is so high it offers tiny or no savings over direct. That is surely going to put most buyers off for now and impact demand
Agreed. With the resale restrictions and the amount of time and effort required to go the resale route, resale buyers are expecting a discount to direct pricing. With only a tiny savings over direct it would not make sense to go resale. So how much demand though is there at say a 20% discount, a 30% discount, etc. For myself I never looked at it by how much the discount was, but rather what the total cost I could afford was, so there was a ceiling on how much I could afford to pay; hence why I never bought direct when I first learned about DVC and only bought resale years later after finding out about the resale market.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #21
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
Oh, I think it's quite possible they are just trying to get the money they paid for their BLT contracts back. Not everyone paid under $100 per point for BLT.

DenLo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #22
thptrek
DIS Veteran

I just bought BLT at $89. If it was near $100 I would have just gone direct. My first contract was rofr'd but I hung in there to try again. Resale works only if savings are there

New DVC Member 2013 (BLT) - First Trip Home March 14
thptrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #23
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
Increased demand increases the demand for both direct and resale contract.

Increased demand for resale reduced the supply of resale contracts.

Increase demand for direct contracts increases the level of ROFR which reduces the supply of resale contracts while still keeping the demand for resale contracts unchanged.

So we agree, the increase in demand is the driving force
I agree with this BUT - there were at least (that we know of) about 25 contracts for BWV alone taken (in a 2 week time frame) that is 25 buyers now buying the next contracts to be listed - thus decreasing supply. If those 25+ contracts were not taken there would be 25+ more BWV contracts on the resale market today - competetion. Yes it is supply and demand I am confident that once Disney stops ROFR supply will increase and demand will go down.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #24
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
I agree with this BUT - there were at least (that we know of) about 25 contracts for BWV alone taken (in a 2 week time frame) that is 25 buyers now buying the next contracts to be listed - thus decreasing supply. If those 25+ contracts were not taken there would be 25+ more BWV contracts on the resale market today - competetion. Yes it is supply and demand I am confident that once Disney stops ROFR supply will increase and demand will go down.
I'll agree with your BUT. It is reasonable to assume that when Disney announced the increase in prices that they created a bump in demand (probably just bring future demand forward) which in turn sucked up the supply of BWV faster than normal.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #25
lodge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thptrek View Post
I just bought BLT at $89. If it was near $100 I would have just gone direct. My first contract was rofr'd but I hung in there to try again. Resale works only if savings are there
Or if someone is looking to bypass the point requirement for initial buy in.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #26
sgtpet
DIS Veteran

I don't see any VWL resales on the timeshare store site. I wonder what that would go for? Any thoughts?
Old 05-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #27
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpet View Post
I don't see any VWL resales on the timeshare store site. I wonder what that would go for? Any thoughts?
Averaging Low to high 70's depending on contract.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #28
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
I was able to snag 50 VWL points in Feb for $65/pp (dec u/y) but it had no 2013 points
Old 05-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #29
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
We just put an offer on a VWL contract for $79pp. It has all of the points for 2013, going forward - and we didn't want to mess around with negotiating and lose this contract because it is exactly what we wanted.

It went to ROFR today, so we'll see if Disney steals this one away or not. I am not feeling great since they have been taking so many lately. I am going to be nervous all month.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #30
sgtpet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
We just put an offer on a VWL contract for $79pp. It has all of the points for 2013, going forward - and we didn't want to mess around with negotiating and lose this contract because it is exactly what we wanted.

It went to ROFR today, so we'll see if Disney steals this one away or not. I am not feeling great since they have been taking so many lately. I am going to be nervous all month.
Good luck, let us know if you get it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: