Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Running at Coronado

I'm headed to WDW this week (my kids have a late Spring Break which is good for us and crowds!). I'd like to get in a short run Saturday morning before we hit the parks. I understand there is a running trail there at Coronado Springs. Has anyone ever run it and is it nice?
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Surprised no one here has run it before!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

I have! It's very nice, very pretty. Also very short. Looking at the map from my run, I went around the loop about one and a half times and logged 1.65 miles. It's just a loop that goes around the lake in the middle of the resort. Much of it is in full sun, so it could be hot - I ran after sunset and it was lovely!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I have! It's very nice, very pretty. Also very short. Looking at the map from my run, I went around the loop about one and a half times and logged 1.65 miles. It's just a loop that goes around the lake in the middle of the resort. Much of it is in full sun, so it could be hot - I ran after sunset and it was lovely!
Thank you! I know it's short, but I was only looking to do 3-4 miles and since I've never run it before, I wouldn't mind 4 loops or more. From my understanding it's a 3/4 mile loop. I just want to get in a few miles. I've done shorter runs the past 2 weeks trying to recoup from all the half marathons I've done recently (3 in 7 weeks), so this type of run would be perfect for me.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
PrincessV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragitoff View Post
Thank you! I know it's short, but I was only looking to do 3-4 miles and since I've never run it before, I wouldn't mind 4 loops or more. From my understanding it's a 3/4 mile loop. I just want to get in a few miles. I've done shorter runs the past 2 weeks trying to recoup from all the half marathons I've done recently (3 in 7 weeks), so this type of run would be perfect for me.
3/4 sounds about right - and for sure, I could happily loop it a few times to pull off 3 or 4 miles. It was very nice in the evening, but I'd bet pretty spectacular at sunrise, too!

FYI, there's gelato - really, really GOOD gelato - at the quick serve place in the main building. In case your run "happens" to end around that point.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 04-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
3/4 sounds about right - and for sure, I could happily loop it a few times to pull off 3 or 4 miles. It was very nice in the evening, but I'd bet pretty spectacular at sunrise, too!

FYI, there's gelato - really, really GOOD gelato - at the quick serve place in the main building. In case your run "happens" to end around that point.
Thanks for the heads up! I had heard that before from the folks at the Coronado thread!
Old 04-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
FireDancer
DIS Veteran

Here is a map with the trails and distances. I've never run at Coronado but I've stayed there and it would be a very scenic run. If you will have a car I'd highly recommend heading over to the Boardwalk area one morning and doing an early run. It is the best run on property in my opinion and between the path around Crescent Lake, the path to DHS, and the path on the Swan/Dolphin side of the canal you can make it into just about any length run you'd like.
FireDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDancer View Post
Here is a map with the trails and distances. I've never run at Coronado but I've stayed there and it would be a very scenic run. If you will have a car I'd highly recommend heading over to the Boardwalk area one morning and doing an early run. It is the best run on property in my opinion and between the path around Crescent Lake, the path to DHS, and the path on the Swan/Dolphin side of the canal you can make it into just about any length run you'd like.
I have stayed at the Dolphin and run that area before, but I just want to get a quick morning run pre-park Saturday. I am definitely happy with that 1 mile or even the 3/4 mile route. I've never stayed at Coronado so it'll be a good way to see some of the resort area.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #9
Bookwood
DIS Veteran

I like early morning runs there too- keep your eyes out for wild life! I saw a snake on one of my runs (right on the sidewalk.)

Pam and DH Mike Wondering our way to Hawaii 10/14/2012

Pam and DH Mike (Retiring) through the Canal again 05/2015
Bookwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #10
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookwood View Post
I like early morning runs there too- keep your eyes out for wild life! I saw a snake on one of my runs (right on the sidewalk.)
Will do! I live in the country and have to be alert for that EVERY run!
Old 04-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #11
Disneyland_emily
I soo need to get that
I *knew* there was a reason I still had faith in people
I can't sleep unless I say goodnight to Drew

I havent run Coronado yet (slowly working my way though the resorts) but to get more than the 'stated' path run I just start lopping though and around the buildings (Ive run the All Star resorts "Half Marathon" and the Pop/Animation/Caribbean "20 miler"- looking at my runkeeper grid looks like I was drunk )

Ive never had an issue with running into guests and rarely have to dodge housekeeping (who are usually great on cheering you on)

I prefer running longer runs though the resorts (I'm local) because there is plenty of restrooms/water/people in case of emergency

-em
Old 04-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #12
PrincessV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_emily View Post
I havent run Coronado yet (slowly working my way though the resorts) but to get more than the 'stated' path run I just start lopping though and around the buildings (Ive run the All Star resorts "Half Marathon" and the Pop/Animation/Caribbean "20 miler"- looking at my runkeeper grid looks like I was drunk )
I do this, too, and for sure - that's a scary-looking map at the end! I'll be cobbling together 6ish miles at POR this summer... I can only imagine what THAT'll look like.

I run Disney!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #13
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_emily View Post

Ive never had an issue with running into guests and rarely have to dodge housekeeping (who are usually great on cheering you on)

I prefer running longer runs though the resorts (I'm local) because there is plenty of restrooms/water/people in case of emergency

-em
hmmm..I've never thought of doing this--I usually just run up and down my road (right behind MK--boring!) But this could be fun, especially when I get to 20 miles! Do you mind sharing your exact routes?
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #14
DisneyRunnerGirl
If you see me sitting in a rocking chair, it's because I'm tying my running shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post

hmmm..I've never thought of doing this--I usually just run up and down my road (right behind MK--boring!) But this could be fun, especially when I get to 20 miles! Do you mind sharing your exact routes?
My DS lives back there too! It is kind of dull with the straight line up and back, but I tell myself the scenery is different than Ohio! LOL

I used to run from one end of POR to opposite end of POFQ. Really liked winding around POR and then running along river path. Most I ever did there was a 10 miler by repeating the loops.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 04-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #15
Disneyland_emily
I soo need to get that
I *knew* there was a reason I still had faith in people
I can't sleep unless I say goodnight to Drew

Lets see if this works..

That was one of my All Star Runs.. The milage was a tad off cause it was super cloudy.. I start at Sports and run around each building then do the same for Music and Movies..

My Runkeeper kept shutting off this day so its in pieces but that was Pop/Art/Caribbean

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: