Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #31
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

I posted this earlier today in another thread. As it turns out, Disney is going to make an announcement Thursday (April 25) regarding a summer event involving Monsters Inc which will include another 24 hour party at Magic Kingdom on May 24. Not exactly the announcement we wanted to hear on that date, but if anyone will be there during that time, it could be exciting.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #32
HappyWife05
Earning My Ears

Hi. I'm brand new to the board and have been reading up and learning a lot about Disney - you guys are awesome!

My husband and I called Disney and booked our resort and tickets last night for a September visit! I thought this was interesting - I asked about future special offers, specifically free dining, and the lady said that they don't know in advance what specific offers are coming out. However, she said that after working there for 5 years, every time Disney is getting ready to release really popular offers (FD), CM's are told ahead of time to expect working really long hours booking new vacation packages. She said that her team (Team Tangled) was told that sometime during the week of May 5th, to expect putting in long days.

So, take it for what it's worth. Have a wonderful day!
HappyWife05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #33
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWife05 View Post
Hi. I'm brand new to the board and have been reading up and learning a lot about Disney - you guys are awesome!

My husband and I called Disney and booked our resort and tickets last night for a September visit! I thought this was interesting - I asked about future special offers, specifically free dining, and the lady said that they don't know in advance what specific offers are coming out. However, she said that after working there for 5 years, every time Disney is getting ready to release really popular offers (FD), CM's are told ahead of time to expect working really long hours booking new vacation packages. She said that her team (Team Tangled) was told that sometime during the week of May 5th, to expect putting in long days.

Check you out! New to the board & you bring awesome info! Welcome to DIS!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #34
kydisneyfans
It may be because they are too embarassed to show it in public

We went on the free dining plan last year with arrival on Oct 4. Looking back at the credit card statements, I booked in late May. We are waiting for the late summer package again before deciding whether to schedule a visit or not.

The concern I have is between the very long bounceback deals, and those that are stating they are booking anyway and will adjust if something better is offered, that Disney will see bookings are high and not offer much at all.
kydisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #35
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:

Yea! Thanks! And Along the same line, on my day 180 I could not make ADR's for several hours and for 'Ohana 2 days because something was being done to computer systems. When I asked if this was normal, CM said yes when a new announcement is coming out. The next day, this summers promo was announced. So, if any of you are trying to make ADR's and are told computers are down, let us know. Could be a sign a big announcement is coming.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #36
gilby
DIS Veteran

Waiting impatiently for the week of May 5th.
2008 Pop-Century
2010 Pop-century
2011 Pop-Century
2012 POR
2013 POR
2014 pop century
2014 Pop century
gilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #37
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Can't wait....ready to book!!!! Even more ready to GO!!!

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:08 AM   #38
Tinkershelly
DisneyWorld trip winner!
Holy moley, there are soooo many items!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydisneyfans View Post
We went on the free dining plan last year with arrival on Oct 4. Looking back at the credit card statements, I booked in late May. We are waiting for the late summer package again before deciding whether to schedule a visit or not.

The concern I have is between the very long bounceback deals, and those that are stating they are booking anyway and will adjust if something better is offered, that Disney will see bookings are high and not offer much at all.
And this is why I don't have a room reservation right now.

Also, why would I make a reservation only to need to change it to the new promotion when it comes out? How is that easier than making a new one on the day the promotion comes out? I just don't see the logic, sorry.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:12 AM   #39
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkershelly View Post
And this is why I don't have a room reservation right now.

Also, why would I make a reservation only to need to change it to the new promotion when it comes out? How is that easier than making a new one on the day the promotion comes out? I just don't see the logic, sorry.
I agree. Unless you are willing to pay rack rate, there is no benefit in booking ahead of time. It doesn't "hold" your spot for when a discount comes along. I too would think it would make Disney think that discounts are not needed, since it's booked up!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #40
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome! Congrats on booking your trip!!! I am dearly hoping for some free dining news soon as I think that my family is sick of me talking about it...lol. Thanks for the encouraging news
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #41
HappyWife05
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post
Welcome! Congrats on booking your trip!!! I am dearly hoping for some free dining news soon as I think that my family is sick of me talking about it...lol. Thanks for the encouraging news
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I am very excited about our trip in September - my family is sick of me talking about FD too. haha
HappyWife05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #42
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

I know for our family we are going no matter what. We have budgeted/planned/saved and we just happen to prefer to go in Sept because it is less crowded. Unfortunately Disney is releasing promos late this year and at the beginning of March when I saw summer promos had not even been released, I went ahead and booked so I could make ADR's and get our first choice of restaurants and times. The FD is a double edged sword for us. We love it, but it also brings more people and parks are more crowded than when we have been there with no FD. And another advantage for us is that we have a wonderful (most awesome ever!) Disney Authorized Vacation Planner who will automatically apply any discount to our package as soon as it is released. We have to do nothing. No rebooking, etc.
Summer is a much, much more busy time for WDW than late Aug-early Dec., and summer promo was not announced until March 28 I think. Disney is not having to beg people to come this year because of the opening of the new Fantasyland so they can wait around and take their time. I think that has more to do with it than looking to see how many rooms are booked. Just a thought and only my opinion to spark discussion. Love talkin' Disney!

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #43
Sleepyshopper
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPorter044 View Post
Will be there Sept, 14-21. Hoping for the same.
We'll be there Sept. 13 -21st ....Keeping our fingers crossed!!

Sept. 2008 POP
Sept. 2012 POP
Sept. 2013 POR
Me , DH , DS16 , DD11, and DD3
Sleepyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #44
kristenm514
Mouseketeer

I also was insisting I'd never book until Disney released discounts, but we got a good TA deal and I was afraid if we waited, the discounted rooms that they had would be sold out. So, we have a reservation, even though we're still possibly going to downgrade to a mod if a good late summer discount is released. Normally, though, I agree that booking rooms in hopes of a discount is sort of counterproductive.
kristenm514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #45
jodirn2
Earning My Ears

We also booked our trip yesterday for August 25-31st. When I asked about fd the cm told me to check back frequently and also she said that not only could it be free dining but a room/tix discount. She said when the deals come out I will need to figure out which is a better deal for our family. She didn't tell me when but she definitely made it seem quite matter of fact. Fingers crossed. For us a savings of $1100. Holy cow!!
jodirn2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: