Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #16
IowaTater
Mouseketeer

Do you get anything at the end? I thought I read somewhere there that there was a special Agent P pressed penny you got for the mission.

Pasta & Potatoes Conquer Orlando - October 2-10, 2013

First trip: 1995 - stayed off property
2nd trip (3rd anniversary): October 2-10, 2013 - ASMu
3rd trip (5th anniversary) (tentative): Nov. 29-Dec. 4, 2015 - POP
IowaTater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #17
angryduck71
Mouseketeer

Even when it was Kimpossible, at least after first mission (and I think you could ask for a specific country when you sign up), you can CHOOSE what country to go to next. My 5-year-old LOVED it and insisted on doing them all and that was our favorite time together at Disney. We're going back in 30 days and Agent P is what he's looking MOST forward to! I LOVE it too.
angryduck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #18
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Question...last time we did this it was KP and you had to skip around to whatever country they sent you to. Does it still work in the same way or can you go consecutively through the countries now? That way, we can just go in order and enjoy some drinks and snacks while the kids complete missions...keeps them busy! I agree that 30 minutes in one country is great! We have at times spent more than that even! Certain countries really have a lot to look at!
When we picked up the phone we had to tell the CM manning the station what country we wanted to do. We got 1 country on the phone. If we wanted to do another we would have gotten another phone, with I assume another mission loaded, at the next station. I don't think you have the option of getting them all on the phone at once. At least it wasn't presented to us as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaTater View Post
Do you get anything at the end? I thought I read somewhere there that there was a special Agent P pressed penny you got for the mission.
DGD did not get anything at the end of her mission
Old 05-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #19
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

They told us when we signed up for agent p and when it was Kim possible how long it would take and asked if we had the time. It was not a surprise. We enjoy going all over and short missions would be just walking to one thing and it being over. Hope they leave it how it is.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 10/23-10/28/15 Disney Magic.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11) rincess:
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #20
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

I think the missions are just the right length - 20-30 minutes in France is just enough time to purchase and consume one Grey goose Citron slush

I'm pretty sure my DS might get fed up of doing the France missipons over and over soon though
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #21
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
The Agent P pressed penny is only gotten during one particular mission.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #22
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

We love the Agent P missions! But we go every year and spend at least 3 days in epcot on every trip, so the missions help us slow down and enjoy the small details in each country. I think we have completed every mission and my DD10 has already stated what missions she wants to repeat this November. I am just happy that she chose France so I can get my creme brulee and Grand Marnier slushie!
princesspiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #23
casperthegm
Earning My Ears

We don't have a huge issue with the amount of time that a mission takes. And it does allow us to spend some time (not a lot) checking things out, which is nice.

The problem we run into is the multiple mission scenario, where DS wants to keep going. We don't want to squelch DS's fun but time really starts to tick away after 2-3 missions. That's where it's tough to find a balance. Fortunately, he's pretty good about stopping, plus Epcot is a park we visit twice on our trips, so we can split up the missions a bit.

Me DW DS
casperthegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #24
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I think the missions are just the right length - 20-30 minutes in France is just enough time to purchase and consume one Grey goose Citron slush

I'm pretty sure my DS might get fed up of doing the France missipons over and over soon though
I had that same thought...how can I keep them in France?

I saw a posting on another board about "Drinking Around the World". Perhaps I will make a spreadsheet of the best drinks to get in each country, so I'm covered no matter what mission the kids get.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #25
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I had that same thought...how can I keep them in France?

I saw a posting on another board about "Drinking Around the World". Perhaps I will make a spreadsheet of the best drinks to get in each country, so I'm covered no matter what mission the kids get.
The Moroccarita is pretty good too
Old 05-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #26
kris4360
DIS Veteran

One mission is enough! But my ds wants to finish them all! Frustrating!
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #27
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

We did them all when it was kimpossible. Since it was fairly recently that we did that, I know that the volume was the same on our phone, the phone seems the same, and the missions we've done with agent p are pretty much the same as they were with kp. After Norway and china even DS figured that out.

We were out of time by that one anyway, about to be late for dinner, but he didn't hve the drive to do them all that he had with kp. On one trip we did one or two and on a subsequent trip we did the rest. Exhausting but ok. Took hours then just like now!

Good to know about stopping the never ending dialogue! That got really old. With kp too.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #28
SwimBikeRun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brandy~ View Post
I agree 100%. We were in no particular hurry in Epcot, but the China mission took soooo long that my DS7 completely abandoned it and laid on a bench complaining while I followed my DD9 around for nearly an hour, trying to convince her to give up after the half hour mark.

I would strongly prefer a shorter 10-15 minute mission, by country, in an order that would keep us moving through the park and keep the kids interested. Instead I had one annoyed bored child and one that was mad that we wouldn't let her do more missions.
Ditto.

Add on a bored mom because I was busy watching him and listening to my youngest son (age almost 9 who had no interest and Epcot was already a stretch for him) complain that I didn't get to do anything that I wanted.

It was a nightmare.

We much preferred the Sorcerers of the MK game at MK.
SwimBikeRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #29
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamik86 View Post
Wait what would be the point of skipping the clues and going to the end... I mean why do it at all then?
Some people were saying the clues were too difficult for younger children. It's still fun to see what happens at the end of each mission. There are some really cool scenes/events.

Quote:
Only on one particular mission in France, and not every game has that mission. The secret penny machine had been taken out for a remodel for quite some time, but is back now.

ETA: Adults shouldn't dismiss this game as just for children. I am a 49 year old woman and I play by myself. I enjoy it a great deal and saw many things in the countries that I may not otherwise have noticed. I recently spent an entire day playing and had the time of my life.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #30
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

I have not had chance to Do agent P yet. Did KP ones a few times. I have done same mission in Norway 6 times even after asking nicely for a different country and saying why. I personally found Mission in China seemed like it took FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: