Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #511
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thank you. My stomach doesn't hurt anymore but I'm exhausted. Looks like I'll be very productive here today on the DIS. I wish I could nap but I am so not a napper.
Good to hear Jenny.

I could teach you to nap - I'm quite skilled at it!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #512
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Twilight starts in a bit.

Sounds like you're super busy....as am I for the next 2 weeks. Will be popping in and out but I may not catch anyone.
OK looks like twilight has hit so I’ve saved this post for tomorrow!

I can't believe that we started calling agents a week ago yesterday, EVENING (now today). And within less than a week we are putting in an offer!!!!!

But with last Fall's looking and hearing about my parent's horror stories and seeing what's out there, this is by FAR the best thing on the market in this price category. We need to snatch it before it goes away!

Hopefully our paths will cross soon. If not in about 45 days in person, and who knows, maybe we will have Shabu Shabu for lunch and go check out the place (that is if your men will put up with it). Heck, I'd take you back to the hotel if they wanted to bail just so you could see it!

Perhaps you three could even stay there in the future, we'd just have to find a couch or something for DS to sleep on since we really only allotting for 2 overnight guests in Olga's room max!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #513
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Ooh, just catching up on all your news

The house is beautiful - good luck!

I am sending pixie dust from England
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #514
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
I really hope you get this house! I can imagine the myriad of paperwork you have to scan. It's never ending when buying a new property. It's like a new ride at a theme park just when you think you know how it will end...oh no it changes and takes you round for a lap of honour!

Keep hanging in there Alison. It's a really stressful process this and you must keep yourself well. I sometimes think diets should be put on hold during these times also. Your body has enough stress!

Thanks for explaining ESCROW. Sounds like you have to barter with DW like I do to get a tiny nugget of hanging space for your clothes lol. My heart sunk when we were at AKV it has half the hanging space of SSR. I have taken to wearing non iron clothes now as a solution lol..

Keep us posted!
Actually she will give me the world if I ask for it, but I think she has always wanted a walk in closet, I will let her have whatever she wants, but since there are two shoe walls, I was just hoping she would share one. She probably has enough shoes to fill two walls, but she only wears three pairs of them. I could maybe fill a wall, but I could get rid of a bunch of them and will when we move.

Quote:
Holy girl, you have been busy busy. Good luck today at the 10 AM meeting. I'll be pulling for you.

Love how Fran threw in the little perk. Smooth.

How was Sister Act?

Hey and at least you can count all that moving and packing boxes on your FitnessPal. Looking for the silver lining to being exhausted.

I was up all night with the stomach flu so pardon any typos. I'm posting in a haze of no sleep and malnutrition.
Well the 10AM meeting was just to sign various papers, that went OK and the agent gave us homemade cookies!

He is definitely looking for that perk!

Sister Act was awesome! The tunes were definitely Alan Menken, reminiscent of his other work, but not copies, and the lyrics and counterpoint were just awesome! It was a great show, the music definitely was amazing and the show overall was really funny.

OMG! I don't need anymore moving boxes and crap toward MFP! well yesterday maybe but after today I'm done for a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Wow, things are moving fast! Fingers crossed the meeting goes well

I love Fran's side offer, she's a quick thinker.
Yeah I can't even believe that one week ago we were just thinking about places to live and now we have an offer in. And the fact that the agent has a DL connection is so funny, but it really is a motivating factor. She KNEW that it would yank his chain when she said it and was totally looking for that, I was blindsided so I didn't see his reaction. She often does that to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Simply amazing home...not even going to call it a house, praying this will be your new home Have to agree with what you said..See, all the hassle of what you went through on 1st There is always a bigger and better plan down the road ( I need to keep reminding myself of this wonderful advice ) Tell you what ? You keep reminding me and I'll keep reminding you

Enjoy all your busy coming up plans
Sounds like a deal! I think that you're totally right, we were meant to be steered in another direction rather than be subjected to the idiots and bigots. I mean we NEEDED a tiki bar, who doesn't!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #515
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
No matter what happens SO TRUE.

SO TRUE!!!!
Absolutely! Everything happens for a reason. I just hope that there are no other offers in there while ours are going in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I had to laugh at Fran's incentive. Let's hope that it works. How big of a problem are the electrics and and plumbing?

Corinna
I constantly laugh at how Fran uses things to her incentive. That is part of her charm. These two are definitely motivated on our behalf, we just hope there aren't other offers! The electrical and plumbing are about $10K-15K big of problems. It gave us good reason to put in a rather low offer, let's hope it doesn't backfire!

And I know I'm not at least 3-4 updates behind on your TR! I hope I can catch up while we are at my folks since I won't be moving boxes or whatever for the next few days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
That is one beautiful house! I could easily see myself living there even though I don't like living in the 'burbs anymore after all these years on our 5.5 acres. I hope you get it

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Well actually this isn't even the "burbs" it's sort of right in the heart of the city, you just can't tell. There is a major street off the back of the property, which backs up on the VA hospital and a University. It's really right in the middle of a bustling town, but looks like it is in the burbs because of the wonderful area. That was our biggest hesitation was what was beyond the backyard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
WOW WOW WOW!

Good luck on the offer tomorrow, I'll be trolling for news!

Love Fran's "offer" and your tiki planning
Hopefully we will know something by mid next week. I will be happy if we have an answer by the time we get home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Oh my gosh! The house is AMAZING! Whereabouts is it located in LB? At first I was thinking near CSULB but maybe not...I remember taking a shortcut from our apartment through this nice area to get to school and the houses were gorgeous.

So. Which bedroom is mine?!
Yup! That's exactly where it is. The area is called Park Estates. I'm sure you didn't drive past this house on your shortcut, you probably took Anaheim Road from Clark to Bellflower to get to CSULB. This place is actually way back nestled in the interior, the only problem is that it is so far back that it goes all the way back to Bellflower Blvd and if you remember the Arco off Atherton, and the hotel converted to a Medical building, this property is right behind that.

Pretty much it backs up to Bellflower Blvd. There are 12 ft walls but if our cats get over the walls, they are on a darned busy street. We are hoping to put something on the top of the walls that if they can jump that high then still can't get over, but if they are still that stupid, we hope they don't try to cross the street. This was our biggest fear, but eventually a Park Estates home all on one story with a pool, grassy yard and incredible home won out over the stupidity of the cats. We hope they don't prove us wrong.

You can come and stay with Olga. That will be the only other bedroom besides our own, the others will be repurposed for other uses. Fran is already talking about a second story for the dedicated HM room!

Quote:
Did you go to CSULB? That's where I went! Class of '93.
I think she was a few years behind you, but we have a few CSU folks here. CSUN! Go Matadors! Sounds better than Go Dirtbags!

Last edited by franandaj; 07-26-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #516
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Ooh, just catching up on all your news

The house is beautiful - good luck!

I am sending pixie dust from England
Thank you very much! I hope you had a wonderful trip. Next time you come to DL, please let me know, I would love to come out and say "hi". Did you end up meeting up with Tayalltheway on one of your trips?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #517
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Who's sharing Olga's room with me? I hope they don't snore!
Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Disneyland pre-trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #518
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Good to hear Jenny.

I could teach you to nap - I'm quite skilled at it!

and
Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Disneyland pre-trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #519
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

What's the next stage Alison what happens now? Omg a walk in wardrobe would be darling!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 2008, Saratoga The Springs 2009, Saratoga The Springs 2010, Saratoga The Paddocks 2011, Disney Dream 2011, Saratoga The Grandstand 2012, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL Kidani Village 2013, Saratoga 2013 , VWL 2013, Disney Dream 2013, ASMu 2014, Saratoga 2014, AKV 2014, BCV 2014, Disney Dream 2014, VGF 2014

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #520
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Fran is already talking about a second story for the dedicated HM room!

Look at Fran go!

Exciting times Alison! I sleep on the floor here so I will sleep anywhere.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #521
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you go to CSULB? That's where I went! Class of '93.
Yes! DH and I both walked together '08

Quote:
Yup! That's exactly where it is. The area is called Park Estates. I'm sure you didn't drive past this house on your shortcut, you probably took Anaheim Road from Clark to Bellflower to get to CSULB. This place is actually way back nestled in the interior, the only problem is that it is so far back that it goes all the way back to Bellflower Blvd and if you remember the Arco off Atherton, and the hotel converted to a Medical building, this property is right behind that.

Pretty much it backs up to Bellflower Blvd. There are 12 ft walls but if our cats get over the walls, they are on a darned busy street. We are hoping to put something on the top of the walls that if they can jump that high then still can't get over, but if they are still that stupid, we hope they don't try to cross the street. This was our biggest fear, but eventually a Park Estates home all on one story with a pool, grassy yard and incredible home won out over the stupidity of the cats. We hope they don't prove us wrong.

You can come and stay with Olga. That will be the only other bedroom besides our own, the others will be repurposed for other uses. Fran is already talking about a second story for the dedicated HM room!
Oh wow how awesome! Hopefully the cats won't go over them. You could grow jasmine or vines or something along the walls to deter them? Or maybe they like that

If you do add a two story, you do realize you're going to have to charge us folks to visit your HM attraction to help pay for that right?
DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #522
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
I constantly laugh at how Fran uses things to her incentive. That is part of her charm. These two are definitely motivated on our behalf, we just hope there aren't other offers! The electrical and plumbing are about $10K-15K big of problems. It gave us good reason to put in a rather low offer, let's hope it doesn't backfire!

And I know I'm not at least 3-4 updates behind on your TR! I hope I can catch up while we are at my folks since I won't be moving boxes or whatever for the next few days!
That sounds like big problems or maybe having issues like this fixed in the USA are a lot more expensive then in the UK.

The trip report will not go anywhere. I am hoping to start a pre trip report over the weekend.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #523
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Wow I had some catching up to do tonight you've been quite the busy bee. Congrats on putting in an offer you have us all on pins and needles waiting to hear if you get the Pool and Tiki Bar.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:38 AM   #524
franandaj

Quote:
Who's sharing Olga's room with me? I hope they don't snore!
Well Olga's room is on a first come first serve basis. My parents get first dibs.

Just realize Olga dreuls and loves to lay on her human's chest. So factor that part in there!
Old 07-27-2013, 02:50 AM   #525
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
What's the next stage Alison what happens now? Omg a walk in wardrobe would be darling!
The next step is that we wait to find out if we can get a loan. We shoukd have been"prequalified" before we started looking, but we did everything backwards. They are still working on processing our credit. Fran is working on making this look better. You would be surprised at what she can do, or maybe not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Yes! DH and I both walked together '08

Oh wow how awesome! Hopefully the cats won't go over them. You could grow jasmine or vines or something along the walls to deter them? Or maybe they like that

If you do add a two story, you do realize you're going to have to charge us folks to visit your HM attraction to help pay for that right?
Actually we are going to cut the vines, they could use the vines to climb the wall. There is really only one cat we worry about, Mac, he is the roamer. The others just love to hang out in our yard in the sun. We have enough kitty condos outside that they have comfy places to sleep outside and don't feel the need to explore. Mac is the youngest and he likes to get aroind.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: