Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
kyomagi
Mouseketeer

Anyone stay at Westgate Lakes Resort

****EDIT****

I meant Westgate Town Center

We were staying on disney prop, but we found this deal on orbitz for a full condo with kitchen and car rental for $500 less than what we were paying for a value resort.

I heard they are ok as long as you decline anything they offer because its more than likely tied to a timeshare meeting

Last edited by kyomagi; 02-05-2013 at 12:00 PM.
kyomagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyomagi View Post
****EDIT****

I meant Westgate Town Center

We were staying on disney prop, but we found this deal on orbitz for a full condo with kitchen and car rental for $500 less than what we were paying for a value resort.

I heard they are ok as long as you decline anything they offer because its more than likely tied to a timeshare meeting
We are staying here in March for 2 weeks. My brother stayed in October and said he loved it. We have a 3 bdrm booked. He declined the timeshare hounds very promptly, telling him he didn't make the annual salary to accomodate what the require, never bothered him again.

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 03:03 AM   #3
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

We stayed there this past Oct/Nov, but the deal just sort of fell into our laps. We already had a room booked with an AP discount at CBR. Knowing I go to WDW several times a year, a coworker asked when my next Disney trip was. I told her in about two weeks and she told me she had three time shares, had banked all she could and was going to lose some weeks if she didn't use them by Dec 31st. She offered me a one week in a one bedroom condo at Westgate Town Center (or any of the other Westgate properties for that matter) for just $400.00 (plus the $50.00 trade in fee). We had never stayed offsite, but $64.00 per night was too a deal to pass up. So we canceled the Disney ressie and asked her to book the closest property to the Disney gates. The next night she called me and said she had us set up at Westgate Town Center, which was just a mile from the Disney gates (over by Animal Kingdom). We loved it. When they send you over for the parking pass, the lady did ask if we wanted to attend a breakfast and after the breakfast, we would get the VIP card, which would entitle us to use all the resorts amenities for free. We politely declined and told her we had no interest in owning a time share. I also left my husband out in the car, so she didn't know he was with me (they can't sell you a time share if your spouse is not present). Anyway, she simply said if I changed my mind to come back. We didn't hear another word about attending a time share presentation all week.

We loved the property. Our balcony overlooked pool number 14 and the lake. A hot tub was right there also. The living room had a leather couch that folded out into a queen size bed, but that bed was not very comfortable. Everything else about the condo was wonderful though. It had a big screen TV in the living room and another TV in the master bedroom. I loved the jacuzzi tub and my husband and mom loved the huge walk in shower in the bathroom. We didn't do any cooking, but the kitchen was fully equipped with plenty of pots, pans, dishes, microwave, toaster, blender, etc. The washer/dryer was stacked, but OK. The onsite pizza place had pretty good pizza, but we didn't try any of the other options (there is also an ice cream shop and I think maybe a restaurant or two). We loved that there was so many restaurants close by, so ate offsite every night but once. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
woodnymph
Mouseketeer

We stayed here in 2006. My aunt owns a Westgate timeshare and she sold us one of her weeks. The 2 bedroom condo was very nice. There were upscale floors, granite counter tops, nice furniture and appliances. I thought maybe it had been newly remodeled at the time. But, I didn't ask. It's been a long time since we stayed there - 7 years. But, we absolutely enjoyed our stay.

ME (38) DH (43) DH (36) DGF (38) DD (16) DS (13) DD (7) DD (6)

WDW 1993, WDW 1998, WDW 2001, WDW 2003, DL 2004, WDW 2006/7, WDW Pop 2009, DCL 2011, WDW 2012 Pop, planning WDW 6/6/2013 AoA!
woodnymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #5
greenclan67
Callie35

We are here right now. It took me awhile to get the layout and we had crappy weather the first week. Some of the pools were cool, but we did a walk of the property, including the vacation villas side, you can use their pools as well, and after being here 10 days, we love it. We just told the timeshare sharks, we didn't meet the minimun requirments for the tour and they left us alone. The rooms are huge. We are in a 3 bdrm which consist of the a and b sides. If you have any questions ask away. If I don't get back to you until after the 15th, it's because I am not home yet!

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
B A Mouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67
We are here right now. It took me awhile to get the layout and we had crappy weather the first week. Some of the pools were cool, but we did a walk of the property, including the vacation villas side, you can use their pools as well, and after being here 10 days, we love it. We just told the timeshare sharks, we didn't meet the minimun requirments for the tour and they left us alone. The rooms are huge. We are in a 3 bdrm which consist of the a and b sides. If you have any questions ask away. If I don't get back to you until after the 15th, it's because I am not home yet!
You made my day! I was so worried about our 2wks until your post put me at ease. I'm new to the boards...looking forward to a good stay
B A Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #7
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

if you can avoid the timeshare sharks you will be okay.

there is a $30 per unit charge for all the activities (the pools are free) - boating, mini-golf, etc.

now my last 2 times were great - brought my cats so had to pay $80 pet cleaning fee - the first time was in one of the older Westgate Villa units - it was much, much bigger and my cats played chase. It definitely needed some work - but the mold (allergic so aware when it is around) and roaches that others mention were not a problem. Live in Ala so aware of roaches - my cats will attack them - and since they were stuck inside - outside at home - they would have definitely attacked anything.

next time we were put in the newer Town Center - these villas are smaller - more carpet - but the views of WDW were pretty good.

actually being to enjoy Westgate - almost got one for April in RCI sales - but trying to kept to my budget (and boy it is hard)

so not going until June/July - staying in a Marriott. at least that is the plan for now.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
B A Mouse
Earning My Ears

Thanks you I hope you have a wonderful trip
B A Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #9
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

going in april - so will tell you when get back - some of the new reviews on tripadvisior are a little scarey.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
kyomagi
Mouseketeer

well there were a few issues, but not bad.

They did not pester us for the time share

But the room we got compared to the room we rented was different. They would not budge. I wont be staying there next time

also, they were pretty far from the parks.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #11
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
well there were a few issues, but not bad.

But the room we got compared to the room we rented was different. They would not budge..
Just out of curiosity.....what was the difference in the room you received from what you rented?

And have you reported the discrepancy in what you received to Orbitz?

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #12
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

Quote:
they were pretty far from the parks.
what way did you go?

if you went down Entry Point Boulevard go thru the light now you are on Sherberth rd - kept on this road - at the traffic light - go left for AKL/V - or right for AK - it is right there.

go down this road (Osceola Pkwy) a bit further and you will see sign for Epcot, Studios and MK.

now if you want to go the MK - then turn right - then about 3 miles turn right on to World Drive - now will admit that google seems to be confused - especially when it puts you on I4 to get to Epcot.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #13
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT

cancel my reservation for Westgate - it was not anything against Westgate

have a kitten who needs surgery.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #14
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
cancel my reservation for Westgate - it was not anything against Westgate

have a kitten who needs surgery.
good luck

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #15
tamarag
disneyworld fanatic

Where would I go about finding an owner to try to rent a villa at this property?
tamarag is offline   Reply With Quote