DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #16
RSWA2
Mouseketeer

I'm very similar to you. I am a young, single engineer. I first considered purchasing DVC primarily as a solo traveler when I first graduated, I ran all the numbers, compared finances over the time a the resale DVC's were good for (2042 to 2057) vs value, mod, deluxe with various discounted rates. Added inflation, growth potential of the money, hotel rate/MF increases, etc.

People who say DVC is so great with others because it is, but it doesn't mean that it's not great as a solo. At the end of the day, the resort is still the same/similar resort, whether you are traveling solo or with 1 or 10 people. You still fall asleep and wake up at WDW.

If you want to stay at non-value and non-mod resorts and you will travel at least every other year or so. Then DVC may be a good option. So I guess from one analytical mind to another and since we take emotion out of numbers, if the numbers work, then it works. Numbers don't lie. Your life outside of DVC may change and others may join you in future trips and you can say that the rooms are taken care of. I wouldn't let that hamper your decision. If you've never stayed at a deluxe, go check them out, or if you aren't going back soon, watch some videos of the lobbies, rooms, grounds, etc. See if you like them. You may just really like Values more and if that is the case, DVC won't be worth it.

I ran and played with the numbers for years before I purchased, looking back, I probably should have purchased earlier once I finished all my calculations and analyzing as since the numbers don't change, I ended up paying for 2 more trips, each 10+ night stays at a deluxe before I bought resale. So the price I paid for those 20+ nights would have paid for most of my resale purchase.
RSWA2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: