DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
moran66
Earning My Ears

Agent no response

I put an offer in (at the asking price) last wed and have left 2 messages on voice mail with my fidelity agent and she has gotten back to me. is this normal? any suggestions? thanks
moran66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Keep calling and try sending an email. Fidelity is not known for prompt responses or excellent customer service.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moran66 View Post
I put an offer in (at the asking price) last wed and have left 2 messages on voice mail with my fidelity agent and she has gotten back to me. is this normal? any suggestions? thanks
Thats not good at all I think at this point I would be persistent - call again, ask for the manager and explain you put in a full price offer and you are waiting to hear when the contract will be written!!!

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
dneuby
Earning My Ears

I would email. I found that to be a much quicker way of getting a response from Fidelity. Phone would take forever, tried email and started getting responses within the hour.
dneuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
jenbelles
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I had the same thing happen to me with Fidelity. Its been three months and they never called me back. In their defense, I will say, after two weeks, I gave up and never tried to contact them again.
jenbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is ridiculous. What agent did you call? I would call and ask to speak to him/her and if not available, ask for a supervisor. Otherwise, I would send an email stating that your offer has expired due to lack of communication and that you were going to use a different agent in the future.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #7
AddieAidey
Earning My Ears

Happened to me too. I put in two offers, called, and called so more. I gave up and contacted another broker who had a better contract list that very day. I had an accepted offer and contract within 24 hours. I say, move on...there will be others and possibly better contracts elsewhere. Personally I saw the signs that that it would be a painful process with them.

Oh, she called me two weeks later and apologized for dropping the ball. They need more help and better process management.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #8
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I am looking at buying Dvc and have been in some contact with fidelity.... I say some because like everyone here is saying.... Responses have been hard to come by. I haven't even been able to get enough information from the agent in order to put together an offer. I wonder if this is why they have so many more listings on their site compared to say TSS (who has been very prompt and good with communications- just doesn't have anything that meets my needs perfectly)

Last edited by annmarieda; 04-16-2013 at 08:31 PM.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #9
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am looking at buying Dvc and have been in some contact with fidelity.... I say some be sure like everyone here is saying.... Responses have been hard to come by. I haven't even been able to get enough information from the agent in order to put together an offer. I wonder if this is why they have so many more listings on their site compared to say TSS (who has been very prompt and good with communications- just doesn't have anything that meets my needs perfectly)
combined with the fact that their website does not get updated regularly.
NoleFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #10
Dopey0039
Earning My Ears

I have just the opposite in dealing with feladty
Dopey0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #11
Dopey0039
Earning My Ears

Sorry about the post. I have has no problems with Rachel there. I bought one resale there and offered a bid on another. The second did get accepted and two and half weeks after I got a call from them with another resale that came in.
Dopey0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #12
moran66
Earning My Ears

she finally got back to me today told me there were some issues with putting the offer in the seller never rec it and told me she would get back to me when the seller responds.. I wont hold my breath.. thanks for the suggestions !
moran66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #13
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Same thing happened to me with Sharon at Fidelity. I put an offer in Thursday. Left a message Friday. No response so I sent an email. No response. So I called back Friday. She said my offer wasn't clear enough but not to worry because she's "holding" the listing for me. I asked what info I didn't make clear. She said she'd check. She came back and said everything is there, she just didn't read it correctly. She would present the offer right away. No response Monday. So I called. Oh, the seller didn't respond. But she has my info right in front of her and she'll contact me as soon as she knows something. Just in case, go ahead and give me your number and email again, she says. So much for my info right in front of her. No response today so I leave a message. No response so I call back and ask to speak to someone, anyone. On hold for 10 minutes. So I send an email withdrawing my offer. Within 2 minutes she calls and says they haven't gotten back to her. I said that was fine because I'm no longer interested in dealing with her company. She said she understands. Doh!
AnotherPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: