Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
WinterSux
Earning My Ears

Last Minute Rethinking of Itinerary. Would appreciate feedback!

We're going next Thursday!! I've had the same plan set for over a month and am now rethinking at the very last minute. Going with DH and DD4.

Current plan:

5/9 - Arrive 10am to MCO - to Epcot after dropping luggage at CSR.
1:40pm ADR at Akerhsus
7:25pm ADR at Rosé and Crown

5/10 MK day - lowest crowd level day of the trip
6:55pm ADR at Ohana (rethinking...)

5/11 HS day (considering moving to less crowded day with no EMH)
9:10am ADR at H&V...this is a must do but ADRs are still abundant and can move to another day
5:45pm ADR at HBD with Fantasmic

5/12 MK day 2 - Mother's Day!!
1:10pm ADR @ CRT - must do
9pm at Wishes Dessert Party

5/13 planned AK day (potentially switch morning session with HS day on 5/11?)
No ADRs so it's flexible
Flight out at 7:30pm

So my cause for rethinking is this...
- I want to avoid all you can eat when it's not tied to something 'extra' like characters or Fantasmic package. Any suggestions for a restaurant close to MK for nice, calm a la carte TS?

- I'm worried about HS EMH crowds on 5/11 AND am thinking about trying to attend Merida's coronation in MK that morning. Is it worth it to park hop HS H&V on 5/10 morning (then MK in the afternoon to do) then MK 5/11 morning and HS in evening for dinner?

OR

- move H&V to 5/13 breakfast and do AK most of the day 5/11 and park hop to HS for Fantasmic and HBD? (Miss Merida's coronation...but lower crowds based on crowd calendar)

- With F&G at Epcot, would I need more than one afternoon at Epcot? Would love opinions...

I planned a 'rest' day on my trip last year to WDW and we spent it at a shopping outlet... I consider that kind of wasted time, so I don't want to plan rest this time... DD4 was too excited to nap last time when she was DD3, so I'm not planning naps this year. If she sleeps she can do it in her stroller. That said... CSR looks awesome so, I'm considering a 'pool' day...thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any comments!

WinterSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSux View Post
We're going next Thursday!! I've had the same plan set for over a month and am now rethinking at the very last minute. Going with DH and DD4.

Current plan:

5/9 - Arrive 10am to MCO - to Epcot after dropping luggage at CSR.
1:40pm ADR at Akerhsus
7:25pm ADR at Rosé and Crown

5/10 MK day - lowest crowd level day of the trip
6:55pm ADR at Ohana (rethinking...)

5/11 HS day (considering moving to less crowded day with no EMH)
9:10am ADR at H&V...this is a must do but ADRs are still abundant and can move to another day
5:45pm ADR at HBD with Fantasmic

5/12 MK day 2 - Mother's Day!!
1:10pm ADR @ CRT - must do
9pm at Wishes Dessert Party

5/13 planned AK day (potentially switch morning session with HS day on 5/11?)
No ADRs so it's flexible
Flight out at 7:30pm

- I want to avoid all you can eat when it's not tied to something 'extra' like characters or Fantasmic package. Any suggestions for a restaurant close to MK for nice, calm a la carte TS?

- I'm worried about HS EMH crowds on 5/11 AND am thinking about trying to attend Merida's coronation in MK that morning. Is it worth it to park hop HS H&V on 5/10 morning (then MK in the afternoon to do) then MK 5/11 morning and HS in evening for dinner?

OR

- move H&V to 5/13 breakfast and do AK most of the day 5/11 and park hop to HS for Fantasmic and HBD? (Miss Merida's coronation...but lower crowds based on crowd calendar)

- With F&G at Epcot, would I need more than one afternoon at Epcot? Would love opinions...

I planned a 'rest' day on my trip last year to WDW and we spent it at a shopping outlet... I consider that kind of wasted time, so I don't want to plan rest this time... DD4 was too excited to nap last time when she was DD3, so I'm not planning naps this year. If she sleeps she can do it in her stroller. That said... CSR looks awesome so, I'm considering a 'pool' day...thoughts?

IMHO you are now officially a Disser the old re-thinking the plans very easy to do and very contagious reading the threads. I don't think I would change a thing just wanted to say you will LOVE CSR, absolutely beautiful (know several CMs that work there & very impressive) also wanted to say WOW CRT on Mother's Day that's a win win good for you

Have a great trip

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OR

I think Ohana for dinner is worth the exception. I LOVED it! On the other hand, my younger sister didn't like it at all, because everything was "sweet."

Personally, I like staying in the same park all day, because it helps me feel a sense of completion. However, Merida's coronation sounds like a once in a lifetime type opportunity, even though it will be crowded.
We take breaks every day, so I would probably end up doing the latter for the experience, since it wouldn't change much for us.

We only did the morning at Epcot this time around (it was a tough choice, but we had to lose time somewhere - we actually weren't planning on Epcot at all until I remembered about F&G) and I thought it was fine. However...that was a morning. We got all the rides we wanted to do done pretty quickly and managed to wander through some of the Flower & Garden stuff as well.
If you don't arrive until well after noon, you may have trouble fitting in some of the attractions by closing that evening. It depends more on what you want to accomplish in the time you have and how long of lines you're willing to wait in.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
WinterSux
Earning My Ears

Aww thanks!! Proud to be an official Disser.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
WinterSux
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post

However, Merida's coronation sounds like a once in a lifetime type opportunity, even though it will be crowded.
We take breaks every day, so I would probably end up doing the latter for the experience, since it wouldn't change much for us.
Thanks danceintherain! My DD is a huge princess fan, Merida is not her favorite but to have ALL the princesses there in one place I think would be a BIG deal for her.

Let me see what I can do... (tee hee...I feel like a travel agent...at my computer looking for options...)

Old 05-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Do you already have parkhoppers? If not, it will be $57 PER PERSON to add them. I'm not sure it is worth that for what you're wanting to do.

Could you switch your HS day with your 2nd MK day? I think missing that EMH and getting to see the Coronation is a great idea. The only problem you might have is your CRT ressie.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
WinterSux
Earning My Ears

Yeah I already got park hoppers so its not an issue, it's almost a shame not to hop a bit given I've paid for it.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
CapnJacksGirl
Mom to two little scalliwags!

I'd ditch the 'Ohana reservation, maybe in favor of Kona or The Wave. We thought both were quite good. 'Ohana is somewhat notorious for being behind on ADRs, and with a 4 year old, I wouldn't chance the potential waiting for a 6:55 ADR. When we ate there for dinner, we were seated almost an hour past our ADR time (6:30) and both DSs had fallen asleep (and then we had the worst meal we've ever had on property). We love breakfast at 'Ohana but we'll never go there again for dinner.

Enjoy your trip! So jealous of how close you are to being there!

CapnJacksGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #9
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah I already got park hoppers so its not an issue, it's almost a shame not to hop a bit given I've paid for it.
I think this is what I'd do, since you already have the hoppers:

5/9 Epcot
5/10 HS (you'll need to change some ADRs)
5/11 MK in a.m. for coronation then hop to AK (they are open til 8:00 and the park will empty out after the parade)
5/12 MK (you have that CRT ressie)
5/13 Either back to Epcot or go where you want to spend more time
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
DisneyHardin
DIS Veteran

Another really good a la carte place that is easy to get ADR's for is the Grand Floridian Cafe.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #11
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

You should definitly do Merida's coronation. That happens so rarely!
I would keep Ohana but if you really are against the family style how about switching to Kona...same resort, monorail service to MK, very good food.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #12
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

We arrive the same day as you and we're also planning MK for 5/10. I wanted to sleep in and do CMC on 5/11 and head to AK from about 2-8pm. Now may have to do MK in the am on 5/11 and let the rest of the fam sleep in without me.
I wouldn't do a full day of MK on 5/12 b/c of EEMH. We are doing HS that day (IIRC) and then have the WDP that night at 9 as well. Maybe we will see you there! I can't remember what is after that. Did you look at both easy Wdw and TP recs? I redid my plans around easy Wdw after polling people here as to which is better.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #13
WinterSux
Earning My Ears

I have been looking at the Easy WDW crowd calendars... Part of the reason I'm driving myself nuts trying to go to parks on the off days.

I want to stick to MK for 5/10 because its the only day with the lowest crowds and when MK gets crazy it gets crazy. But I can make this a half day and maybe hop to HS for the afternoon. Then do HS in the morning 5/12 and MK in the afternoon... To be honest the only reason I'm going to MK on 5/12 is because that's the only day the whole trip I managed to get CRT... IF somehow I snag a last minute CRT ressie for 5/10, my day would open up on 5/12.

it doesn't quite solve my Merida issue... This I might have to give up unless I do a whole lot of crazy hopping that day

Old 05-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #14
Pig Pen
To all who have come to this happy place...welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJacksGirl View Post
I'd ditch the 'Ohana reservation, maybe in favor of Kona or The Wave. We thought both were quite good. 'Ohana is somewhat notorious for being behind on ADRs, and with a 4 year old, I wouldn't chance the potential waiting for a 6:55 ADR. When we ate there for dinner, we were seated almost an hour past our ADR time (6:30) and both DSs had fallen asleep (and then we had the worst meal we've ever had on property). We love breakfast at 'Ohana but we'll never go there again for dinner.

Enjoy your trip! So jealous of how close you are to being there!

It's funny because we have experienced the opposite of this (we have eaten there probably a dozen times). We are always immediately seated no matter when our ADR is (we have shown with no ADR, or early, and one time I messed up and we showed up half hour late and were still seated with no problem). And we always enjoy the food and there is a couple of fun kids activities during the meal. Our 5 year-old grandson did fall asleep the last time we were there, but it was towards the end of the meal, it was late, and he'd had a long day!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #15
WinterSux
Earning My Ears

Arrow

Hmm OK, I now have multiple reservations...that I need to cancel in the next two days..

Tell me if this is nuts..

5/10
MK - lowest crowds
5:10 HBD with Fantasmic (would need to cancel Ohana and HBD the next day)
Will keep trying CRT until the day prior 5/9, if I get it, I can still cancel 5/12 ressie

5/11
MK - Merida
AK - Rest of the day (Lowest crowds day)
Can make ressie for Ohana, or a more chill restaurant at later time

5/12
HS - 9:15 H&V (lowest crowds day)
MK - 1:10 CRT (would cancel if by some impossible chance I get a last minute on 5/10)
9PM Wishes

5/13
HS or whatever else I might want to see...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: