Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #16
JosieCat
Mouseketeer

I am very good at my job, hence this thread venting here.

I have had people come in to verbally abuse me for a completely different store messing up their order, I have people get angry with me for only being able to go by what they say rather than knowing what they mean (again, I can only go by the words that actually come out of your mouth, I cannot hear the ones rattling around inside your head).

If you're unsure of what comes on something or what you want, I can help you. I like helping someone to get what they want. But when you're deliberately obtuse AND rude about it, you're gonna get the bare minimum of courtesy.

Also, do not scream obscenities at me (or the kids I work with) because we suggested another food item for your order. They ask us to suggestive sell, and we are doing our job when we do that. You can say "no" without hurting our feelings.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #17
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
I got stuck in the drive-through before behind a guy order 3 dozen donuts - all cut in half plus 3 boxes of coffee. After asking them to go through the long list of coffee type and asking about how each one is he just ended up getting plain coffee All I got was a muffin

But I still do agree that maybe OP doesn't belong in their job
This guy should have gone inside.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #18
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001 View Post
This guy should have gone inside.
He was crazy - it was pretty funny tho. lol I should've known better not to stop at a DD in the morning
TifffanyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #19
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

My mother-in-law hates when she has to take FIL's truck through the drive thru - its a diesel and she has to shut it off to place the order because of the noise
Old 04-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #20
FlyingDumbo
DIS Veteran

Where I come from the drive through is also supposed to be quick. People who order complicated things or large orders should go inside. I did have a broken window in my younger years so I am guilty of that one
FlyingDumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #21
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001 View Post
Can I get an Amen?! I come from New England where drive thru is supposed to be fast an efficient. Now I live in the south where people think the drive thru is gthe best place to order 25 special order happy meals and everyone around them should just wait. (there was a thread about this before). Where I come from, big orders have to go inside (and there is a sign that says so) and the line moves quickly. Down here its so slow it makes you want to pull your hair out.

There is DEFINITELY a regional difference in drive thru etiquette.
You can say that again..from MA to MD, there is a HUGE difference in the etiquette!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #22
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But I still do agree that maybe OP doesn't belong in their job
Why? Just because they complained? No one is allowed to complain about their job?
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #23
Topper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post

Only 2 orders per vehicle? Really?

Really. A car full of college students come thru the drive-thru. They all want to pay for their own orders. They should all go inside. One person ordering for a family is considered one order.

Maybe you should reconsider that rolling smiley face.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #24
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Googling Drive Thru Ettiquette shows that it pretty much isn't regional. Whether people follow it or not is what is regional.
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #25
Ponygirl
Mouseketeer

My favorite was the carload of maroons in front of us who thought it was cute to let their dog bark out the order. After much chaos, they finally pulled forward to get their order and the dog lunged out the car window trying to bite the kid working the register and handing out the orders.
Ponygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #26
INDISMOM
Mouseketeer

If you are going to pay in COINS for a $10+ order and expect the cashier to count it out for you -- you don't belong in the drive thru!

The car in front of me did this a few weeks ago. He handed the cashier a handful of change, the cashier counted it, needed more, another handful of change, counted, needed more, another handful, finally had enough, and then the cashier had to hand him back the extra coins. It was ridiculous. This was during the lunch rush as well! CRAZY!

INDISMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #27
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Well I as customer would prefer you not hang my food out window for 5 min before I get to window in 15 degree temps. I'd also prefer you give me 5 sec to put drink down before you throw for bag into my car. and a few secs to put money down would be great also. And for Taco bell on US 23 do you think you could get order correct just once? I mean how hard is it to put pepsi in cup as I ordered vs the diet pepsi I always seem to get. And I'd like my sour cream I paid for please.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #28
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I got stuck in the drive-through before behind a guy order 3 dozen donuts - all cut in half plus 3 boxes of coffee. After asking them to go through the long list of coffee type and asking about how each one is he just ended up getting plain coffee All I got was a muffin
I worked at Starbucks and had someone come through the drive through and order 5 boxes of coffee at 7:30 in the morning with 15 cars behind him. It took everything in my not to burst out laughing. I mean I get that selling coffee is what we do, but its not like we have a faucet that just provides us an unlimited supply of coffee. It needs to be made and we can only make it so fast. Needless to say, he was asked to come in and told it would be a short wait if he still wanted it all.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #29
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

I also had more waiting down at Burger KIngs than I care to think about. My now Dh was riding in backseat of mom's car when she stopped at BK to get my brother dinner. We waited so long my now Dh was cracking jokes about wife being in labor, going to give birth in car but needed whopper first. I told him to shut the heck up, my mom was laughing so hard she peed her pants and we still didn't get waited on, it was early in eve and the BK's ALWAYS seemed extra slow up in that area, plus 98% of time English was not first language and order takers were hard to understand.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #30
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topper View Post
Really. A car full of college students come thru the drive-thru. They all want to pay for their own orders. They should all go inside. One person ordering for a family is considered one order.

Maybe you should reconsider that rolling smiley face.
Sorry, there was a long thread on here not too long ago (when I was still lurking) that went on for pages and pages with people insisting that a car could not order for more than 2 people (one payment) at a time. That if a family wanted to order, they always had to go inside.

And no, I won't reconsider my smilie face. Most of her suggestions are flat out ridiculous. Do not open the door? It does not take any longer to open a door than it does to roll down a window. My fuse blew out a few weeks ago right before I ordered. I opened my door. It did not impact the time of service at all.

Turning off a car that is loud also does not impact service time. It takes less than 10 seconds to restart it and move forward.

Asking parents that have young children to stay home and order pizza, downright crazy. That is what the drive thru is for, the convenience of not having to get out of the car.

I stand by my opinion that the OP does not belong in her job is these very minor things irritate her.

Even a group of college kids each paying separately is no different than them in their separate cars paying separately. It is still part of the line. It is just that they are in the same vehicle.

Now, the multiple special orders, that I can agree with.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: