Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

24 or 48 hr cancellation for sig/character meals???

OK so just went over my ADRs in the My Reservations section of my dining itinerary on the official Disney site and when I moused over the little "i" by the reservations requiring the credit card hold that will charge $10 pp for no-shows, a little bubble pops up and says "guests who cancel within 48 hrs of the reservation time or fail to show up will be charged $10 pp."...I thought it was 24 hrs (or the day before)??, did this just change?? 48hrs, wow, that's getting really picky?? ...can anyone confirm this?? I may think twice about keeping these (Le Cellier lunch and Cape May Breakfast).

ooppss, moderators feel free to move this to the reservations board (getting late-should be asleep;-)
Old 04-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Still "day before", which is a little less stringent than "24 hours", not to mention 48.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 12:36 AM   #3
jwfla422

hmm, do you think it's a glitch or possibly a new policy they just started today? There's another post about this on the restaurant reservation board...because I will cancel on of my ADRs if it is true.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:07 AM   #4
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

This might be a new policy as we have always been told midnight the day before the reservation. I think CRT has always been 48 hours earlier...?

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:57 AM   #5
Happy99
DIS Veteran

Fantastic packages are two days prior. Others that have a CC Gty are the day prior. Dining closes at 10pm not midnight I would trust the online system to be working or available and prefer to be able to cancel with a live person and write down their name in case of issues
Happy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:30 AM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

They changed the language on the website awhile back to say that each restaurant would have its own policy, so I'd pay attention to the policies you are given by the particular restaurants. I've heard it was 48 for Fantasmic packages but I have a Le Cellier reservation and it still says one day cancellation.

And to my knowledge there has not been any announcement that all reservations would change to 48 hour cancellation across the board.

The other problem is that the website is unreliable.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 04-25-2013 at 07:35 AM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
jwfla422

OK just got off the phone with dining reservations and she told me there have not been any changes at this time to the 24 hr (day before) cancellation for the sigs/character meals.

She went on to say the only reservation that is a 48 hr cancel is the Fantasmic dinner pkg. (she did say they could be setting the system up to change the policies in the future, but since there has been no change yet any ADRs made up until any new policy changes would be honored under the current cancel policy).

She said they are making updates on the internet dining system so of course (as many of us already know) this may cause some glitches.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: