Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Momofone92
Mouseketeer

I can shift dates for "free dining" but...

Okay I have the Yacht Club booked for August 27-Sept 2. I "could" change our dates for free dining but I am not seeing how it will save me much... I already booked air on Southwest but they don't have change fees so I "could" change it.

It is just me and my 9 year old daughter. We prefer (and love) to stay deluxe. We got the Yacht Club for a promo for that time period with 5 day tickets and a "fun" pass day for $1600. Even if I factor we spend $500 on food (which would be outrageous)... I don't see how we would save more...

Am I missing anything?
Momofone92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofone92 View Post
Okay I have the Yacht Club booked for August 27-Sept 2. I "could" change our dates for free dining but I am not seeing how it will save me much... I already booked air on Southwest but they don't have change fees so I "could" change it.

It is just me and my 9 year old daughter. We prefer (and love) to stay deluxe. We got the Yacht Club for a promo for that time period with 5 day tickets and a "fun" pass day for $1600. Even if I factor we spend $500 on food (which would be outrageous)... I don't see how we would save more...

Am I missing anything?
Free dining is usually a better deal for value or moderate resorts and you have more "adults" (10 or over). Yacht Club with 1 adult and 1 child could be better with a room discount.
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
DolewhipPrincess
Earning My Ears

You can't use both discounts so you are better off just keeping the one you have.

If you and your daughter are not big eaters and you think you will spend less that $500 on food, then you should keep the discount you already have.

Free dining isn't always the best fit for everyone. Large families often benefit from free dining.
DolewhipPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
Momofone92
Mouseketeer

Thank you

I always hate to feel like I am missing something LOL I can totally see how free dining is a huge plus with two adults and two kids. I just don't know for just us it is worth it. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I would add the dining plan BUT the deal I used won't let me.
Momofone92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: