Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
alylyn80
Earning My Ears
 
alylyn80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Swampscott
Posts: 11

Possible dates of Free Dining IF offered in November.

Hello

Newbee to the forum. I was hoping some of you may have a ballpark of what the dates would most likely be if free dining is offered into November, with Thanksgiving being a bit early this year...

Thank you in advance!
alylyn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,971

Quote:
Originally Posted by alylyn80 View Post
Hello

Newbee to the forum. I was hoping some of you may have a ballpark of what the dates would most likely be if free dining is offered into November, with Thanksgiving being a bit early this year...

Thank you in advance!
Actually Thanksgiving is later this year - Nov 28.

I wouldn't count on Free Dining in November. They did not have it late winter/spring this year, except for bouncebacks from last year. They Did the Room/Stay/Dine promo instead. The first part of the month is pretty busy with Food & Wine, Jersey Week, Half Marathon, Veterans Day weekend.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
alylyn80
Earning My Ears
 
alylyn80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Swampscott
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Actually Thanksgiving is later this year - Nov 28.

I wouldn't count on Free Dining in November. They did not have it late winter/spring this year, except for bouncebacks from last year. They Did the Room/Stay/Dine promo instead. The first part of the month is pretty busy with Food & Wine, Jersey Week, Half Marathon, Veterans Day weekend.
Thanks for that info...that's what I mean, later haha. I actually went in December of last year with Free Dining and they did have it in November of 2012 as well..I have actually gone the last 5 years and 4 of them have been free dining, I just couldn't pin point the dates from previous years...since Thanksgiving is later, I am hoping the week before will be available if they extend free dining again this year.

Thanks again.
__________________
Alysha 33 - 8 Disney Trips
Lily 10 - 7 Disney Trips
Lucas 6 - 3 Disney Trips


alylyn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #4
livndisney
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,058

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Actually Thanksgiving is later this year - Nov 28.

I wouldn't count on Free Dining in November. They did not have it late winter/spring this year, except for bouncebacks from last year. They Did the Room/Stay/Dine promo instead. The first part of the month is pretty busy with Food & Wine, Jersey Week, Half Marathon, Veterans Day weekend.
We had free dining last year (2012) that started the day after Thanksgiving. It was not a bounceback offer- it was for the general public.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by alylyn80 View Post

Thanks for that info...that's what I mean, later haha. I actually went in December of last year with Free Dining and they did have it in November of 2012 as well..I have actually gone the last 5 years and 4 of them have been free dining, I just couldn't pin point the dates from previous years...since Thanksgiving is later, I am hoping the week before will be available if they extend free dining again this year.

Thanks again.
Chances for Free Dining in November are still pretty high. There's usually some free dining dates that start the Friday or Saturday after thanksgiving each year. Im on my phone right now, so not looking at my calendar info at home, but FD dates will probably be Saturday after Thanksgiving through about December 6 or 7, then black out for Pop Warner week, then pick up with dates close to December 14 through December 19 or 20.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
pjew
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 247

Awesome! i'm booked for Nov.28-Dec. 8 - praying FD is offered!!!
__________________
Disney World Trip - Sept. 18-24, 2008
Next Disney World Trip -
Our '25th Anniversary Celebration Vacation'
Nov. 15- Nov.25, 2013 [/FONT]
pjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
Coconuts
DIS Veteran
 
Coconuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Haddonfield, NJ
Posts: 2,893

If I remember correctly, FD was blacked out for Jersey week the last few years. We just came down a day or two early to get FD before the blackout dates. And hoping for the same this year too or we won't be going!
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(6) DD(0) DDog
2013 POR ; 2012 DCL Magic ; 2011 POR ; 2011 POP ; 2009 CBR ; 2007 POR ; 2006 Poly ; 1998 CSR ; 1993 Offsite-Royal Plaza ; 1986 Offsite-Hyatt Regency ; 1983 CR ; 1979 CR
Coconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master
 
poohbear13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 704

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjew View Post
Awesome! i'm booked for Nov.28-Dec. 8 - praying FD is offered!!!
We have same dates booked
__________________
Chrissy Bobby Timmy Zachy Lilo Stitch TinerbellSebastian

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #9
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 46,971

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
We had free dining last year (2012) that started the day after Thanksgiving. It was not a bounceback offer- it was for the general public.
I'm talking about this year - 2013. They offered free dining to the general public for late winter/early spring in 2011 & 2012 but not this year. They offered the stay/play/dine promo instead.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
alylyn80
Earning My Ears
 
alylyn80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Swampscott
Posts: 11

Thanks Everyone. Great info, let's all cross our fingers!!
__________________
Alysha 33 - 8 Disney Trips
Lily 10 - 7 Disney Trips
Lucas 6 - 3 Disney Trips


alylyn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
 
babydoll65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,259

Last year they offered fd Jersey week and through veterans day. But usually,Jersey week is blacked out but I don't see any reason for them not to include veterans day. It's not considered a major holiday and it falls after the half marathon and food and wine ends.
__________________

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.