Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
brooke789
Mouseketeer
 
brooke789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 191

Is there a ball pit anywhere?

Is there a ball pit at Disney Quest or anywhere else in the parks? For that matter are there ANY indoor play areas?

I searched the forums and nothing came up, so I'm thinking the answer is no!

Thanks for your help!
brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke789 View Post
Is there a ball pit at Disney Quest or anywhere else in the parks? For that matter are there ANY indoor play areas?

I searched the forums and nothing came up, so I'm thinking the answer is no!

Thanks for your help!
Indoor play area-Dumbo line and exit at Mission Space.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
Suellen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Celebration, Florida
Posts: 5,232

I've never seen a ball pit at Disney. There are a couple indoor play areas... but no ball pit.
__________________
Suellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #4
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran
 
WantToGoNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,220

I havent seen a ball pit anywhere in years. My kids would never been allowed in them anyway. I was talking to an employee at Chuck E Cheese when ds was little and he said they where taken out because they are unsanitary - diapers leak, kids throw up, etc and you don't even know its in there.
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #5
brooke789
Mouseketeer
 
brooke789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 191

Yes, I was thinking later that it would be a great way to pick up diseases

We pulled out our home ball pit yesterday (over a week of straight rain here) and they were having so much fun I was thinking maybe there was on at Disney.

So, where are the other indoor play areas? I found pics of the Dumbo one on google and I think my kids would enjoy that b/c it looks like the same type of structures as our mall play area.

For the Dumbo can you go just to that or do you have to wait in line first?

Thanks for y our help!
brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #6
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke789 View Post
Yes, I was thinking later that it would be a great way to pick up diseases

We pulled out our home ball pit yesterday (over a week of straight rain here) and they were having so much fun I was thinking maybe there was on at Disney.

So, where are the other indoor play areas? I found pics of the Dumbo one on google and I think my kids would enjoy that b/c it looks like the same type of structures as our mall play area.

For the Dumbo can you go just to that or do you have to wait in line first?

Thanks for y our help!
The play area IS the line for Dumbo. They handed us a beeper type thing and said to give it back when we were done playing.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
DisneyGal24
Always dreaming of Disney!
 
DisneyGal24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: TN
Posts: 557

The play area at the Mission Space exit is nice. It's air conditioned and a relaxing break for the kids while waiting for someone to exit!
__________________
AsMo 2005, Pop 2011, ASports 2012, 1st DVC- BLT/AKL Jambo 2013
DisneyGal24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
QueenQueso
Mouseketeer
 
QueenQueso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToGoNow View Post
I havent seen a ball pit anywhere in years. My kids would never been allowed in them anyway. I was talking to an employee at Chuck E Cheese when ds was little and he said they where taken out because they are unsanitary - diapers leak, kids throw up, etc and you don't even know its in there.
This, exactly. My son is 7 and the only one he has ever played in is the inflatable one here at home because my sister picked up a virus when she was 2 that caused bumps all over her face. The dermatologist had to burn them all off because nothing else (steroid creams, antibiotics, etc) didn't work. I don't remember now what it was called (this was over 15 years ago) but I DO remember the doctor saying that the most likely place she picked it up at was a ball pit. NEVER AGAIN!
__________________
Me SO DS(8) DS(2)
QueenQueso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #9
EagleScout
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 476

No help on ballpit, but at animal kingdom, the boneyard playground is decent, and I know people like the honey I shrunk the kids playg4ound at dhs (plus, lots of the resorts have pretty nice playgrounds). And the grass area at boardwalk is a nice open flat play area just to run around
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #10
Alesia
DIS Veteran
 
Alesia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Orange Barrel Capitol of the World
Posts: 9,630

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenQueso View Post
This, exactly. My son is 7 and the only one he has ever played in is the inflatable one here at home because my sister picked up a virus when she was 2 that caused bumps all over her face. The dermatologist had to burn them all off because nothing else (steroid creams, antibiotics, etc) didn't work. I don't remember now what it was called (this was over 15 years ago) but I DO remember the doctor saying that the most likely place she picked it up at was a ball pit. NEVER AGAIN!
Was it molluscum contagiosum?
__________________

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.