Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Fastpass Plus Thread?

I remember there was a fastpass plus thread? I can not seem to find it can someone direct me. Moderator please feel free to delete this thread once someone can provide me a link...thanks so much

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
the little marla
you're not getting cold fins now? are ya!

i'd like to know as well because this just popped up on my facebook.. i liked this page "spreading Magic," who is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida and they just posted this? wondering how true?

Spreading Magic
2 minutes ago

FastPass+ will become a reality on May 2, 2013.
You'll be able to order your Quick-Service lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant ahead of time, show up at your reservation time, scan your MagicBand+ or Card and sit down.

May 2013 Dining Report! June 2012 DDP Dining Report!

December '13 off site May '13 Pop/off site + 4nights Disney Dream June '12 Pop November '11 Disneyland for our honeymoon! May '11 4 nights on the Dream! + Poly!
August '10 Pop August '09 Pop/3 night Wonder Cruise! and ENGAGED IN DISNEY! 8.24.09! January '09 AS Movies
1986-2009 at least 1 trip per year, contemporary,pop,coronado springs, off site[/SIZE]
the little marla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little marla View Post
i'd like to know as well because this just popped up on my facebook.. i liked this page "spreading Magic," who is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida and they just posted this? wondering how true?

Spreading Magic
2 minutes ago

You'll be able to order your Quick-Service lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant ahead of time, show up at your reservation time, scan your MagicBand+ or Card and sit down.
Yeah...I don't think so.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Interesting!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC

disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little marla View Post

Spreading Magic
2 minutes ago

That would be crazy if it really happened. I wonder where they got that information? Has anyone questioned it on facebook? Guess I will have to go look.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

I don't know how true the travel agent email is about FP+ becoming a reality on 5/2, but someone on the restaurants board got a call saying that her BoG ADR for 9/6 was going to be cancelled because the restaurant was going to be closed that evening.

The castmember apologized & told the person that maybe her family could fastpass lunch at BoG instead.

http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3104879

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 4 years)

Last edited by Wendy31; 05-01-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

I think the link you're referring to is the one by bcrook if that helps
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #8
spidet1964
Mouseketeer

I know they are majorly testing the system. My sister was there with her friends last week and they were asked to test fast passes for fantasmic. And I've read in a lot of places they are going to start fast passing BOG at lunch.

]
spidet1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #9
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidet1964 View Post
I know they are majorly testing the system. My sister was there with her friends last week and they were asked to test fast passes for fantasmic. And I've read in a lot of places they are going to start fast passing BOG at lunch.
I wonder how they will fastpass Be Our Guest? One would think a properly working software package would be needed. An RFID card could replace the magicband, but what would the interface be?

Disney is also playing around with fastpasses for the parades.

There is a FP+ link in my signature if anybody wants it.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #10
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
I wonder how they will fastpass Be Our Guest? One would think a properly working software package would be needed. An RFID card could replace the magicband, but what would the interface be?
There was supposed to be some testing, but I don't know what happened.

My guess is this is simply pre-ordering, and perhaps pre-paying. You go to the designated "check in" point, swipe, and go sit down, and they bring the food to you.

I have some questions as to just how much faster this will be, as I'm not sure they can pre-pull your order based on when you might show up...instead I think it's just to simplify things on the other side, with less register-loitering in placing orders, etc.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #11
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
There was supposed to be some testing, but I don't know what happened.

My guess is this is simply pre-ordering, and perhaps pre-paying. You go to the designated "check in" point, swipe, and go sit down, and they bring the food to you.

I have some questions as to just how much faster this will be, as I'm not sure they can pre-pull your order based on when you might show up...instead I think it's just to simplify things on the other side, with less register-loitering in placing orders, etc.
When all the software is up and running, a lot (or all) the quick service restaurants will be accessible through the app. Login, order food, choose a time, burn a precious fastpass+, show up, scan the bracelet, walk away with hot food.

But, without the online/app software, I don't see how one could order in advance without going to the restaurant and using the kiosk. I thought people were already using the kiosk and the rose.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #12
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
When all the software is up and running, a lot (or all) the quick service restaurants will be accessible through the app. Login, order food, choose a time, burn a precious fastpass+, show up, scan the bracelet, walk away with hot food.

But, without the online/app software, I don't see how one could order in advance without going to the restaurant and using the kiosk. I thought people were already using the kiosk and the rose.
I think this is just the next stage of testing, if they are even correct about it.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: