DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
pmaurer74
DIS Veteran

How many of you are waiting for more contracts to be available?

and not on the wait list? Luckily, we will not be ready to buy for another 5-6 months but there is barely anything out there as you know. Os I was curious as to how many people are waiting for more availability or pricing to go back down before buying a contract?
GF - 3/12
SSR/VWL - 6/12
BC CL - 6/13
WL - 12/13
WL - 12/14
pmaurer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

We are kinda in the opposite situation. We went on the direct buy wait list as we gave up hope what we wanted would become available resale and it did. Now just waiting to close before I cancel the waitlist. there may not be a lot of inventory out there but moire comes up for sale all the time you just need to be switched on and quick. We were put on a mail drop by the company we use so we got an email from them the minute they listed the points we wanted which was great as they were all sold the next day and there were three contracts.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
JWG
DIS Veteran

We're in a weird space of not sure when... We (ok, "I") want to add more points at BLT but am not ready to pull the trigger. I watch the resale sites for deals but we have an odd use year for BLT (August), so they don't come up often. When they do, they're usually 160+ points and I really only want 50-75.

I've not contacted DVC direct as paying over $8,000 for 50 points is outrageous.

I'd like to add on in a couple of years likely and may have to do waitlist.
But, maybe as GFV and Poly come online, people will sell BLT.

JWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
montrealdisneylovers
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=JWG;48244325]We're in a weird space of not sure when... We (ok, "I") want to add more points at BLT but am not ready to pull the trigger. I watch the resale sites for deals but we have an odd use year for BLT (August), so they don't come up often. When they do, they're usually 160+ points and I really only want 50-75.

I've not contacted DVC direct as paying over $8,000 for 50 points is outrageous.

I'd like to add on in a couple of years likely and may have to do waitlist.
But, maybe as GFV and Poly come online, people will sell BLT.[/QUOTE]

I am REALLY hoping the same thing!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
DizBub
Totally Addicted

I am waiting to see what appears on the resale market after the dust settles. I wanted to get on the waitlist for BCV for under 50 points before the price hike. Would have done it if we could have gotten last year's points but that wasn't happening.

At this point I'm really more interested in OKW or SSR 100-200 points.

Waiting........
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
goodtmz37
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
I am waiting to see what appears on the resale market after the dust settles.
Same here. I think we'll see more than we do now after everyone takes a breather from the hike.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

I took a break from looking last spring thinking the prices would come down after MF were due in the new year. That price drop never happened and instead they kept going up, so a year later and I'm still waiting for the prices to go down
Old 05-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

I will take a break if the BWV I have in ROFR does not pass. I may start looking at just adding more BLT points. I just saw 2 new listings BWV Aug UY (my ideal UY) one 300 point the other 270 neither contract has points until 2014 and both are listed at 85.00PP I would not pay 85.00 for stripped or even loaded BWV contract especially when I can get a decent BLT for the same price or a few dollars more and have 18 years longer! Very scary

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #9
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post
We are kinda in the opposite situation. We went on the direct buy wait list as we gave up hope what we wanted would become available resale and it did. Now just waiting to close before I cancel the waitlist. there may not be a lot of inventory out there but moire comes up for sale all the time you just need to be switched on and quick. We were put on a mail drop by the company we use so we got an email from them the minute they listed the points we wanted which was great as they were all sold the next day and there were three contracts.
Sod's law applies as we wait to close on our resale the direct points we waitlisted came through so i had to turn them down!
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #10
DisneynBison
Mouseketeer

I decided to wait and monitor the prices also. After renting we decided what resort we wanted but have decided to take a wait and see. Ended up working out well for my girls as a kick *** playsystem is being installed in the backyard on Friday that I probably would not have bought them if we bought DVC. I am keeping my eyes open for the perfect contract but no hurry. We will see how the next 6-12 months play out in the market.
DisneynBison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #11
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
I will take a break if the BWV I have in ROFR does not pass. I may start looking at just adding more BLT points. I just saw 2 new listings BWV Aug UY (my ideal UY) one 300 point the other 270 neither contract has points until 2014 and both are listed at 85.00PP I would not pay 85.00 for stripped or even loaded BWV contract especially when I can get a decent BLT for the same price or a few dollars more and have 18 years longer! Very scary
Geez, maybe I should have listed my contract for more! I listed a 50 point BWV stripped contract a week or so ago and settled on $73/point. Granted, I doubt they'll get $85 for those contracts but may well get above what I got for a much larger contract.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #12
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnsoul View Post
Geez, maybe I should have listed my contract for more! I listed a 50 point BWV stripped contract a week or so ago and settled on $73/point. Granted, I doubt they'll get $85 for those contracts but may well get above what I got for a much larger contract.
The site that listed the BWV contract in the $80's typically has listings well above market price. Personally, I would not pay those inflated prices.

Also, none of those have gone to contract yet. Upcoming price reductions?

Last edited by NoleFan; 05-01-2013 at 05:11 PM.
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #13
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
The site that listed the BWV contract in the $80's typically has listings well above market price. Personally, I would not pay those inflated prices.
Me neither. However, there are people who are considering buying direct at $130pp who still see this as a discount.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #14
Dziactor
Mouseketeer

I am waiting for a good contract as well.

Dziactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #15
zgirlz
Earning My Ears

I agree with most of the comments, we cannot close until June, do to sellers using this years points. But we are already looking to add more points if we can get a better contract. We bought a stripped one and now would be looking for a more loaded, but smaller contract. I do think they will be coming available in the next few months. At least I certainly hope so!
zgirlz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: