Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
DisneyBoricua
Earning My Ears

Off the beaten path in Disney

Hey everyone! I would like to find out what my fellow Mouseketeers do to shake things up when you've done all the usual things. Any experiences with behind-the-scenes tours and custom experiences (private yacht to watch "Wishes" anyone? would be greatly appreciated. Looking to shake things up for my 18th trip in August 2013. Thanks in advance!
DisneyBoricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Moving to the Theme Parks board

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

I always try and plan one new or special event for each trip. we did the keys to the kingdom tour where they take you into the utilidor, that was ok, but it is a lot of walking and takes a lot of your day. but glad we did it once. another trip, dh and dd did epcot's dolphins in depth, they enjoyed that too. you can see what's avail on Disney's site, click on "things to do" and then on "events and tours". don't know if you are only interested in on property ideas, but if you have a car and don't mind an early morning drive- years ago we went to crystal river to do a manatee tour. you get on a boat and wear a wet suit. they take you out and you get in the water and manatees will actually approach you if they want to interact. it was so nice, they didn't chase them, but let the manatee come to us. you can also just be a spectator on the boat. they are so gentle and nice, wonderful experience.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Easiest if you have a car. Go to the Team Disney Building. They have the world's largest operating sundial and you can go inside of it. It is an office building so it is subject to "normal business hours". Basically it is across Buena Vista Drive from Planet Hollywood, so you can take a bus to the Downtown West Side and walk across the street. Make sue it is a sunny day, or at least not overcast.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
spsk
Earning My Ears

18 trips! Hats off to you.
spsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
robandkelly13
DIS Veteran

We love the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage. It's a must-do for DH and fun for all of us. Check out the description on WDW's site.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

For us, excitement means going to a resort we don't usually frequent and have a meal there, often CS. Yeah, we're not very exciting!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
dprincessmom
Mouseketeer

I second Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise - It was a blast.
We have been adding new things each trip. We like the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party and we love the animated drawing class at DHS.

For our next trip (in this the year that we weren't supposed to go and it looks like we will be there at least twice this year ) we are doing water parks only. This will give us plenty of time in the water parks and a change of pace since we were just there last month.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
wiserabbit
Addicted to Pixe Dust

Our vote goes to the Grand-1 Yacht for Wishes cruise - this was hands down one of the best things we've ever done at WDW You get a custom tour of Bay Lake (our captain(s) even took us back stage where the ferries and vessels go to dry dock and refuel, etc. - very interesting. We also got as close as we could to the old Discovery Island for a little look.

When it was time for the actual fireworks - they position you in the best spot - and it is magnificent - here's a pic for you....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: