Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #136
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevschickee View Post
This is dripping with hostility
Hostility? Where am I being hostile? I am making fun of a thread and some funny things there were posted on it along with some frustrations that I have noticed as a customer going through a drive thru. How is that hostile? Maybe it's the tone that you are reading it in that it making it sound hostile?

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #137
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidict

Hostility? Where am I being hostile? I am making fun of a thread and some funny things there were posted on it along with some frustrations that I have noticed as a customer going through a drive thru. How is that hostile? Maybe it's the tone that you are reading it in that it making it sound hostile?
Maybe the last comment about a warm body. I read hostility through out your post.

Danica 5 DH 32

http://
kevschickee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #138
Heidict
I'm not witty enough for a tag... but you can count on me to save all the good deleted posts!

Quote:
Maybe the last comment about a warm body. I read hostility through out your post.
Well, I can assure you that it was not written with hostility as the intend. Trust me, I work with the public everyday, so I understand and sympathize that it can be a frustrating and thankless job.

I noticed that you have a DD named Danica. How did you come up with that name? That is our 5 months old name, named after my sister who pasted a few years ago. You never see that name.

Heidict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #139
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidict View Post
Well, I can assure you that it was not written with hostility as the intend. Trust me, I work with the public everyday, so I understand and sympathize that it can be a frustrating and thankless job.

I noticed that you have a DD named Danica. How did you come up with that name? That is our 5 months old name, named after my sister who pasted a few years ago. You never see that name.
I love that name!!! My hubby like Nascar and I wanted a name that isn't that popular so I thought of Danica Patrick. I am so sorry about your sister.

Danica 5 DH 32

http://
kevschickee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #140
tinatark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieCat View Post
LOL. Yeah maybe.

But there still are some very basic drive thru "rules" that are no longer recognized.

Turn OFF your radio.

Roll down your window.

The driver and ONLY the drive orders.

Do not be on your cell phone when ordering.

Other than that, the rest were all humor and you'd be surprised at how many people do not seem to know those basic ....rules.

We have two bacon chicken sandwiches, available with grilled chicken, Do you want the BLT or the CLUB? You're already confusing folks by ordering your own thing and not something on the actual menu. (I would guess you want the BLT, grilled, bacon only - and would suggest if you order it this way, your chances of getting it right will likely increase.)

The employees at Chick Fil A have trained me well... Grilled chicken club, add provolone, no lettuce or tomato. Means grilled chicken with bacon, provolone and pickles.
tinatark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #141
Maridw
DisneyMom to Disneylover0105
Love to Dance
Tinkerbell Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieCat View Post
LOL. Yeah maybe.

But there still are some very basic drive thru "rules" that are no longer recognized.

Turn OFF your radio.

Roll down your window.

The driver and ONLY the drive orders.

Do not be on your cell phone when ordering.

Other than that, the rest were all humor and you'd be surprised at how many people do not seem to know those basic ....rules.
I would add:
Turn off your windshield wipers at the windows.

We have one McDonald's that has that request near the first window. I think this is a great and considerate idea. Who wants to be splashed by the water from the wipers.

OP I love your "rules". I see the tongue in cheek behind it. As I have said before, I have seen great employees and not so great employees. I have also seen not so great customers too. The employees who handled some of these customers went beyond their job description. Even when I have received an incorrect order, I always try to be polite. Sometimes its not the person who took the orders fault, but the person that made it that maybe didn't pay attention to the complete order. Or it was a simple mistake.

One of the McDonald's I used to frequent had a fantastic employee. She got to know what I ordered and always made sure that my order came out correctly. She also always had a smile whenever I saw her. The last time I saw her she was working at a different FF place but remembered me when she saw me.
DL yearly 1969-78, Dec 99, Jul 04, Sept 06, Apr 07 FW 1972 SoG Nov 95, Jun 97, Jul 99, Nov 01 AS Sports Resort - Nov 2000; Apr & Nov 02; Mar & May 03; May & Oct 04, Apr 06 Coronado Springs Resort - Nov 03 Pop Century Mar/Apr, May, & Nov 05, Jan 06, Dec 11, Dec 12 Celebration World Resort Nov/Dec 09

It's A Girl - Natalie Grace! 4 years old now! Our dancing baby!

Maridw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #142
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

Good one about the wipers, I never even thought of that!

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #143
Sgt Mickey
I will always remember where I was that day
I am defiantly going to attempt as many as I can
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

I like turtles.
Sgt Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #144
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Mickey View Post
I like turtles.
Me too

....and Tosh.O
Old 04-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #145
DarthKTrava
Carolina Panthers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire14 View Post
Well I as customer would prefer you not hang my food out window for 5 min before I get to window in 15 degree temps. I'd also prefer you give me 5 sec to put drink down before you throw for bag into my car. and a few secs to put money down would be great also. And for Taco bell on US 23 do you think you could get order correct just once? I mean how hard is it to put pepsi in cup as I ordered vs the diet pepsi I always seem to get. And I'd like my sour cream I paid for please.
Taco Bell drive thru is really bad at not putting the spork in my order. When I order a nacho bellgrande, it NEEDS a spork!

And most drive thrus are judged on speediness of service. It's "get 'em in, get 'em out fast!" mentality. IMO, I'd rather take a bit more time to ensure the customer's order is CORRECT and they get what they ordered, not just a random bag that's there, whether or not it's theirs or not.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #146
DarthKTrava
Carolina Panthers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombrontrent View Post
Off topic but...you don't keep your ketchup in the fridge. I've always kept mine in the fridge, in fact it says on the label "refrigerate after opening" (I just checked).
I never do. I hate cold ketchup on my fries. And I don't think it goes bad at room temp.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #147
DarthKTrava
Carolina Panthers Fan

Quote:
Lol yup. I can order a med regular and get a large black.
McDonalds seems to not put the right amount of creamer/sweetener in my coffee. They press the buttons the right amount of times but methinks it doesn't dispense enough.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #148
Sgt Mickey
I will always remember where I was that day
I am defiantly going to attempt as many as I can
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan32WI View Post
Me too

....and Tosh.O
yesI liked when the kids dressed up as a turtle and said I like zombies
Sgt Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #149
leebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
see, here is an example of the lack of attention to detail in the fast food business. This was my first mention of ketchup. i just found it funny that you were so anal to the other poster about NOT offering at your establishment that I had to mention it. Tongue in cheek of course.
But you always ask me what kind of sauce I want with my nuggets... and I don't use sauce on my nuggets! Ketchup with fries is pretty common/standard, but you don't put it in the bag or even ask? I fail to see the logic in asking about sauce for nuggets but not asking or even including ketchup with fries.

FWIW I use the drive through a LOT and almost always am satisfied. The order is almost always correct, and my biggest complaint is no straws/napkins in the bag. The most challenging part for me is the ordering, especially during the summer in our tourist towns, as some of the summer help don't really speak English.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #150
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post
But you always ask me what kind of sauce I want with my nuggets... and I don't use sauce on my nuggets! Ketchup with fries is pretty common/standard, but you don't put it in the bag or even ask? I fail to see the logic in asking about sauce for nuggets but not asking or even including ketchup with fries.

FWIW I use the drive through a LOT and almost always am satisfied. The order is almost always correct, and my biggest complaint is no straws/napkins in the bag. The most challenging part for me is the ordering, especially during the summer in our tourist towns, as some of the summer help don't really speak English.
Speaking of the bolded... some of our fast food places have signs saying something to the effect of "extra sauce is available for 15 cents each". So why don't I get a 15 cent discount for every time I say I don't want ANY sauce?
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: