Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #16
SwirlyGirly
Mouseketeer

I was unable to change my Poly reservation to the AP rate because there are no club rooms left for the AP.
SwirlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #17
Cinderumbrella
Wench

I hate only having a voucher so I can't log in and see them!

Waiting for an email back from my TA to hear if she was successful. I know my POR stay is sold out for some nights so I won't get it there, but I hope I can get something at the YC portion...
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #18
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslipper View Post
You're welcome! I am purchasing my AP's within the next few weeks, but didn't want to miss the discount! The CM I spoke to told me the rates are out through 8/15 and to watch for later dates sometime in June.
We aren't going until December and I haven't booked yet, but I'm going with room only and will either purchase APs ahead of time and exchange the vouchers once we're there or just wait to purchase them when we get there. Keeping my fingers crossed that there are good AP discounts for December. Thanks for the heads up on June......I will keep a look out as it gets closer .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwirlyGirly View Post
I was unable to change my Poly reservation to the AP rate because there are no club rooms left for the AP.
I'm sorry there was no availability, but you will still have a great trip. We've never stayed Poly CL, but can't wait to try it in December as I've been reading some great reviews about it lately .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #19
SwirlyGirly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I'm sorry there was no availability, but you will still have a great trip. We've never stayed Poly CL, but can't wait to try it in December as I've been reading some great reviews about it lately .
I know; it's going to be lovely. And thanks for the encouragement. I'm just a bit bummed bc I'm staying at YC for three nights and then transferring to the Poly. We changed the first reservation and then couldn't change the second. I was planning to change both to recoup the extra expense on the AP. So I will end up spending more by buying the AP (I can't make another trip this year as I'll be abroad mostly). Oh, well. doo-doo happens.

Edited to add that I actually will come out ahead, now that I think about it. We book at least 2 TS meals a day, including some signature restaurants, so with the TIW card, I will for sure recoup my cost. So, even if I only saved a bit on YC and nothing at Poly, I'm still getting a great deal w/ the GP discount and the TIW card. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.
SwirlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #20
ab2008
Mouseketeer

I just called and the discount at POP is the same as when I booked with the Spring promo, so no extra savings :-(
Old 04-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #21
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Does it state any room rate examples?
I am staying at POP/coronado springs but BB only covers the 2nd part of the trip. Do you know what it would be at POP or Coronado july 31-aug 7th?

I think the BB for coronado is 30% and POP is 25%.
Uggh, I hate not having access to the AP site. We don't get our AP's until May.
Thanks so much for the update, now to figure out the best way to book with the lowest rate.
photos_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #22
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2008 View Post
I just called and the discount at POP is the same as when I booked with the Spring promo, so no extra savings :-(
Meaning it's only 15%? I thought the AP discount was 20%?

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #23
KValo
Earning My Ears

Just called and had the AP rate applied to our reservation for CR Garden Wing June 9-14! I'm saving $316, so getting basically one night free compared to the spring rate!
KValo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #24
JAA'smom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
Does it state any room rate examples?
I am staying at POP/coronado springs but BB only covers the 2nd part of the trip. Do you know what it would be at POP or Coronado july 31-aug 7th?

I think the BB for coronado is 30% and POP is 25%.
Uggh, I hate not having access to the AP site. We don't get our AP's until May.
Thanks so much for the update, now to figure out the best way to book with the lowest rate.
For the Pop on those dates in a standard view it is $830
For the Coronado all they had was standard view-business class and it was $1417.

JAA'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #25
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA'smom View Post
For the Pop on those dates in a standard view it is $830
For the Coronado all they had was standard view-business class and it was $1417.
Thanks! Looks like I may be doing a split stay and just booking with bounce back for the second part.
Those discounts seem lower than the last batch but I guess it is peak season time so figures!
The bounce back rate doesn't start until aug 4 so will do that for the 4-7th at coronado (if available) and stay at POP july 31-aug 4.

Thanks again for the quotes!

EDIT: Any chance you could get a quote on CSR business for 3 adults 1 child? DD is 20 and will be with us for half of our stay before venturing off to her disnely college program apartment!
Thanks!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #26
JAA'smom
Mouseketeer

For that scenario it is showing at $1535. Let me know if you want me to check anything else.

JAA'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #27
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA'smom View Post
For that scenario it is showing at $1535. Let me know if you want me to check anything else.
Oh you are wonderful! Thanks so much for checking on this. I have been waiting NOT so patiently on AP rates. lol
Now to make a decision on what to do.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #28
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwirlyGirly View Post
I know; it's going to be lovely. And thanks for the encouragement. I'm just a bit bummed bc I'm staying at YC for three nights and then transferring to the Poly. We changed the first reservation and then couldn't change the second. I was planning to change both to recoup the extra expense on the AP. So I will end up spending more by buying the AP (I can't make another trip this year as I'll be abroad mostly). Oh, well. doo-doo happens.

Edited to add that I actually will come out ahead, now that I think about it. We book at least 2 TS meals a day, including some signature restaurants, so with the TIW card, I will for sure recoup my cost. So, even if I only saved a bit on YC and nothing at Poly, I'm still getting a great deal w/ the GP discount and the TIW card. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.
You're welcome . I'm glad you were able to get a good discount on the YC. I agree with you about the AP and TiW card. I did the math for dining with the TiW card vs the DDP and even though the price of APs are pricey and then it's an additional $100 for the TiW card, we will come out ahead with the TiW card (and this is without any AP discount on the room, should there be one for our dates). So I think you make a good point about savings with the TiW card offsetting not getting a discount at the Poly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KValo View Post
Just called and had the AP rate applied to our reservation for CR Garden Wing June 9-14! I'm saving $316, so getting basically one night free compared to the spring rate!

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #29
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslipper View Post
You're welcome! I am purchasing my AP's within the next few weeks, but didn't want to miss the discount! The CM I spoke to told me the rates are out through 8/15 and to watch for later dates sometime in June.
Minor correction. The dates are out until 8/14. I'm waiting to book 8/15 and it's not available yet.

Amazing Trips with DD: Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #30
ab2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
Meaning it's only 15%? I thought the AP discount was 20%?
I don't know. I don't have my APs yet, so had to call, and the CM I talked to knew the new rate had come out this morning, looked it up and told me it was the same as I already had.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: