Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #61
Squirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
What is the logic there?
I see none. If I order fries there darn well better be catsup in the bag, and there always is.
Squirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #62
RitaE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
What is the logic there?
The logic is fast food employees are given a pretty strict script to follow and if she offers Ketchup when the powers that be have declared Ketchup to only be given when the customer initiates the request ... she'll get in trouble.

Fast Food employment is not for the free thinking. When I was in college I got in trouble after noticing my shoe was untied and stepping back into a storage area to quickly tie the lace. Uniform adjustments could only take place in the employee break area or restrooms.

I do NOT miss those jobs.
RitaE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #63
superme80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDumbo View Post
It really freaks em out when they scream and berate you and you follow up with " hey aren't you the one with the red mailbox? "
Thankfully most of the ones who yelled at me were on the other side of the country. I did have a former customer of Blockbuster call in an order. I got her name, address and was like "wait a minute. I know you!" I think I freaked her out a bit.
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 9 months old
superme80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #64
Maridw
DisneyMom to Disneylover0105
Love to Dance
Tinkerbell Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
First of all, I think the OP is probably an AWESOME drive-thru operator. I love using the drive-thru because I know exactly what I want to order and I've seen a LOT of horrible employees working the drive-thru and only a small handful of really skilled workers. I loooooove it when I get a great employee and always comment on how awesome they are at working the drive-thru! I'm sure it can actually be a pretty stressful position keeping up with the orders coming through your headset while taking payment from another customer and talking at the same time. I'm sure it takes a lot of practice and patience.

Now, I totally agree with all of the scenarios mentioned in earlier posts. All of these things drive me nuts (except for the screaming kids in the car...not much can be done about that). I hate it when people order something, say a cheeseburger....no pickles, only mustard, no ketchup, extra onions, etc. Seriously, if you need to order something that customized, either make your own food or go inside to order. I grew up with the understanding that you order what is on the menu -- no customizations (that includes table service restaurants) unless there is an allergy. I'm not sure when it became so common to get a custom order for everything...just order what is offered and be done with it. If you don't like what is offered, don't order. Is it a sense of entitlement or what?

I don't mind if people take a minute to look over the menu, but if you have no idea what you are going to order you really should not be holding up the line for 2,3,4 minutes. If I don't know what I want to eat, I will go inside to view the menu.

I'm sure the drive-thru employees put up with a LOT from the customers. I can't imagine doing that job without pulling my hair out. lol
Sorry, but I don't agree with the bolded part. I am a picky eater and I prefer my burger plain. On dance days we usually go through McDonald's. We can place our order faster than most people in the drive thru. We ALWAYS know what we want and it has never taken longer to get our order, complete with a plain burger, than anyone else in line. For each item we want, I make sure I tell them all the things we want for it - #10 medium with a Dr. Pepper and bar-b-q sauce, etc.

Recently every time we go through the drive thru, we get stuck behind someone who doesn't know what they want. 5 minutes after getting to the order area, they finally order. These types SHOULD go inside.

Our local McDonald's has a pre-recorded announcement that states "to order when you are ready" at the end. This is nice because they let you know right off to order when you are ready. They also let you know what specials or what they are kind of "pushing"

The thing I hate is when I order an ice cream cone and there are 3 cars in front of me. I get to the window to see someone holding a dripping, melting cone. Really?!?!? Then to top it off, they forget to give me napkins. At least have the courtesy to wait until you see me getting close to the pickup window.
DL yearly 1969-78, Dec 99, Jul 04, Sept 06, Apr 07 FW 1972 SoG Nov 95, Jun 97, Jul 99, Nov 01 AS Sports Resort - Nov 2000; Apr & Nov 02; Mar & May 03; May & Oct 04, Apr 06 Coronado Springs Resort - Nov 03 Pop Century Mar/Apr, May, & Nov 05, Jan 06, Dec 11, Dec 12 Celebration World Resort Nov/Dec 09

It's A Girl - Natalie Grace! 4 years old now! Our dancing baby!

Maridw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #65
design_mom
I am probably more like my dad than I care to admit
I hate touching raw meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirlz View Post
I see none. If I order fries there darn well better be catsup in the bag, and there always is.
We never get ketchup unless we request it... Which I always forget to do. (Sigh.)

A funny drive thru story: My husband ordered an ice tea. He asked the drive-TRU worker if the tea was sweetened and was told it wasn't. He said, "Oh. Would you mind throwing a couple of sugar packets in for me then?" The guy said, "Uh, I guess so..."

My husband pulled up to the window thinking "gee, how hard is it to throw a couple packets into the bag?" only to see the kid at the window stirring sugar into his tea. Apparently he though DH was asking him to actually put the sugar into the tea!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #66
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post
Sounds like perhaps you do not belong on the other side of the drive thru window

Only 2 orders per vehicle? Really?
I just read the OP's post and this was my reaction too! I will now read the rest.

I still think the OP's you don't belong list is mostly ridiculous. Maybe get a different job where you don't have to deal with the general public. After all, it's just the drive-through.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #67
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!

Oh, my, gosh. Don't get me started on drive this especially the 2 lanes at McDonalds, people are so rude, and have absolutely zero concept of taking turns.
Minerva Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #68
topolino
I don't mean those kind of gestures!
Not everything we eat needs to be healthy. Live a little!

I dislike the drive-thru, and rarely use it. Oftentimes I'll go to Tim Hortons or McDonalds and see seven or eight cars waiting at the drive-thru, then when I walk in there is nobody in line.

Why don't people just get out of their cars and go in? It seems like laziness to me.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #69
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topolino View Post
I dislike the drive-thru, and rarely use it. Oftentimes I'll go to Tim Hortons or McDonalds and see seven or eight cars waiting at the drive-thru, then when I walk in there is nobody in line.

Why don't people just get out of their cars and go in? It seems like laziness to me.
Unless you have a car filled with kids and dogs.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #70
topolino
I don't mean those kind of gestures!
Not everything we eat needs to be healthy. Live a little!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
Unless you have a car filled with kids and dogs.
You're right, and that is the exception. Most of the people in the cars that I see lined up though are alone and probably on their way to work.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #71
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topolino View Post
You're right, and that is the exception. Most of the people in the cars that I see lined up though are alone and probably on their way to work.
Agreed! All alone and with a line - jump out (if able) and get some exercise. After all you are getting fast food!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #72
Maridw
DisneyMom to Disneylover0105
Love to Dance
Tinkerbell Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva Mouse View Post
Oh, my, gosh. Don't get me started on drive this especially the 2 lanes at McDonalds, people are so rude, and have absolutely zero concept of taking turns.
Yep this concept is really bad in Panama City. People here couldn't handle a small roundabout, now we have two. Two lanes merging into one, yeah right. Add ordering food into the mix. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Went to one of these recently and the person who ordered after me tried to pull up in front of me.

Getting out and going in with a tired 2 1/2 year old is not easier.
DL yearly 1969-78, Dec 99, Jul 04, Sept 06, Apr 07 FW 1972 SoG Nov 95, Jun 97, Jul 99, Nov 01 AS Sports Resort - Nov 2000; Apr & Nov 02; Mar & May 03; May & Oct 04, Apr 06 Coronado Springs Resort - Nov 03 Pop Century Mar/Apr, May, & Nov 05, Jan 06, Dec 11, Dec 12 Celebration World Resort Nov/Dec 09

It's A Girl - Natalie Grace! 4 years old now! Our dancing baby!

Maridw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #73
LiveYourLife
I am the one who knocks...

Does anyone remember Joe Pesci's "Leo Getz" character in Lethal Weapon 2? He has a whole scene in that movie about drive-thru's. That kind of sums it up for me and how I feel about them.

The only drive-thru that I frequent, is Starbucks. I know that in the mornings it's going to be busy, and I plan accordingly knowing I'll have to wait.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #74
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveYourLife View Post
Does anyone remember Joe Pesci's "Leo Getz" character in Lethal Weapon 2? He has a whole scene in that movie about drive-thru's. That kind of sums it up for me and how I feel about them.

The only drive-thru that I frequent, is Starbucks. I know that in the mornings it's going to be busy, and I plan accordingly knowing I'll have to wait.
hahaha! Don't EVER go to the drive-through. ya know why? okay okay okay, I'm not eating the tuna! Ah that was classic - thanks for the laugh. I would post a link but the F-bomb is dropped a lot.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:41 AM   #75
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirlz View Post
Now see I dont want that kethcup bc it is at the bottom of the bag and it is warm...bleh. I always throw it out. I use my own from home that is room temp. I wish they would not put kethcup in my bag and waste it.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: