Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #16
sanapunk
Kahtkateer
Me number one kite flier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornak View Post
Hi! I'm signing up for the half today! Waaaaaay outside of my current comfort zone as I have only run three 5Ks so far in my running career. But I am committed to making this happen in 2014! So I would love to be a part of this group as I prepare!!
Congrats for making that committment! I'm also a fairly new runner, only have officially crossed 2 finish lines But by the time the half comes I will have ran the ToT 10 miler so hopefully I will be up to par! Good luck in your training, we have plenty of time!

Who's the driver of the kaht that's made for you and me? V-A-R-L-E-Y B-A-W-B!!
sanapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #17
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi! I'm signing up for the half today! Waaaaaay outside of my current comfort zone as I have only run three 5Ks so far in my running career. But I am committed to making this happen in 2014! So I would love to be a part of this group as I prepare!!
We're in the same boat! I've only got 3 5ks under my belt but I figure we have plenty of time to train for the Half. I just want to finish.. don't care too much about time at this point!
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #18
operationremie
Mouseketeer

you guys can do it! :D i've been training for a half marathon up here in connecticut so i'm more worried about that. we'll all be able to do the donald half! :D

so question for people who have done this in the past...does disboard usually have a meetup at the races? i mean, i'd like to run with people at the half cause i don't want to make it the race where i beat my time limit. i just want to have fun and be under the 16 min/mile

My Training Blog: http://ageekintraining.blogspot.com/
Total Miles in 2013: 235.84
2013 Races: 5/13 - Pineapple 5K (Greenwich, CT), 6/23 - Bluff Point Trail Run (Groton, CT), 7/14 - 5K Foam Fest (Haverhill, MA), 7/20 - Run or Dye 5K (Hartford, CT), 9/15 - Surftown 13.1 (Westerly, RI), 9/28 - Color Me Rad 5K (Providence, RI), 10/12 - Hartford Half Marathon (Hartford, CT)

operationremie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #19
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanapunk View Post
Congrats for making that committment! I'm also a fairly new runner, only have officially crossed 2 finish lines But by the time the half comes I will have ran the ToT 10 miler so hopefully I will be up to par! Good luck in your training, we have plenty of time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
We're in the same boat! I've only got 3 5ks under my belt but I figure we have plenty of time to train for the Half. I just want to finish.. don't care too much about time at this point!
You guys can absolutely do this! I've run on and off for many years, but only got focused on distance a little over a year ago - started distance training last Jan., ran a few 5Ks before summer, completed TOT in Sept. and finished the Princess Half this Feb. Lots of time to train and totally do-able - you've got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by operationremie View Post
so question for people who have done this in the past...does disboard usually have a meetup at the races?
Yep, though I've yet to make it to any of them, lol! We usually start talking about a meet-up a month or so out from the race.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #20
operationremie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Yep, though I've yet to make it to any of them, lol! We usually start talking about a meet-up a month or so out from the race.
thanks! i definitely want to make it to at least one. my gf and i will be there from the 8th-13th so i think i should make it to at least one.

2013 Races: 5/13 - Pineapple 5K (Greenwich, CT), 6/23 - Bluff Point Trail Run (Groton, CT), 7/14 - 5K Foam Fest (Haverhill, MA), 7/20 - Run or Dye 5K (Hartford, CT), 9/15 - Surftown 13.1 (Westerly, RI), 9/28 - Color Me Rad 5K (Providence, RI), 10/12 - Hartford Half Marathon (Hartford, CT)

Old 04-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #21
lyncecelia
DIS Veteran

I just registered! It'll be my first 1/2 marathon, so I'm wicked nervous!

I am training now, hoping to hit 5k by June/July and 10k by September/October!

Me (25)DF (33) *DF's Kids*:DSS12DSD11DSD10 DSS6
Met on the DIS, and going strong
Our Planning Journal

May 10th 2010-First date at Kona...October 2011-first trip together...April 21st-29th 2012-first trip with the kids...October 3rd-6th 2012-adults only trip
lyncecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #22
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

i am IN!!!!!

i was scheduled to run in 2011, but wound up pregnant instead. (and yes, i'd rather have my son than any race medal.) i have finally gotten myself back into shape and training. so, i WILL be there and WILL get my medal!

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #23
operationremie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall
i am IN!!!!!

i was scheduled to run in 2011, but wound up pregnant instead. (and yes, i'd rather have my son than any race medal.) i have finally gotten myself back into shape and training. so, i WILL be there and WILL get my medal!
Yay! More runners to run with

Old 04-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #24
islandrunner
Earning My Ears

Hey Donald runners! I am deciding between Donald or Princess? I have run Princess the last two years and this year was very crowded. Anyone run both? What race is your favorite?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #25
bhodonne
Mouseketeer

I did the Goofy in 2012 the half is the most fun half I have ever ran. We still talk about how much fun and relaxing it was. Thumbs up for Donald
bhodonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #26
Donald Applecore
Just call me "sweet cheeks"

Any one know when the 2013 Donald Duck half marathon sold out? I want to sign-up but need a more training under my belt before I have the confidence to spend the $160 registration fee.

I'm a total running newbie, but such a huge Donald fan that this race has motivated me to get moving.

Last edited by Donald Applecore; 04-20-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Donald Applecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #27
tehvalerie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Applecore View Post
Any one know when the 2013 Donald Duck half marathon sold out? I want to sign-up but need a more training under my belt before I have the confidence to spend the $160 registration fee.

I'm a total running newbie, but such a huge Donald fan that this race has motivated me to get moving.
It didn't sell out until early September last year--but it was also July before it go to 60ish% full like it is now. With the new (official) Dopey, everything is a bit out of whack this year.

That said, you can absolutely be ready for a half by January! Or at least I hope so, because I haven't been running at all in the past few months and will basically be starting at zero.
tehvalerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #28
Donald Applecore
Just call me "sweet cheeks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehvalerie View Post
It didn't sell out until early September last year--but it was also July before it go to 60ish% full like it is now. With the new (official) Dopey, everything is a bit out of whack this year.

That said, you can absolutely be ready for a half by January! Or at least I hope so, because I haven't been running at all in the past few months and will basically be starting at zero.
Thanks for the info - I'm hoping to wait until June before registering. By then, I should have an idea how my body is responding to the training.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #29
BelleProfHP
Mouseketeer

I'm in! I ran the W&D 2012 as my first 1/2, this will be my 4th, maybe 5th (depends on how good I feel). My husband is running too, but we don't race together, so I'll let him post on his own - if he even sees this!

BelleProfHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:40 AM   #30
operationremie
Mouseketeer

Welcome people! :D Can't wait to run with all of you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: