Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #1
PrettyFlower2
Mouseketeer

Target Disney Gift Cards?

What it all this I am hearing about buying Disney Gift cards at Target and getting like 25% off? Is this true? This sounds too good to be true as I am not getting the DDP and would love to use the gift cards at QS restaurants. If anyone has any info about this I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Eating Vegetarian in WDW

Dana
PrettyFlower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

In order to get the disount at Target...

First, you must have the Target Check Card or Credit Card. This gives you 5% off of every transaction.

Secondly, you would need to participate in their Pharmacy Rewards program, which after a certain amount of refills - you get a coupon for another 5% off on a day of your choice.

When the two of these offers are stacked together, it's more like saving 9%, but still a significant savings.

Or, if you are like me, and you are a Target Team Member - you can also use your Team Member discount. So, my GCs - I can stack the 10% + 5% + 5%, which is more like 17.5% off the total... but it usually saves me about $800+ per trip, because I use my GCs to pay for EVERYTHING. The only cash I bring is enough for our airport meals, all other things (resort, ddp, tickets, souveniers, tips...) are paid for with Disney GCs. Plus, doing it this way - I also qualify for any offers that Disney releases... So, Free Dining... Military (DH is military)...

Not only that, but Target has just started carrying Southwest GCs... They may not be up in all stores yet, but you can now get these discounts on airfare too... However, read the fine print on the back of the SW GCs, because there are limits to how many you can use per transaction.

Hope that helps.

D~
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Also, I forgot to add... Not only can you get these savings on Disney GCs... but think about what restaurants you frequent at home... YOu can use these discounts in your every day life, and potentially save a lot.

I did not do this for our last trip, but I may do it for this one... I may purchase GCs from Target for our airport meals - at least on the MCO side... Every little bit helps, right?

D~
DMGeurts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
PrettyFlower2
Mouseketeer

Thank you very much. I don't really have a convenient target near me so I don't want to fill my rx there. So I guess it's not really worth it then. Thanks anyways!

Eating Vegetarian in WDW

Dana
Old 04-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
fab5friend99
Mouseketeer

On the budget board there are usually a lot of threads about deals on gift cards. The last 2 years in December Target has issued a coupon where you get a $10 target gift card with a $50 purchase (that's 20% off). You can use that to buy Disney gift cards along with your Target red card and that's 24% off in total.
fab5friend99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #6
TX Momof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab5friend99 View Post
On the budget board there are usually a lot of threads about deals on gift cards. The last 2 years in December Target has issued a coupon where you get a $10 target gift card with a $50 purchase (that's 20% off). You can use that to buy Disney gift cards along with your Target red card and that's 24% off in total.
This is great news! I'm not going until January, so I can buy my gift cards for food and tips, etc.

Thanks!

TX Momof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
Ariel853
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab5friend99 View Post
Do they only do this promotion in December? We are going in november and this sounds like a great deal!!
Ariel853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
PrettyFlower2
Mouseketeer

thankss that sounds like a good deal! I have to remember that in December!

Eating Vegetarian in WDW

Dana

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: