DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #31
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

I've dealt with TSS and Fidelity and I agree the website, communication and timeliness was better with TSS. My latest dealing with Fidelity, had an offer accepted with the details email to us, then a few days later we found out the banked points listed on the website were no longer in the contract and when I asked to have the price re-negotiate due to the missing points the sellers raised it so I walked away rather then pay the higher amount. I've seen many listing stay on their website long after I've been told they are sold too.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #32
Fignewtons
Earning My Ears

I just had an offer accepted from Fidelity. Good selection, my agent was very co-operative on what offer to make and what is fair market value. My only complaint is they are so busy, you have to keep on top off them. 80% of the communication on status starts with me. But they are never bothered by me calling to check on statuses. If you want a more personal relationship, some of the more common DVC resale sights are good like that. Also, there is the $195 admin fee. But the prices are generally so good, that is peanuts to what I am saving on my purchase.

See how the rest of this goes once it is sent to title company.
No real complaints.
Fignewtons is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #33
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Current listing prices would be a big downside but then they are only asking prices
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #34
Fignewtons
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignewtons View Post
I just had an offer accepted from Fidelity. Good selection, my agent was very co-operative on what offer to make and what is fair market value. My only complaint is they are so busy, you have to keep on top off them. 80% of the communication on status starts with me. But they are never bothered by me calling to check on statuses. If you want a more personal relationship, some of the more common DVC resale sights are good like that. Also, there is the $195 admin fee. But the prices are generally so good, that is peanuts to what I am saving on my purchase.

See how the rest of this goes once it is sent to title company.
No real complaints.
Ok, did my offer on Apr 19 and still may not be done until mid next week. I think this is stating to influence my opinion I posted above. Whenever I call, I am thanked for reminding them to look for the emails we are expecting. This is starting to go from some customer service to no customer service.

Hope I am allowed to say that on here!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #35
lchute1158
Mouseketeer

Have you even got the contract yet?

Disney Fantasy January 25, 2014 (45th birthday cruise!), Disney Wonder May 17, 2014 (Weekend Getaway), Disney Dream Feb 24, 2013
Hong Kong Disneyland 2011, WDW x4, DLR CA x100 plus (Annual Pass Holder)(frequent visitor since 1969)
DVC Owner - AUL, VGC, HHI

lchute1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #36
Fignewtons
Earning My Ears

Nope, just sitting here getting older.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #37
quinnc19
DIS Veteran

It took Fidelity several days to get back to me about offers and they were upfront with the fact that it would take several days more to even send the contracts to me. With TSS and First American Title: made an offer which was accepted on 3/19, sent to ROFR on 3/20, passed on 4/15, closing documents on 4/17, and closed on 4/26. I also impressed that I received the email that I closed on a Friday evening and that it happened so quickly given that the sellers were from the UK. Communication and customer service were top-notch from TSS. I will only look at Fidelty for contracts in the future if I can't find what I need elsewhere.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #38
DizBub
Totally Addicted

I think I must be the only person this has ever happened to.....very unusual.

When we first contacted Fidelity it was late Jan 2012 on a Saturday. Of course it was the "contact us" on the website. I knew they weren't open on weekends and was shocked when I recieved an e-mail in response that same day. We e-mailed back and forth a couple of times and she promised to hand me over to Rachel Monday.

Sharon contacted me on Monday and everything went great until the wheels came off because the sellers would not sign closing documents. Sharon was terrific and very patient throughout and helped us get another contract that went very smooth.

I don't know what's going on with them lately but just wanted to say that things haven't always been this way with Fidelity. Just that they appear to be very, very busy. If you aren't in a huge hurry (like everybody else these days) I'd wait a bit and let things settle down. Hopefully they can get back to at least the service they used to offer.
DizBub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #39
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

A few years ago their service was horrible, almost as if they didn't care. We bought one contract from them, paid the undisclosed $195 fee and could never get them on the phone or via email.

Reports on the DIS seemed to indicate that they had improved but now it seems like old times again.

The issue may be that you are dealing with workers at a big company who are just punching the clock. Self employed brokers have more at stake, tend to hustle and seem to enjoy what they do.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #40
JessLCH
DIS Veteran

I am the OP of this thread. I do appreciate all the input as I am a first timer to purchasing any type of timeshare. I have been dealing with Fidelity and have found the communication to be pretty much what you have described...I have to be the initiator. That said, Sharon has answered her phone every single time I have called her. in midst of negotiating a price with seller now. we shall see. I will say that I have tracked listings on various resale sites for some time. in my particular case Fidelity is the only place that had a listing for anything close to what I was looking for at a much better asking price than anywhere I have seen.

As an adult with the kids...
Wilderness Lodge Villas (2/07, 2/09, 12/13)
Grand Californian Villas (8/10)
Saratoga Springs Resort (11/11)
Disney Dream (2/12)
Royal Pacific Resort Universal ( 2/12)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential (11/12)
Disneyland Hotel (8/13)
Bay Lake Tower (10/13, 11/14)
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (1/14)
Aulani (8/14)
JessLCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #41
JessLCH
DIS Veteran

I am the OP of this thread. I do appreciate all the input as I am a first timer to purchasing any type of timeshare. I have been dealing with Fidelity and have found the communication to be pretty much what you have described...I have to be the initiator. That said, Sharon has answered her phone every single time I have called her. in midst of negotiating a price with seller now. we shall see. I will say that I have tracked listings on various resale sites for some time. in my particular case Fidelity is the only place that had a listing for anything close to what I was looking for at a much better asking price than anywhere I have seen.

there seems to be a lot of talk about Fidelity being especially busy now. Why is now an especially busy time in the DVC resale market?

Disney Dream (2/12)
Disneyland Hotel (8/13)
Aulani (8/14)
Old 04-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #42
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLCH View Post

there seems to be a lot of talk about Fidelity being especially busy now. Why is now an especially busy time in the DVC resale market?
There are probably other answers but I think this flurry of activity started with the webcast a couple of months ago where they highlighted the older/"classic" resorts. They even offered incentives to buy BWV direct.

Then they announced an across the board price hike for all the older resorts which started a rush to buy small contracts direct at the lower price before the price went up. Lots of people got on waiting lists. Disney started exercising ROFR to acquire these points.

Along with this came the rumors (so far this hasn't happened) of more restrictions on resale points. People want to get their resale contracts before they announce any such restrictions.
DizBub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #43
JessLCH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
There are probably other answers but I think this flurry of activity started with the webcast a couple of months ago where they highlighted the older/"classic" resorts. They even offered incentives to buy BWV direct.

Then they announced an across the board price hike for all the older resorts which started a rush to buy small contracts direct at the lower price before the price went up. Lots of people got on waiting lists. Disney started exercising ROFR to acquire these points.

Along with this came the rumors (so far this hasn't happened) of more restrictions on resale points. People want to get their resale contracts before they announce any such restrictions.
Thank you for that explanation. I had no idea about any of that.

Disney Dream (2/12)
Disneyland Hotel (8/13)
Aulani (8/14)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: