Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #121
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Thanks! That's just what I needed to know. We'll definitely be bringing things for the swap meet. In addition to non-Disney items, I know I have a bunch of Disney stuff that came in the grab bags sold at DTD. Untagged is the way to go for me. Haven't a clue what people are willing to pay.

Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayz View Post
Kathy, all,

The idea of the swap meet was for people to bring ANYTHING, Disney or not, that they just didn't want anymore, with the proceeds going to GKTW.

You can either tag everything with a selling price, or "best offer", and then when buyers come upstairs, they can pick it up, purchase it at the tagged price, or make a reasonable offer on an untagged item, and all of the cash / credit card purchases go to GKTW.

So, yes, it is an alternative to Goodwill, but with the added twist that for the Disney stuff, you might have a better audience.

All untagged items left over at the end will be donated to Salvation Army.
If the original owner wants their tagged items back, they can retrieve them, otherwise those too will go to Salvation Army.

If you have items of value that you would rather get a tax write-off, you would be better off holding it for the next local DIS meet. We have already filled our three auction types.

James

DVC Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #122
coinbeach45
Mouseketeer

I just ordered my tickets. My hubby and I will be there!!!!!
February 1995-Dixie Landings, October 1996-Offsite, July 1997-Offsite, November 1997-All Star Sports, November 1999-All Star Movies, May 2000 - All Star Music/Contemporary (Honeymoon), Jan/Feb 2006-Pop Century, October 2008-Pop Century
coinbeach45 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #123
dcayz
Earning My Ears

We are up to 39 people!

There are only 8 more days until the deadline for registration.

http://dedismeet.eventzilla.net
Old 10-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #124
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Just 24 days till the meet! Woohoo!

So excited! Can't wait to see/meet everyone!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #125
SusanWasHere
I'm on the left
Jimmy Kimmel wears a thong (just sayin')

Is there anyone *thinking* of going that would possibly like to split the hotel room? Female only? I don't snore LOL. I'd like to go, but after not working all summer and 2 long vacations to WDW, I am trying to not go crazy with $$$. You can PM me if you think you'd be interested. I'm coming from NJ, but am nothing like the people from the Jersey Shore. LOL
'93-POFQ, '96-Offsite, '00-Caribe Royale, '05-Paradise Orlando, '06-BCV, '07-BCV, '07-CSR, '08-Pop, '08-Pop, '09-AKV, '09-BCV,'09 - BWV, '10-POFQ, '10-ASMu/Sp,'10-VWL/BCV,'10-VWL,'11-Grand Californian, '11-ASMo, '11-VWL/BCV, '11-ASSp, '11-OKW, '11-Pop, '12-ASMu, '12-ASMo, '12-BWV, '13-Pop/SSR, '13-VWL/BCV
SusanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #126
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

I talked my DB and DSIL into joining the weekend! I expect that's two more for Iron Hill as well, but haven't received confirmation yet.

DVC Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #127
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Kathy View Post
I talked my DB and DSIL into joining the weekend! I expect that's two more for Iron Hill as well, but haven't received confirmation yet.
Fabulous! Just let me know if I need to add them to the list
Old 10-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #128
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Only 3 weeks to go!!

I have a few questions...

1) How many people are going to Iron Hill Saturday night? Do we have transportation James? I know there was a post that you would be able to arrange something. Just curious about whether that is happening or not.

2) Is anyone at all going to Rocky Horror? That was mentioned once- again, just curious.

3) Do we have to bring paper tickets with us? Or will you have a master list at check-in for each event?

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I will think of something else in the next 21 days!

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #129
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwscout View Post
Only 3 weeks to go!!

1) How many people are going to Iron Hill Saturday night? Do we have transportation James? I know there was a post that you would be able to arrange something. Just curious about whether that is happening or not.

2) Is anyone at all going to Rocky Horror? That was mentioned once- again, just curious.

3) Do we have to bring paper tickets with us? Or will you have a master list at check-in for each event?

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I will think of something else in the next 21 days!
Hi Linda,

I have 20 people on the list right now, with 2 more maybes, and without any of the podcast crew aside from Shaun. When we're closer in, I will call Iron Hill and let them know.

As far as transportation, I believe the plan is to arrange taxis to and from Embassy Suites. James should have more info on that, but I think the taxi company said they could take 5 in a cab at 2 bucks a person each way.

I don't know about Rocky Horror. I love it, but might not be up for it after the long day. Personally, I'm going to decide that one on the fly.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #130
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Just 5 MORE DAYS to register for this amazing weekend's events! Don't miss out!

List of registered attendees updated in first post!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #131
dcayz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwscout View Post
Only 3 weeks to go!!

Hi Linda,
I would love to go to Rocky Horror but will have to see how I feel that night.
You do not have to bring your paper ticket. I will have a master list for check-in. If you check-in on Friday you do not have to check-in again. Once registration closes on Oct 16 I will be sending out an email with more information. Can't wait to see everyone.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #132
dcayz
Earning My Ears

5 days left to register!
Here is the link to register http://dedismeet.eventzilla.net

We have 14 people for Friday's event, 41 people for Saturday's event and 15 people for Sunday's event.

I would really love to reach 50 people for Saturday's event.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #133
disneym2m
I am only allowed to visit Disney World once every five years... darn husband. Co-host of the Virginia Dis Meet 2011.

Hi everyone. I just talked my husband into going and purchased tickets. See everyone at the Saturday event.

Oh and I signed up for the meet up at Iron Hill as well. Should be fun to join everyone.

See you all in a few weeks.
disneym2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #134
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

So excited you are coming Melissa! You are going to be sick of seeing me twice in a month
Old 10-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #135
disneym2m
I am only allowed to visit Disney World once every five years... darn husband. Co-host of the Virginia Dis Meet 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
So excited you are coming Melissa! You are going to be sick of seeing me twice in a month
Not true. I will see you in October and November. So I will see you twice in two months......
disneym2m is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: