Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

I have a few dining reservations made.. Any others I should add?

We will be at DLR the last week of June and it will be me, Dh, DS (10) and DD (7).

So far, I have reservations for Goofy's for dinner, Big Thunder, Cafe Orleans and Ariel's Grotto (just for DD and I).

Our favorite places to eat in the past are Rancho Zocalo (don't need reservations) and Carnation Cafe. I have looked at the Carnation cafe menu a bunch of times and nothing really appeals to me for breakfast or lunch except those fried pickles. In addition, I am gluten intolerant so much of the Carnation Cafe menus won't work for me anyway.

I know it is going to be busy during our dates and therefore, want to make my reservations now. There is nothing better than being hot, tired and hungry and getting to by pass the long line of folks outside of a restaurant and getting to go right in.

Are there any other restaurants we should reserve?

Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
whoever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Are there any other restaurants we should reserve?
Assuming you aren't interested in Blue Bayou, or Carthay ? Those are the ones which seem reservation-dependent.
whoever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Like whoever, the only others I would suggest a reservation for are Blue Bayou or Carthay. Both of which I really really enjoy.
If you're looking for another character meal Minnie & Friends has a great breakfast.
Off site there are other places I would suggest a reservation, like RFC or RBJK or even HoB.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Thank you!

Off to review the menu at BB and Carthay Circle...

Minnie and Friends would be really fun....maybe I will add that one on too.

Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Old 05-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
UnpokemonMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Minnie and Friends would be really fun....maybe I will add that one on too.
We usually do Minnie and Friends because DS11 loves Tigger.

We also like Wine Country Trattoria, mostly because there aren't many places in DCA where someone brings you food (I get tired of standing in line!)
UnpokemonMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #6
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnpokemonMom View Post

We also like Wine Country Trattoria, mostly because there aren't many places in DCA where someone brings you food (I get tired of standing in line!)
I agree!! Having someone bring the food to you is worth paying more and planning ahead....especially when you have kids and would have to get thier food as well as your own!

Old 05-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #7
UnpokemonMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I agree!! Having someone bring the food to you is worth paying more and planning ahead....especially when you have kids and would have to get thier food as well as your own!
That's it in a nutshell!
UnpokemonMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Minnie & Friends is a buffet so keep that in mind. No one is going to bring you your food there. But the other places I mentioned are TS so you will be served.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #9
Baliezer
DIS Veteran

I also suggest House of Blues. I was pleasantly surprised when we ate there. Ralph Brennan's has always been our favorite restaurant.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: