DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #16
imapoohbear12
Earning My Ears

I bouh 2 from Rachel at Fidelty. Went vey well
imapoohbear12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #17
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gncntry View Post
I am in the process of purchasing a contract through Fidelity now. I've also purchased through TSS. I am finding Fidelity to be incredibly slow and at times non-responsive. My understanding is that Fidelity has a direct line from Disney so they end up with contracts that are in arrears or bankruptcy. That might be why they have so many more listings.

It doesn't explain their slow responses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
I have only used Fidelity. We had some problems on the 1st contract we tried to buy but it was with the sellers. It wasn't Fidelity's fault.

I know they are very busy and had a key agent leave recently. They are not open on weekends and that seems to lead to delays, especially for people who are used to instant gratification (and most of us are these days ). I think they are seriously understaffed for the amount of business they seem to do.

They are dealing with people who are trying to spend very large sums of $ and feel that they need answers NOW.

I know it looks like I'm making excuses but I did have a very successful sale go through eventually with them eventually. There have been problems with all the other agencies too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInLINY View Post
I'm using Fidelity for my resale purchase. Just to give you an idea, here's my timeline so far:

Offer accepted 2/18
Contracts received 2/25
Sent to ROFR 2/27
Passed ROFR 3/19
Closing Documents received 4/19

As you can see, this is a lengthy process and even more so when using Fidelity lol

If you choose to use them, you will get a good deal but you must have incredible patience.
Here is a point that none of you are taking into account when bashing, this is a completely different time for DVC resales. I agree they could use some help but no one foresaw this rush to contracts coming.

I had a contract with them last May that took 7, weeks offer to points loaded and one that took 7 weeks and 2 days. Everyone is delayed right now. The Broker, the Title company and Dis themselves is taking 2-3 weeks to load contracts that used to be loaded in 5 days.

No one there on weekends is inexcusable though, they post new listings on Thursday night, if you make an offer on Friday there is a good chance you hear nothing until the following Monday or Tuesday, at best.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #18
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post
Here is a point that none of you are taking into account when bashing, this is a completely different time for DVC resales. I agree they could use some help but no one foresaw this rush to contracts coming.
Hey Mike, for the record I certainly was not bashing. I'm sorry if anyone thought I was.

Heck, I thought there would be flames for offering excuses.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #19
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapoohbear12 View Post
I bouh 2 from Rachel at Fidelty. Went vey well
Rachel was the key agent that left recently.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #20
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Mike, for the record I certainly was not bashing. I'm sorry if anyone thought I was.

Heck, I thought there would be flames for offering excuses.
Oh, I know, was going to respond to each quote individually then just made a blanket statement.

It must seem like I have a vested interest in Fidelity the way I defend them. It just irks me when people are dealing with their first contract ever, in this market and griping. Everyone is swamped
Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #21
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55

Oh, I know, was going to respond to each quote individually then just made a blanket statement.

It must seem like I have a vested interest in Fidelity the way I defend them. It just irks me when people are dealing with their first contract ever, in this market and griping. Everyone is swamped
That's ok.if they bash. More contracts for the rest of us!
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #22
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post

I had a contract with them last May that took 7, weeks offer to points loaded and one that took 7 weeks and 2 days. Everyone is delayed right now. The Broker, the Title company and Dis themselves is taking 2-3 weeks to load contracts that used to be loaded in 5 days.

No one there on weekends is inexcusable though, they post new listings on Thursday night, if you make an offer on Friday there is a good chance you hear nothing until the following Monday or Tuesday, at best.
Problem with this is I have TRIED to buy a few years ago - not a busy time and had issues and the biggest issue for me was LACK of communication and at the time I was dealing with Rachel. We had an offer accepted that after time we withdrew which probably was a "seller" issue BUT there was no communication to me which is unacceptable. I recently have been dealing with Sharon and she's been good but I am really confused as to why Disney refers all contracts to them when they are truly under staffed. On the other hand maybe that is the "plan by Disney" to use a mediocre resale company so people just find it easier to buy direct!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #23
UFlawgator
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
I agree that Fidelity seems to have more inventory. I have used them (along with other resellers) and was very pleased. Others have had problems. Did you do a search for "Fidelity" on this forum? There are lots of threads with this very question.
We purchased from Fidelity for this reason, too...more inventory. We found the contract we wanted at AKV at an acceptable price and the points and use year we wanted. We used Shawn Ray and she was very professional and did her job. She even stayed late one Friday evening to contact the sellers with our offer, and then us with their counteroffer. I did always follow up and stayed on top of things by calling her with questions and update requests. I also emailed her and she answered all of them, although calling her was faster. I would use Shawn Ray again, but would also not hesitate to use the other major DVC brokers. I think it just depends on who has the contract you want at any given time. I do wish Fidelity would eliminate that $195 fee to the buyers.
UFlawgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #24
theguda
Mouseketeer

It seems like Fidelity has the most inventory and most attractive asking prices for the contract....but their communication leaves a lot to be desired.

I submitted an offer 2 days ago and haven't heard anything. I've had to reach out to Fidelity myself to get an update....they haven't initiated any of it.

And their website is awful. Many of the listings on their website are actually sold. I bet they get tons of calls about listings that aren't even available anymore.
theguda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #25
Illini Al
Mouseketeer

I just finished up with them on a SSR contract. Very pleased. A couple of minor miscommunications, but all went smoothly. Timely communication to me, and every time I called my agent, she answered the phone live. Never had to leave a voicemail. Plus, all e-mails were answered quickly. Ideally, I would have preferred not to pay the extra $195, but they had the contract I wanted and their service was a 9 out of 10.
Illini Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #26
ptlohmysoul
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguda View Post
It seems like Fidelity has the most inventory and most attractive asking prices for the contract....but their communication leaves a lot to be desired.

I submitted an offer 2 days ago and haven't heard anything. I've had to reach out to Fidelity myself to get an update....they haven't initiated any of it.

And their website is awful. Many of the listings on their website are actually sold. I bet they get tons of calls about listings that aren't even available anymore.
Yes. How can you even tell what their inventory is when the website is outdated?
ptlohmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #27
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlohmysoul View Post
Yes. How can you even tell what their inventory is when the website is outdated?
They are supposed to update the website twice a week. Thursday and I can't remember the other day.

I think contracts must be flying out the door at a rate we've never seen before.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #28
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They are supposed to update the website twice a week. Thursday and I can't remember the other day.

I think contracts must be flying out the door at a rate we've never seen before.
Tuesday and Thursday are the days I was told by both agents yet I call on Tuesday about a contract an hour after listed it was sold yet it still on the website.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #29
PCMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228

Tuesday and Thursday are the days I was told by both agents yet I call on Tuesday about a contract an hour after listed it was sold yet it still on the website.
They take it down after the contracts are executed.
PCMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #30
tb1972
DIS Veteran

We've purchased two contracts - one with TSS and one with **********. I did bid on contracts through Fidelity but was too late making offers. I don't think their website inventory is updated much...old listings still there even though offers were accepted.

Anyhow, I communicated with Sharon at Fidelity when making offers & thought she was friendly and knowledgeable. She was honest about pricing & her opinion about same UY for add ons. I wouldn't hesitate to work with her although I don't anticipate buying a 3rd contract soon. Who knows though?!

tb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: