Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #31
WDWChloe
WDW Annual Passholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniegirl19

The mine ride is 7 months ahead I'm not sure if anyone knows or not and they are for sure adding cars land but they haven't made the official announcement on it yet even though its already planned so maybe thats it? but i heard its specific to epcot
How are you certain that Carsland is coming "for sure" when it hasn't been officially announced? They haven't even released any hints to Carsland coming to WDW. If you have a reliable source, please provide it

IG: @chloelovesdisney
WDWChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #32
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
In the mean time maybe this picture will help
That is absolutely STUNNING!! Thank you for sharing it
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #33
minniegirl19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWChloe View Post
How are you certain that Carsland is coming "for sure" when it hasn't been officially announced? They haven't even released any hints to Carsland coming to WDW. If you have a reliable source, please provide it
My friend works at hollywood studios in backlot attractions they had a meeting over a month ago about what they were doing to the park this is when they announced getting rid of the parade and disney channel rocks which happened on april 6th but no new parade is set to come in for now. then they told them about the how they are moving the hat to the front of the park before you enter thats why they moved the entrance to the great movie ride off to the right of the theatre not the center anymore and finally they are adding cars land where the backlot tour and lights motor action is. they are supposed to announce it officially in the month and a half but personally i wish they were adding on to pixar place by doing a combination of cars monsters inc etc
1995 All Stars, 1997 All Stars, 1998 Polynesian ,1999 Port Orleans Riverside, 2000 All Stars, 2001 All Stars, 2002 Polynesian, 2003 All Stars/ Swan and Dolphin, 2004 All Stars, 2005 Polynesian, 2011 All Stars, 2012 Disney College Program, 2012 All Stars, 2013 Pop Century, Disneyland May 2013, August 2013 Art of Animation, August 2014 Wilderness Lodge
minniegirl19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #34
jennabcassell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn23 View Post
Really hope so. I love Soarin' but ready for a change of scenery.
Heard!!! THey need to do a Soarin' over Florida!!!

jennabcassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #35
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I see some folks hoping for a replacement film for Soarin. I'm not seeing that happening. The attraction is one of the most popular at Epcot (perhaps tied with Test Track, with Mission Space trailing behind) so WDW wouldn't have much reason to refresh it yet.

Last edited by OKW Lover; 04-24-2013 at 01:34 PM.
OKW Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #36
twebber55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniegirl19 View Post
My friend works at hollywood studios in backlot attractions they had a meeting over a month ago about what they were doing to the park this is when they announced getting rid of the parade and disney channel rocks which happened on april 6th but no new parade is set to come in for now. then they told them about the how they are moving the hat to the front of the park before you enter thats why they moved the entrance to the great movie ride off to the right of the theatre not the center anymore and finally they are adding cars land where the backlot tour and lights motor action is. they are supposed to announce it officially in the month and a half but personally i wish they were adding on to pixar place by doing a combination of cars monsters inc etc
i hope your friend is right
June 2010 BWV
June 2011 VB
June 2011 BC
June 2012 BC
June 2012 THV
June 2014 BC
twebber55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #37
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

I wish it would be something big, but like others have said it's probably nothing.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #38
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennabcassell View Post
Sure, 7 minutes of looking at swampland. FUN!

I wish they would re-do the print of the film so it didn't look so crappy - but that wouldn't be considered a "major announcement".

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #39
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennabcassell

There was talk a long time ago that Soarin' was going to be made relevant to Florida. I don't know what happened to that idea.

Last edited by gometros; 04-24-2013 at 12:24 PM.
gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #40
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The mine ride is 7 months ahead I'm not sure if anyone knows or not and they are for sure adding cars land but they haven't made the official announcement on it yet even though its already planned so maybe thats it? but i heard its specific to epcot
The mine ride has always been planned to open in the first quarter of 2014, so 7 months ahead would put it opening in September. Looking at the current progress I have my doubts about that.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #41
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
The mine ride has always been planned to open in the first quarter of 2014, so 7 months ahead would put it opening in September. Looking at the current progress I have my doubts about that.
Agree. It's also a relatively new type of ride system for Disney: combo coaster / dark ride with swinging vehicles. The test & adjust phase will take longer than is often the case with more tried-and-true systems.

Once physical construction is complete, it could be weeks or months before the attraction is ready for 16-hour operational days.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #42
Denmage
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
For aesthetics, I think Russia would be the best. Red Square, a Siberian Express coaster/ride, good vodka... not sure the restaurant would be a popular option, though... not much good Russian cuisine I don't think.

I don't think the current political climate lends itself to the project though.

Actually, there is some fantastic Russian cuisine. We dined in Moscow and Ufa when we adopted our daughter. The food at our old communist hotel on Arbat Street was comparable to that of a 4 star hotel. The deserts were tremendous.

There are also season foods and events that would also be a hit, like the breads at Easter and the tradition of giving someone a Red Easter Egg.

There is a lot more to Russian than it's reputation as the "Evil Empire". It would be an incredible addition to the World Showcase.

But, alas, I am just dreaming....
Old 04-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #43
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I heard from friends who are cast members that epcot has an announcement thursday... anyone else hear this? and what do you think it could be? finally doing something with the image pavillion?
nope....NEXT!!!
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #44
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flea1267 View Post
maybe Soarin' finally getting refurbed?
jeez...soarin is only 7 years old...thats not even enough time for all the paint to have been chipped off yet.

On the list of WDW priorities...i would say a soarin' refurb to be approximately # 867 on the list.

They did kick around an idea to actually build on to Soarin' to increase capacity a few years ago - "alledgedly"...

that would make some sense....as the long line at soarin is kinda counterproductive to the apparent goals of the Nextgen project...it would seem
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #45
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
For aesthetics, I think Russia would be the best. Red Square, a Siberian Express coaster/ride, good vodka... not sure the restaurant would be a popular option, though... not much good Russian cuisine I don't think.

I don't think the current political climate lends itself to the project though.

I would love to see Russia as a pavillion. Borscht and vodka...what more could someone want???

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: