Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
bamagirl@hrt
DIS Veteran

Just Upgraded to DLH Concierge!

I knew that only my fellow Disney fanatics could appreciate the awesomeness of this development! We are staying 4 nights at DLR as part of our first trip to SoCal. We have enough Disney Visa reward dollars to pay for all of our package, except for $500 for the concierge upgrade.

I've always wanted to stay concierge at WDW. There, however, our stays are longer, making that kind of upgrade cost prohibitive. Plus, at WDW, we always have the dining plan, which provides more than enough food. So, I am splurging at Disneyland. I have had a rough school year with some difficult kids. This will be my reward for making it!! Now I must wait for June 22nd!
bamagirl@hrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #2
UnpokemonMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagirl@hrt View Post
I knew that only my fellow Disney fanatics could appreciate the awesomeness of this development! We are staying 4 nights at DLR as part of our first trip to SoCal. We have enough Disney Visa reward dollars to pay for all of our package, except for $500 for the concierge upgrade.

I've always wanted to stay concierge at WDW. There, however, our stays are longer, making that kind of upgrade cost prohibitive. Plus, at WDW, we always have the dining plan, which provides more than enough food. So, I am splurging at Disneyland. I have had a rough school year with some difficult kids. This will be my reward for making it!! Now I must wait for June 22nd!
Congrats, and how nice for you!

We are using our disney visa dollars for the park passes, so that's a big chunk of change as well.
UnpokemonMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
TheChapman6
DIS Veteran

That is so cool! I hope you love it.

Pepper Wife to ScottTrenton(11)Trevor(10)Tr istan(9) Tracen(6)Tressa(4). Truett(2)
TheChapman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Yay!

That is so exciting and what a great way to reward your teaching efforts this past year. Enjoy such a special experience!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
DisneyJewel
Mouseketeer

We just stayed DLH Concierge and LOVED it! It was such a great addition to our trip, and made things so much easier and more relaxing. Be sure to ask for a room in the same building as the concierge lounge. Also, they have tons of stuff that is not on display or in the fridge (the big one is water bottles to take the park), so ask for whatever you want. Have fun!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJewel View Post
We just stayed DLH Concierge and LOVED it! It was such a great addition to our trip, and made things so much easier and more relaxing. Be sure to ask for a room in the same building as the concierge lounge. Also, they have tons of stuff that is not on display or in the fridge (the big one is water bottles to take the park), so ask for whatever you want. Have fun!
Could you name some more of what is not on display to ask for? Thanks!

OP, that is so cool!!! We will be staying DLH concierge in Dec and can't wait!!! Wish I had some reward points to pay for it but at least all 5 of us fly free with my SW reward points!

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
DisneyJewel
Mouseketeer

I am not sure of everything, because we were only there for 3 days. If we ever get to stay again, I will ask the concierges if they have a list of stuff. Actually, I will try to use the concierge services more (meal reservations, etc.) I spent a long time on hold with Disney dining trying to get a last minute reservation before I realized "hey, I could have asked the concierges!" There were always 2 concierges there (apart from the food staff) and they were very nice. We only really asked them for movies though.

So they always have out coffee, tea, ice water in dispensers. Often they have out lemonade and ice tea. The fridge had soda cans, juice boxes and yogurts.

You have to ask for water bottles. They will ask you how many -- they are small so we always got a lot, for the park and the room. You can fill up your park bag if you want -- that's what people do in the mornings. They also have sparkling water, other sodas and other juices you have to ask for. There is beer and wine served at a certain time, but apparently you can ask for it anytime, and there is other alcohol as well -- I saw people asking for and getting Bloody Mary's, for example. They also have things in the back like whipped cream for the hot chocolate. There's probably more I don't know about, but don't hesitate to ask them -- everyone was super nice.

My opinion -- you can easily do breakfast in the concierge lounge and it opens early. They have fruit, cheeses, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, baked goods. Granola bars and uncrustables to go. We did dinner there one night with the hot appetizers (lumpia, ravioli, the lumpia in particular was great!) It would be (IMO) hard to do lunch with the stuff out at that time, unless your whole family wants to eat Uncrustables. We ate lunch in the parks, bringing snacks from the concierge lounge.

The seating is comfortable, it was never crowded, the views are fantastic, I would love to do it again if the price works.

Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizMe View Post
Could you name some more of what is not on display to ask for? Thanks!

OP, that is so cool!!! We will be staying DLH concierge in Dec and can't wait!!! Wish I had some reward points to pay for it but at least all 5 of us fly free with my SW reward points!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
disney4cam
Mouseketeer

Yay! How fun! Sorry you have had a tough school year. At least now you REALLY have something to look forward to!

We really want to stay DLH concierge for our trip in December, but it's pretty pricey. I had no idea you could use points by using the credit card! I never really thought about that. Did it take a ton of points? I think I might get the card and try it!
disney4cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Milk is another kept in the back. My daughter loves the latte machine. I don't remember seeing yogurts in the fridge, will have to look closer next week.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #10
DisneyJewel
Mouseketeer

I may be mis-remembering -- maybe it was only out for breakfast? We took a couple back to our room to have in the fridge there so maybe I am remembering that, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
Milk is another kept in the back. My daughter loves the latte machine. I don't remember seeing yogurts in the fridge, will have to look closer next week.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJewel View Post
I am not sure of everything, because we were only there for 3 days. If we ever get to stay again, I will ask the concierges if they have a list of stuff. Actually, I will try to use the concierge services more (meal reservations, etc.) I spent a long time on hold with Disney dining trying to get a last minute reservation before I realized "hey, I could have asked the concierges!" There were always 2 concierges there (apart from the food staff) and they were very nice. We only really asked them for movies though.

So they always have out coffee, tea, ice water in dispensers. Often they have out lemonade and ice tea. The fridge had soda cans, juice boxes and yogurts.

You have to ask for water bottles. They will ask you how many -- they are small so we always got a lot, for the park and the room. You can fill up your park bag if you want -- that's what people do in the mornings. They also have sparkling water, other sodas and other juices you have to ask for. There is beer and wine served at a certain time, but apparently you can ask for it anytime, and there is other alcohol as well -- I saw people asking for and getting Bloody Mary's, for example. They also have things in the back like whipped cream for the hot chocolate. There's probably more I don't know about, but don't hesitate to ask them -- everyone was super nice.

My opinion -- you can easily do breakfast in the concierge lounge and it opens early. They have fruit, cheeses, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, baked goods. Granola bars and uncrustables to go. We did dinner there one night with the hot appetizers (lumpia, ravioli, the lumpia in particular was great!) It would be (IMO) hard to do lunch with the stuff out at that time, unless your whole family wants to eat Uncrustables. We ate lunch in the parks, bringing snacks from the concierge lounge.

The seating is comfortable, it was never crowded, the views are fantastic, I would love to do it again if the price works.

Have fun!
Thanks so much, DisneyJewel!! I have stayed concierge before but didn't know about asking for things. I figured everything they had was already out!

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #12
bamagirl@hrt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4cam View Post
Yay! How fun! Sorry you have had a tough school year. At least now you REALLY have something to look forward to!

We really want to stay DLH concierge for our trip in December, but it's pretty pricey. I had no idea you could use points by using the credit card! I never really thought about that. Did it take a ton of points? I think I might get the card and try it!
It did take a ton of points! We put everything we possibly can on our Disney Visa to earn points, and then we pay it off each month. We have been collecting points since our last big trip to WDW in October 2010. We had about $3500 in rewards dollars. Otherwise, we would be staying in a standard view room!

Thanks to all who have shared their experiences (and/or anticipation!) of staying concierge at DLH. I love reading them and learning some of what I can expect. I think it will be so much easier to grab something for a quick breakfast & snacks for the park than going to a restaurant every morning. The park seems to open earlier in the summer, and I don't want to miss out on valuable ride time!
bamagirl@hrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #13
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran

Good for you, OP!
And so I am clear, you are able to get beer, wine, and cocktails throughout the day with concierge, not just during the hot appetizer time? If so I may actually upgrade too--we spend upwards of $90 on cocktails/tips during afternoons at the pool.
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #14
GeneralTso
DIS Veteran

Good for you! You're gonna love it.
We just returned on Tuesday and it was just fantastic.
The concierges that work there are so helpful and nice.
The wait staff will get you whatever you need, as well.

Indeed it's pricey but you get what you pay for. It spoils you.

The food is endless, I swear.
You can also rent from a large catalog of DVDs, 2 at a time.

We were inspired to watch Pirates again after seeing World of Color. That was neat. The Pirates portion of WOC is terrific.
GeneralTso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #15
DisneyJewel
Mouseketeer

Hi, this is my understanding but I did not actually do it myself (I only drank wine, though I did have a glass outside of the hot appetizer time) so you may want to confirm with someone else. I did see people get wine, beer or cocktails at different times of the day, including in the morning, and you can get plastic to go cups. Also, you ask for your drink and they bring it to you from the back-- though I suppose you could ask to see the bottles. Basically, I don't know how top-shelf anything is, or how many cocktails they offer, if that is important to you. It's not a full bar though, that's for sure. I heard that they also have liquers available during the dessert bar when there are fireworks -- we didn't watch the fireworks from the lounge though (but we all loved the dessert bar!)

The other thing is, we were in the same building - we were on the 9th floor and the lounge is on the 11th. Also, my kids are old enough to go on their own. If you have to trek over from another building, it may not as worth it because you lose the convenience factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceindisneyland View Post
Good for you, OP!
And so I am clear, you are able to get beer, wine, and cocktails throughout the day with concierge, not just during the hot appetizer time? If so I may actually upgrade too--we spend upwards of $90 on cocktails/tips during afternoons at the pool.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: