Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #16
Sleepyshopper
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the Hope

Sept. 2008 POP
Sept. 2012 POP
Sept. 2013 POR
Me , DH , DS16 , DD11, and DD3
Sleepyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #17
howaboutno
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandamouse View Post
I got into BOG with my boyfriend yesterday on my birthday without a reservation. It was just the two of us so we have no problem with eating at obscure meal times (like a 4pm "dinner"). I had no reservations and tried so hard to get them but had zero luck. We got there around 3:15 and just hung out around outside in the blazing heat until they opened for dinner. Don't let the staff make you feel there is little hope. First they don't consider the walk-in line just that. To them it is a "cancellation" line and if you do get in, it is because someone cancelled. So it's more of a privilege than a courtesy. I highly doubt that i got in due to cancellations because there were tons of extra tables during the first hour of service. In beasts room alone, it was about 80% empty! They all have to say the same things: "we are booked for months through", "we won't know until we open at 4 if there are any cancellations" etc. but just ignore them and wait in the line outside on the left.

I got on around 3:40 and was first in line and they took my name, party number and gave me a pager when they opened. It was super easy and I was seated at around 4:15! I'm so glad I read about a similar experience on here and didnt completely rule out a chance to eat here because it was a wonderful dining experience..we even got to meet Beast in a room where there was only a tiny line of people because everyone was still eating!

This is almost identical to the experience we had on Sunday 4-28. I could never get an ADR for it, but after reading about others getting a table without reservations, we gave it a shot. There were three of us (two adults and one child), and we showed up at around 3:45pm. There were a few people ahead of us in the "non-reservation holders" line, and we were seen shortly after 4pm. Not less than five minutes after getting our pager, it went off and we were taken to our table. I also echo the statement that there were a lot of empty tables at 4pm and even still some empty at 5pm when we were done. In fact, one of the dining rooms was completely closed off so I'm not sure why they don't take more ressies than they do.
Either way it was a great experience (albeit not cheap... $110 including tip for the three of us).
howaboutno is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #18
gilesmt
DIS Veteran

Don't know how I missed this, that was the ressie I gave up, I coordinated with another diser, but he said it told him the server was down and he lost it. I'm glad someone else got it.
gilesmt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: