Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #61
Rowanonfire
Mouseketeer

I will be there March 1st-15th staying at AOA!

It's my first trip, I can hardly contain the excitement.
Rowanonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #62
JacknDawn4ever
"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust."

BRIDGETR3,

We are back on for March 1 - 8, 2014 at POR. My DH and I could not wait until November to come back home to Disney.
Now just to keep it a secret from our DSs. Our oldest thinks we are going in December 2014; he is going to be so surprised since his birthday is in March (So is my DH)!!

First Disney Trip - 1985 with Grandparents - stayed offsite
Family's First Disney Trip - March 2012 - POR
March 2015 - Resort TBD
JacknDawn4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #63
francis6306
DIS Veteran

So, I'm going to join in here! My family is most likely going MArch 9/10- the 16th! It will be Me, DH, and my 2 DD's and MAYBE my best friend and her husband (if I can convince them to come!). My husband wants to go for the Brave's Spring Training, so I'm trying to do as much research on that as possible! (IF anyone knows of any TR's with info on that, please message me with the links!)

DH wants to stay at ASSp, but I would like to be at AoA or Pop if we're staying value. If we can get a good discount, then we might do POR. So, no real plans yet…

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #64
deb93
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
So, I'm going to join in here! My family is most likely going MArch 9/10- the 16th! It will be Me, DH, and my 2 DD's and MAYBE my best friend and her husband (if I can convince them to come!). My husband wants to go for the Brave's Spring Training, so I'm trying to do as much research on that as possible! (IF anyone knows of any TR's with info on that, please message me with the links!)

DH wants to stay at ASSp, but I would like to be at AoA or Pop if we're staying value. If we can get a good discount, then we might do POR. So, no real plans yet…
We are also hoping to get in a spring training game while we're down there. It looks like this year's spring training schedule was released by the Braves in November of last year. Looks like they run from late Feb to late Mar so you're dates should be ok. Looks like they usually play 3-4 games per week at Disney and mostly 1:05pm games with a few evening games thrown in. I haven't done too much research but I'm guessing you can just buy tix from the Braves website and then take the bus from your resort to the WWS complex.

We're Nationals fans, so for us, we're booking on a wing and a prayer that they'll be playing a game with the Braves at WDW while we're there and that it won't conflict too bad with our dining plans which we'll make at the 180 day mark in September!
deb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #65
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb93 View Post
We are also hoping to get in a spring training game while we're down there. It looks like this year's spring training schedule was released by the Braves in November of last year. Looks like they run from late Feb to late Mar so you're dates should be ok. Looks like they usually play 3-4 games per week at Disney and mostly 1:05pm games with a few evening games thrown in. I haven't done too much research but I'm guessing you can just buy tix from the Braves website and then take the bus from your resort to the WWS complex.

We're Nationals fans, so for us, we're booking on a wing and a prayer that they'll be playing a game with the Braves at WDW while we're there and that it won't conflict too bad with our dining plans which we'll make at the 180 day mark in September!
I found last year's schedule, and you are right- mostly 1:05 games! I hope that is the same for 2014! My husband is a Cubs fan, but he just LOVES baseball in general! Any team playing is good for him! I grew up in the ATL, so I *should* be a Braves fan… however, I just don't like baseball…

Anyway, If that's the case for the times of the games, then he can just go over during the nap/break time that we take daily with our girls! So it SHOULD work out well for us! I try and skip lunches whenever possible, as far as TS goes. We just do CS or snacks and leave the TS for character breakfasts or dinners. Seems to work out better for our young kids!

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
Old 06-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #66
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

We would love to see the Braves as well. Here's hoping they play a few games while we are there!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #67
jaman12
Mouseketeer

I believe that the week of Mardi Gras will be more crowded than some of the other weeks, but I don't think it will be terrible. We went for Mardi Gras in 2012 (arriving the Thursday before and leaving Mardi Gras day). The crowds were very managable. It got worse on the Monday but we still got to do most every thing we wanted. That year Mardi Gras coincided with President's Week (actual President's day being the Monday). Mardi Gras and PW does not land together in 2014 since MG is late. So I am thinking that it will be a good time to go just knowing what it was like in 2012. Just expect to see a bunch of people wearing Saints and LSU attire.
March 2014 - Just time to go again - Staying Offsite
jaman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #68
im4kycats
Mouseketeer

Yay! I found you!

We are going March 17-23, 2014.

We'll be at the 'other' parks March 14-17, too.

We are staying at AoA for the second time. My kids fell in love with it in last Oct. and I can't talk them into anything else! We have been in a Lion King and Nemo room, so we are doing Cars next.

Me DH DS (15) DD (9)

1992 - Disneymoon at CBR; 2010 - Easter in the World at CBR; 2011 - MNSSHP at POFQ; 2012 - 20th Anniversary at AoA; 2013 - Adults to BWI; 2014 - Cars Suite at AoA
im4kycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #69
JacknDawn4ever
"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust."

Hoping they send out 2014 prices soon, so I can book our package. I am so ready to get the process started and ready to do our ADRs in September.

First Disney Trip - 1985 with Grandparents - stayed offsite
Family's First Disney Trip - March 2012 - POR
March 2015 - Resort TBD
JacknDawn4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #70
jcieutat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacknDawn4ever View Post
Hoping they send out 2014 prices soon, so I can book our package. I am so ready to get the process started and ready to do our ADRs in September.
Agreed, I am also waiting on Southwest Airlines to open up flights through March 2014.
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #71
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Looking over TP's I'm a little surprised at how crowded the parks look for my week… well, and for the whole month of March. I figured with Easter falling later in the spring that would help crowds. Do you think that it's just them estimating higher or will it really be that crowded?

Old 06-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #72
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Looks like I might be joining in for March 2014! We were planning on late May/early June, but we are in Orlando now (for a non Disney vacation) and it is sooooo hot! Too ot for us, and we are from the south so should be used to it! DH and I agreed we would change the dates for our WDW trip. A little nervous about the crowds and spring break, but we are looking at the last week of March.
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #73
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I saw someone post that there is a rumor that the 2014 package rates will be announced soon!!!!!

Old 06-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #74
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Well, I know this is as reliable as hearing it from a bus driver but.......

Last week I called to book our room for our March 2014 trip. While on the phone the CM told me that if it were her she would wait to book after the package rates come out "next week". When I questioned this, she stated that packages rates "always" come out at the end of June (which isn't exactly the truth since they've come out as late as July/August before). I'm hoping she is right.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #75
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Well, I know this is as reliable as hearing it from a bus driver but.......

Last week I called to book our room for our March 2014 trip. While on the phone the CM told me that if it were her she would wait to book after the package rates come out "next week". When I questioned this, she stated that packages rates "always" come out at the end of June (which isn't exactly the truth since they've come out as late as July/August before). I'm hoping she is right.

Wonder why they are releasing the prices so early?? I mean, it doesn't matter, but I, too, always thought July/August was the "time."

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: