Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
Shock13
Mouseketeer

Norway Princess Breakfast Solo?

Hello, I'm going on a solo trip in February 2014 and thinking about doing this breakfast so I can get some pictures with the princesses all in one place. Has anyone done this before or any meal like this solo? How did it go?
I'm not a very outgoing person so I don't want it to be weird...for them and for me.
Thanks.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

I did a couple of character meals solo on our last summer trip because DH was at a conference. I just quietly asked one of the tables next to me if they would take my picture with the characters and then I would return the favor (getting their whole group in). Sometimes, the servers will help you out too.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock13 View Post
Hello, I'm going on a solo trip in February 2014 and thinking about doing this breakfast so I can get some pictures with the princesses all in one place. Has anyone done this before or any meal like this solo? How did it go?
I'm not a very outgoing person so I don't want it to be weird...for them and for me.
Thanks.
Although I haven't done this character breakfast solo, I have done many of them, and surprisingly, loved them. I also am really shy, and thought I'd feel "wierd" at character meals by myself. Finally I did Cape May, only because I was staying at BCV and wanted a big breakfast one day. I had TWO servers-it's like they were so concerned that the solo didn't feel awkward. And the characters were wonderful. What I did was give them my camera and say "I'd love to have my picture taken with you. Do you think someone would take our picture?" Although sometimes they just ran over to a handler or server they knew and motioned for them to take our picture, occassionally they'd go to another guest and motion for them to take our picture (I'm always reluctant to ask others for favors, so this helped). That always caused a lot of laughter, and I met some super nice people that way. No one dares say "No" to a character!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
katiee37
DIS Veteran

My January trip was originally supposed to be solo and I honestly avoided character meals at first not because I was shy but because I didn't think servers would be near me at all times and I didn't want to bother nearby tables even if I did offer to return the favor. As a result I started looking into non-character breakfasts I may have avoided otherwise--like Kona Cafe, so there are options for big breakfasts without characters too. Now that my trip isn't solo anymore, I booked my birthday breakfast at Crystal Palace and I can't wait! I'm not sure if I would have booked it though if I was still going solo.
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: