Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

Free Dining dates question....

So, do I remember correctly that if ANY of your trip dates fall in the FD dates, your whole trip is given the FD discount?

Example, if the rumor is true, and FD starts Sept. 2 and your last day is Sept. 2, then do you get FD for your whole trip which started, say Aug. 28?
Thanks!

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
Cappy81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat fan View Post
So, do I remember correctly that if ANY of your trip dates fall in the FD dates, your whole trip is given the FD discount?

Example, if the rumor is true, and FD starts Sept. 2 and your last day is Sept. 2, then do you get FD for your whole trip which started, say Aug. 28?
Thanks!
In order to get FD you have to check in anytime from 9/2-9/25.

3/12 Poly, 9/12 AKL, 9/13 WL, 9/14 AKL
Cappy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

the pp is correct. Your start date has to start with the offer. Often (generally as I recall) if your dates go beyond the free dining period then you still get FD for the rest of your trip.
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat fan View Post

Thanks!
No, that is not correct. Your check IN date had to fall within the FD promo dates. If you check in by at least the last day of the promo, you can have the FD discount applied to your entire stay, up to 14 nights.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #5
Mikeynz
Earning My Ears

I'm with the first poster - we are due to Disney on the 29th aug so if we check in on that date we will NOT get free dinning even if we are staying until 9th sept ...

If we miss out - we wanted to go to universal , would we be best to look at staying there for a couple of night than check into Disney ?

Thanks for the advice.
Mikeynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #6
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeynz View Post
I'm with the first poster - we are due to Disney on the 29th aug so if we check in on that date we will NOT get free dinning even if we are staying until 9th sept ...

If we miss out - we wanted to go to universal , would we be best to look at staying there for a couple of night than check into Disney ?

Thanks for the advice.
You can do two (continuing) reservations at Disney. One where you stay August 29 through September 1 and one where you stay September 2-September 9. You would get the free dining for the second portion of the trip - but there are minimum ticket purchase requirements for the free dining portion, so it may or may not be worth it, depending on the size of your party.

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
CopperWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #7
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperWife View Post
You can do two (continuing) reservations at Disney. One where you stay August 29 through September 1 and one where you stay September 2-September 9. You would get the free dining for the second portion of the trip - but there are minimum ticket purchase requirements for the free dining portion, so it may or may not be worth it, depending on the size of your party.
This!
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #8
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeynz View Post

Thanks for the advice.
That is correct, you will NOT get the FD discount applied to your stay if you check in on August 29. Your check in date would have to be September 2 to apply the free dining discount.

If you were planning on going to Universal anyway, the simplest and cheapest choice would probably be to stay at a cheap hotel near Universal those first three nights and then head over to Disney early on September 2 and check in and pick up your tickets and hit the parks. They will hold your luggage and put it in the room when it's ready.

The only other option would be to do a split stay at Disney at your current resort. Make the first reservation for 3 nights room only and pay out of pocket for food. You could pick up your package tickets up to 3 days early at Guest Relations at Downtown Disney or any of the parks - or just go over to Universal for a couple of days. Then have your FD package start on September 2 for the remainder of your stay at Disney.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #9
luvdisney77
Mouseketeer

So, I'm good under FD for my entire trip if I check-in on 9/21, but check-out on 9/28? thanks!
Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/26 - 3/5/11
POP CENTURY during MVMCP!! 11/25-12/3/11:santa
So far, no trip on the horizon. Need $ and FD!
luvdisney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #10
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdisney77 View Post
So, I'm good under FD for my entire trip if I check-in on 9/21, but check-out on 9/28? thanks!
Yep
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #11
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdisney77 View Post
Yes, as long as you check in by the last day of a FD promo, you can apply the FD discount to your entire stay, up to 14 nights.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #12
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

Are any mods not included sometimes in the fd offer thinking switching from all star movies to port .
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: