Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Question from my wife to other ladies...

My wife is a, shall we say, full figured lady . She is want to start jogging. She is wondering what others use for a good bra that keeps things from moving all around. Right now she is looking at the enell brand? Anyone use that brand? She is very open to suggestions, the only thing she has said was no underwire..

This is a pretty important thing so she will get out and run, so any ladies help would be great!
Old 04-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
Goofierunner
Mickey says, "Now get out there and run!"

I used to be pretty top heavy and fell in love with enell bras. I didn't move at.all.during my runs. I had surgery a few years ago to reduce the girls so I don't use them anymore. But I highly, highly recommend them.

First I do this Then I do this but I wish I was at
Goofierunner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Under Armour Amour bras - pricey but awesome because they come in real bra sizes, not S/M/L. A lot of people like Moving Comfort too.

Kind of you to ask for your wife...you're a good husband!
Ariel484 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
dreams91
DIS Cast Member
Loves to veg out in front of the TV on QVC scrap days!

Moving comfort makes some awesome ones. Especially 'Fiona'.

dreams91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

I am a very full figured girl and I LOVE my Moving Comfort bra. The girls do not move at all. They are so comfortable that I wear them all the time even to work.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:32 AM   #6
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Thanks everyone, for more info, some of them dont appear to go to a large enough band size. So enell for sure will have it, and some of the moving comfort also, but some of the others not so much unless we are missing something. Anyone else with suggestions we'll take them, and thanks to those that have answered.

And Ariel, I'll try to find out anything for her if it will be able to get her comfortably out and jogging / exercising.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #7
Sarah_Rose
DIS Veteran

I fourth or fifth Moving Comfort (the Fiona model). I've run through two pregnancies and through nursing two babies, and they were the only thing that cut it.

Inaugural DOPEY CHALLENGE 2014, AoA February 2013, DLR (Christmas trip!) December 2011, DLR (DL Half Marathon) September 2011, AKL Kidani (WDW Half Marathon) 2011, CSR and the GOOFY 2010, WL and the WDW Half Marathon 2009 (2:29), Disneyland Resort Paris 2007, Off-Site 2006, ASMu 2002, Dixie Landings 2000
Sarah_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
RunnerRen
~Ren~

Count me in as another lover of the moving comfort bras!

~All Our Dreams Can Come True, if We Have the Courage to Pursue Them~
RunnerRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #9
Ariel484
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
Thanks everyone, for more info, some of them dont appear to go to a large enough band size. So enell for sure will have it, and some of the moving comfort also, but some of the others not so much unless we are missing something. Anyone else with suggestions we'll take them, and thanks to those that have answered.

And Ariel, I'll try to find out anything for her if it will be able to get her comfortably out and jogging / exercising.
The unfortunate thing about good running bras (as with any other good running equipment) is that they can be pricey. She might end up spending $40-$60 on a good bra. A couple of suggestions...

1. Check out RunningWarehouse.com. They carry some Moving Comfort bras (may not be as big of a selection as MovingComfort.com) and they have free shipping. Also Google around for discount codes.

2. Whichever bra she does get, make sure to wash according to the care instructions (most likely cold/delicate cycle) and hang to dry. Putting running bras in the dryer is bad for the elastic and the moisture-wicking fabric (same for any running clothes). Hopefully this will help whatever she does end up buying last longer.

3. (This is a mistake I've made a few times)...if she tries something on in the store or whatever and likes it, just buy one - don't be tempted to buy more than one at first. Take that first bra out for a test run or two to make sure it's REALLY the one. I've tried on bras in the store and bought 2-3 thinking I'd found "the one," then was stuck not being able to return them after figuring out that they weren't quite right.

I hope she finds something she likes. Bra shopping is a PAIN.
Ariel484 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
sanapunk
Kahtkateer
Me number one kite flier!

I swear by the Shock Absorber DMax. I buy them on eBay (I swear they are new with tags!) for a little bit of a discount as they are pricy in the 50-60 dollar range. I just ordered a moving comfort fiona off amazon though, to give it a try!

Who's the driver of the kaht that's made for you and me? V-A-R-L-E-Y B-A-W-B!!
sanapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
Soccer Princess
DIS Cast Member
you would never find me with the old hammer again!

I love the Moving Comfort Fiona!!!
Soccer Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #12
dburg30

pricey is in the eye of the beholder I mean, everyone here runs, so everyone knows that you get what you pay for.. socks, shoes, shirts, underwear, shorts, watches.. so we already knew the price wasnt going to be 'cheap' but if it works and she is comfortable, it's worth 3x the price
Old 04-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #13
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Just checked out runningwarehouse.com and they have Fionas!! code for 15% off is WISHRACED. Good luck!!

sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #14
tehvalerie
Mouseketeer

My favorite has been the Champion Spot Comfort, which I got for about $25 on Amazon. I did have a couple issues with chafing on runs longer than about 10 miles, but nothing a little body glide couldn't prevent the next time out.
tehvalerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:14 AM   #15
Stitch_lover_Sith
So I want to weigh in on this discussion

I am a fan of the TaTa Tamer II from Lululemon. Ran Disney 26.2 in this one and felt wonderful after. I am a bit chesty for my rib cage size.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: