Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #31
Joan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariannekay View Post
Try clearing your cache first.
I did, I even tried on my phone and my iPad but still get the new site. HELP!!!
Joan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #32
FuzzyLump502
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyIt'sMe
Thank you for posting these instructions!

I can make our ADRs on 4/22 and was concerned since I don't know much about the new Disney website and how the 180+10 would work. So glad to know I can use the old website!

Debbie
We are the 21 or 22 I can't remember which... You arriving oct 19? I can't wait to make our ADR's

FuzzyLump502 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #33
mamakitteh
been to Disneyland more times than I can remember!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
Thank you for this!
Being from Canada, we don't have access to the new My Disney experience site (although it might be a blessing in disguise from what I'm reading...) and I've been trying to get an ADR for a Fantasmic Diner package but the calendar won't show dates further than April
I even called yesterday evening and the CM looked and told me everything was sold out for my date (08/04). Since I didn't believe this and thought that his system was the same I was trying to use, I searched again here and I found your post
I was able to book my F! package for my date by doing exactly what you said : enter the date manually!
Thanks again!
The Dis rocks
I have a quick question about the Fantasmic dinner package... I've seen the Fantasmic show at Disneyland and it was gorgeous, but is was pitch dark as well. When I went to book our reservation at WDW for June, the only times were for noon and 330pm to eat. What are the actual show times? It's going to be light out 'til 8pm in mid-June! (and thank you! I've been lurking here a while, soaking up the knowledge!)
1979-1996 more childhood trips to Disneyland than I can count! 1997 first trip to Disneyland with my husband 1999 Disneyland 2003 Daughter's first trip to Disneyland/California Adventure! 2005 Son's first trip to Disneyland/California Adventure and Sea World! 2008 Disneyland
mamakitteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #34
Tanooki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakitteh View Post

I have a quick question about the Fantasmic dinner package... I've seen the Fantasmic show at Disneyland and it was gorgeous, but is was pitch dark as well. When I went to book our reservation at WDW for June, the only times were for noon and 330pm to eat. What are the actual show times? It's going to be light out 'til 8pm in mid-June! (and thank you! I've been lurking here a while, soaking up the knowledge!)
Actually, the F! Package gets you tickets to bypass the line and gets you into a reserved section of the theater (although not the best ones, I do believe these are still pretty good and it still beats waiting on that horrendous line!). So even if you get the lunch package, the show will still be in the dark as you'll get your tickets at the end of your meal but will have to wait for the evening to use them at the show. On our date (08/04), we'll eat at Mama Melrose at 1:30pm but the show is at 9pm, so we'll come back around 8pm
Sept/Oct 1999 : Offsite - My first time, me and dh only Aug 2008 : Offsite (rental home) - First family trip! Aug 2009 : Offsite (rental home) Feb/Mar 2010 : Offsite (rental home) Dec 2010 : First time onsite - At Pop! Feb/Mar 2011 : Onsite at RPR (Universal) Aug 2011 : Onsite at Pop! Aug 2012 : Offsite (rental home) March 2013 : Offsite (rental home) - Family Reunion! August 2013 : Bonnet Creek - August 2014 : Back to Pop for free dining!

Tanooki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #35
mamakitteh
been to Disneyland more times than I can remember!

Tanooki, that is EXACTLY the answer I was looking for! Thanks!!!
1979-1996 more childhood trips to Disneyland than I can count! 1997 first trip to Disneyland with my husband 1999 Disneyland 2003 Daughter's first trip to Disneyland/California Adventure! 2005 Son's first trip to Disneyland/California Adventure and Sea World! 2008 Disneyland
mamakitteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #36
dadofgoofy
Mouseketeer

Yes

I used these same tips this morning. Today is my 180 day mark, and logged in a 5:55, and by 6:20 had every ADR i wanted: BOG, CRT, 1900PF, CM, CP (8:05 on a 9 am opening!!), and Ohana.

I was really stressing about getting any of them, but everything went well!
dadofgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #37
HLBee
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much Lisa! Followed your plan this morning and it worked great. Was able to get everything I wanted including BoG, Le Cellier, Artist Point and Ohana. The only thing that stinks is that I live in NM so I had to be up uber early to get this done. Totally worth it though. One tip I would add is that when you are searching for reservations, look for specific times, don't choose the "breakfast, lunch, dinner" option from the pull down menu. It may give you times you aren't interested in when in fact there are times available. This way I was able to get an earlier time for BoG than 6:20. Don't want to miss the parade! Thanks again for posting this. This method really works folks!
HLBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #38
gilesmt
DIS Veteran

I am so in awe that so many of you can plan that far in advance. Wow.

With two in college and one in elementary, me working and ex husband never answering, I thought I was doing well this year to book the hotel out six months early, but as usual, it had to be changed three months forward, leaving me less than two months to make all the ADRs. Just like every other time, actually a little better, usually I only have three weeks or less.

I felt great, I in the last month got all my ADRs, leaving in 24 days, this weekend finished them up with all the times I want. I have CRT, ttfdp, ohana, chef Mickey, BBB, tusker and the princesses at Epcot, 1900, three for bog and all at the times we wanted for our two weeks there.

Just wanted to let others know it can be done if you are not this organized, I have to change dates and times, sometimes but really this is the first time I have had them all within 3 weeks of going. Last two times we went I only got the hotel a month early
gilesmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #39
BrownieSunday
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for posting this! I followed your tips last night and I was ready to go first thing this morning. I only needed to make 1 reservation... BOG of course! I was a little worried since the day I wanted is 7 or 8 days into our trip but... I got it! We will be at BOG on the 19th of October to celebrate my 31st birthday!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #40
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for posting! I am anxiously waiting for Sunday morning to book our ADRs, and this is JUST the info I needed! THANK YOU!

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #41
yj3bjb
Earning My Ears

Tried a couple of dry runs, just in caase.....

Yep and trying to keep this thread on top....
yj3bjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #42
HeyIt'sMe
For Tag Fairy's Use only
That weed whacker just intimidates me somethin' fierce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyLump502 View Post
We are the 21 or 22 I can't remember which... You arriving oct 19? I can't wait to make our ADR's
Yep - we arrive October 19. Can't wait!

1970s - Contemporary: Nov 1975
1980s - Offsite: Jun 1985
1990s - Polynesian: Oct 1991, Oct 1993

2000s - Polynesian: Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006, Oct 2008
2010s - Polynesian: Oct 2010, Oct 2011, Oct 2012, Oct 2013
Trip Planning in Progress - Grand Floridian (sorry Polynesian): Oct 2014
HeyIt'sMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #43
babynala
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for this post. I was able to get all of the reservations I wanted, including BoG, for our upcoming trip. I had two possible days that I was hoping to get a BoG reservation for and was only able to get the one that was towards the end of our trip. The earlier date was not available. This was for a party of 6 and my ideal time was not available but I was happy to get an ADR.

The new/US site is sooooo slow with so many extra steps that I would have gone crazy trying to get all my ADRs, so thanks again.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #44
Weezerette
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for these tips. My ADR day is Tuesday. I'm traveling for work so I was already stressed about trying to do this on hotel wifi and bleary eyed from a bad night of sleep in a hotel.

I had my spreadsheet with times, dates, and ordered by priority. I played around in the old site yesterday and noticed I was losing my reservation connection...but I was not following these handy steps.
I'll also try the trick for looking for 4 instead of 3 for BOG since that seems to be one with the problems.

Thanks again! Come on BOG ressie!
Weezerette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #45
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

I tried a few practice runs since my ADR day is coming soon...when I click this link in the instructions it gives me an error message?? Sometimes it will work and sometimes not. And, when it does work, it gives me the msg when I click on make dining res?? Can someone offer any suggestions as to what I should do?

And, thanks to OP for this info...awesome!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
LOVEMY3KIDDOS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: