DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #1
JessLCH
DIS Veteran

Question Anyone use Fidelity to purchase resale? Pros? Cons?

From looking at the various resale brokers they seem to have the best inventory for what I am looking for. I am NOT a DVC member so am not that DVC savvy as many folks, though I have been doing my research.

Wilderness Lodge Villas (2/07, 2/09, 12/13)
Grand Californian Villas (8/10)
Saratoga Springs Resort (11/11)
Disney Dream (2/12)
Royal Pacific Resort Universal ( 2/12, 9/14)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential (11/12)
Disneyland Hotel (8/13)
Bay Lake Tower (10/13, 11/14)
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (1/14)
Aulani (8/14)
Grand Floridian Villas (1/15)
JessLCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

I agree that Fidelity seems to have more inventory. I have used them (along with other resellers) and was very pleased. Others have had problems. Did you do a search for "Fidelity" on this forum? There are lots of threads with this very question.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
gncntry
Mouseketeer

Meh....

I am in the process of purchasing a contract through Fidelity now. I've also purchased through TSS. I am finding Fidelity to be incredibly slow and at times non-responsive. My understanding is that Fidelity has a direct line from Disney so they end up with contracts that are in arrears or bankruptcy. That might be why they have so many more listings.

It doesn't explain their slow responses.

POR - 2007, BCV - 2010, SSR- 2011, BWV - 2012, BCV, SSR, BWV - 2013
gncntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

They do not work evenings or weekends and will not respond during those times. All the other brokers do. The also charge a $195 buyers fee that NO other brokers charge.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
DizBub
Totally Addicted

I have only used Fidelity. We had some problems on the 1st contract we tried to buy but it was with the sellers. It wasn't Fidelity's fault.

I know they are very busy and had a key agent leave recently. They are not open on weekends and that seems to lead to delays, especially for people who are used to instant gratification (and most of us are these days ). I think they are seriously understaffed for the amount of business they seem to do.

They are dealing with people who are trying to spend very large sums of $ and feel that they need answers NOW.

I know it looks like I'm making excuses but I did have a very successful sale go through eventually with them eventually. There have been problems with all the other agencies too.

Last edited by DizBub; 04-24-2013 at 08:07 AM.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

I originally purchased using the TSS - great experience.
Recently I saw a few listings on Fidelity so I tried to make offers. First I dealt with Shawn (Wrote about this on another thread). I couldn't get her to to follow up so the next time I saw a listing I called Sharon. Again, very nice on the phone, said she would get back to me - never did, I saw the listing removed from their website several days later.
Last weekend I saw a listing come up w/TSS and I called immediately. Once again, fantastic service from the TTS, paperwork emailed to me the same day - waiting on ROFR.
Personally, I think the TSS seems better staffed and more organized. It seems like the people at Fidelity might be overwhelmed during this busy period. (Having said that, I don't think it is an excuse. If you tell someone you will call them back - you should call them back, the potential buyer shouldn't have to find out it is not going to work out by seeing the listing removed from their website after waiting several days.)

Last edited by Splashboat; 04-24-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
DisneyFansInLINY
DIS Veteran

I'm using Fidelity for my resale purchase. Just to give you an idea, here's my timeline so far:

Offer accepted 2/18
Contracts received 2/25
Sent to ROFR 2/27
Passed ROFR 3/19
Closing Documents received 4/19

As you can see, this is a lengthy process and even more so when using Fidelity lol

If you choose to use them, you will get a good deal but you must have incredible patience.
DisneyFansInLINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #8
gopfans
Earning My Ears

We just used Fidelity to add on points. We had no problems at all and would happily use them again. Sharon was the person we worked with.

Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2010
Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon 2010
Disney World 1/2 Marathon 2011
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2011-Coast to Coast
Princess 1/2 Marathon 2012
**In Training** Disney World FULL Marathon 2013

Calling Animal Kingdom Villas Home since 2012
gopfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
JessLCH
DIS Veteran

Thanks, all. I am actually not in any rush.

Wilderness Lodge Villas (2/07, 2/09, 12/13)
Grand Californian Villas (8/10)
Saratoga Springs Resort (11/11)
Disney Dream (2/12)
Royal Pacific Resort Universal ( 2/12, 9/14)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential (11/12)
Disneyland Hotel (8/13)
Bay Lake Tower (10/13, 11/14)
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (1/14)
Aulani (8/14)
Grand Floridian Villas (1/15)
JessLCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #10
gncntry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
I have only used Fidelity. We had some problems on the 1st contract we tried to buy but it was with the sellers. It wasn't Fidelity's fault.

I know they are very busy and had a key agent leave recently. They are not open on weekends and that seems to lead to delays, especially for people who are used to instant gratification (and most of us are these days ). I think they are seriously understaffed for the amount of business they seem to do.

They are dealing with people who are trying to spend very large sums of $ and feel that they need answers NOW.

I know it looks like I'm making excuses but I did have a very successful sale go through eventually with them eventually. There have been problems with all the other agencies too.
I don't consider instant gratification to be days without a response. I had a contract where Disney exercised ROFR on 4/15 and I am still waiting on my deposit to be refunded. I had put it on a CC so it should be a couple days max to do a chargeback. I was told it could take 2 weeks!

On another contract that is currently undergoing the ROFR process, it took 4 days from the time the last signature was obtained until Fidelity sent it to Disney. That's too long.

POR - 2007, BCV - 2010, SSR- 2011, BWV - 2012, BCV, SSR, BWV - 2013
gncntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #11
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Currently selling/sold a contract through TSS and the broker I am working with is part time and was very slow on reviewing closing docs before sending to me but all came together but I was surprised since I have always got speedy service from TSS in the past. With that being said I found Fidelity not a problem to get in touch with actually I have spoken to the manager a few times when no one was available but they are slow in getting everything together. I am looking/trying to purchase BWV and Fidelity has had the better contracts at lower prices. I knew what to expect going in so I am okay with it. Good luck. btw if you do call Fidelity ask for Sharon she has been there longer and I feel she has more knowledge and got back to me quickly.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #12
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Used them once, no communication and had to pay an extra fee. Will not use again.

bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #13
twilightsparrow
Earning My Ears

Hello Everyone! Just joined the forum and wanted to chime in...we're in the middle of purchasing a resale through ********** and they have been very nice and responsive...we sent the offer to Disney for the ROFR process on 3/13 and the title company received our closing documents and funds yesterday (4/23). The closing should happen quickly and then it's sent off to Disney for transfer.
twilightsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #14
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gncntry View Post
I don't consider instant gratification to be days without a response. I had a contract where Disney exercised ROFR on 4/15 and I am still waiting on my deposit to be refunded. I had put it on a CC so it should be a couple days max to do a chargeback. I was told it could take 2 weeks!

On another contract that is currently undergoing the ROFR process, it took 4 days from the time the last signature was obtained until Fidelity sent it to Disney. That's too long.
The title company is the one that charges the deposit, so that is on the title company, not necessarily Fidelity.

OP, I purchased two contracts (one BWV and one BLT) through Fidelity last year, using Sharon both times. Everything went smoothly and relatively quickly. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #15
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by gncntry View Post

The refund of your deposit is on the title company. The people at Fidelity can only nudge them.

I agree, 4 days is too long. We had to wait for the sellers to get their papers signed and returned before they could be sent to Disney. You can sign and send yours back immediately and if the sellers don't, then there are delays.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: