Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #31
bbak3030
Mouseketeer

Add me, add me! We are from south Louisiana and plan to take advantage of the Mardi Gras holiday and are going to WDW from March 1-8!
At this point , I'm planning to book POFQ--unless they come out with an amazing room discount that would drastically bring down the price of The Contemporary. We really really want to stay at the CR, but I'm excited about POFQ too!

Last trip we did the HDDR on our first night and it was a great way to start the trip. Other restaurants I'm considering are:

Chef Mickeys or Tusker House for breakfast
Cinderellas Royal Table dinner (this is a must for my girls! Doing BBB first if I can get ressies to match up)
O'hana (still not sure about this one)
Rainforest cafe in AK (both girls love animals)
Coral Reef (my youngest loves fish)
Boatwrights at POR

I'm hoping we can get a BBB appt and a ressie at CRT that are back to back. We didn't do CRT last time and regret it. I'm only planning one character meal because DD4 is easily frightened by big characters. She LOVES her stuffed Minnie and Mickey, but goes ballistic when she sees the big ones. For this reason, I'm not attempting BOG, she would freak out.

We really enjoyed EOS last trip and plan to spend more time at DDT. Also toying with the idea of the Wishes Dessert Party. Also thinking of dinner for DH and I alone one night and bring the girls to one of the kids clubs at the resorts. Any idea/suggestions on this? I would prefer to have the girls close to us. Meaning I don't want to leave them at a resort and of to a park for dinner.

Yay, so excited I found this thread!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #32
bbak3030
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb93 View Post
Does anyone know when we can start booking for March? I'm sure we have to wait until they jack up the prices for the next year but not sure when that will be. I think we'll go ahead and put down the payment for our trip so we can make dining reservations at 180 days out, and then cross my fingers for free dining!!
My TA said we can book room only for a deposit of $200, and then call back to add package.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #33
bbak3030
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbak3030 View Post

My TA said we can book room only for a deposit of $200, and then call back to add package.
Meaning call back and add the package after they hike up prices and release new prices:-)
Old 05-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #34
bbak3030
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post

Unfortunately no free dining was offered to the general public this March. They did have good room discounts but nothing with dining. People seem to think that Disney didn't "need" it because of the Fantasyland Expansion and the food kiosks added to Flower and Garden festival.
Do you know how much of a room discount they offered last March?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #35
deb93
Earning My Ears

bbak - We love POFQ when we stayed there last year! We really liked that it was small and quaint but that we could walk over to POR and take advantage of everything there too. But here's hoping for big discounts so you can stay at the Comtemporary.

We did O'hana last year and really liked it. The only negative is that we feel like our reservation time was mid-seating cycle or something because it seems the server didn't come by our table with the meat as quickly or often as the tables around us. But the food was good and they have fun coconut races and stuff for the kids.

I am a HUGE fan of the wishes dessert party! A lot of people don't like it because the view is off center from the castle front but to me, it's worth it just to have a less crowded place to watch the fireworks and the desserts are just the icing on the cake! If you've never done it before, the booking is a little weird. They don't open reservations on any set schedule - usually about 2 months ahead of the date and then the whole month opens at once. There's a great thread on here where every one watches and waits for reservations to open and updates on the board when they do.
deb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #36
bbak3030
Mouseketeer

Ok thanks Deb! I'll talk to DH and see what he thinks about the dessert party. As far as the CR vs POFQ, I should probably just stick with FQ if a discount comes out. We just had such a horrible experience at POP last trip and I've convinced myself that we would have a better time at a deluxe. Since we are planning some expensive things like BBB and the HDDR, I should stick with FQ. I know we would love it.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'm going to do O'hana this time. It looks fun!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #37
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Add me, add me! We are from south Louisiana and plan to take advantage of the Mardi Gras holiday and are going to WDW from March 1-8!
At this point , I'm planning to book POFQ--unless they come out with an amazing room discount that would drastically bring down the price of The Contemporary. We really really want to stay at the CR, but I'm excited about POFQ too!

Last trip we did the HDDR on our first night and it was a great way to start the trip. Other restaurants I'm considering are:

Chef Mickeys or Tusker House for breakfast
Cinderellas Royal Table dinner (this is a must for my girls! Doing BBB first if I can get ressies to match up)
O'hana (still not sure about this one)
Rainforest cafe in AK (both girls love animals)
Coral Reef (my youngest loves fish)
Boatwrights at POR

I'm hoping we can get a BBB appt and a ressie at CRT that are back to back. We didn't do CRT last time and regret it. I'm only planning one character meal because DD4 is easily frightened by big characters. She LOVES her stuffed Minnie and Mickey, but goes ballistic when she sees the big ones. For this reason, I'm not attempting BOG, she would freak out.

We really enjoyed EOS last trip and plan to spend more time at DDT. Also toying with the idea of the Wishes Dessert Party. Also thinking of dinner for DH and I alone one night and bring the girls to one of the kids clubs at the resorts. Any idea/suggestions on this? I would prefer to have the girls close to us. Meaning I don't want to leave them at a resort and of to a park for dinner.

Yay, so excited I found this thread!
COOL!! We are from Southwest Louisiana and are also taking advantage of Mardi Gras break to go. Our kids will miss two days of school since we don't have the full week off but it's o.k. with me!

We are using the Sandcastle Club in June for DH and I to get away. I'll let you know how it goes.

Also, does Beast still come out at BOG? I know it's not considered a character meal.

Have you ever thought of renting points for CR? It may help with the cost.

Quote:
Do you know how much of a room discount they offered last March?
I want to say that deluxes were 30% off. I'll try to find it tomorrow.
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #38
bbak3030
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post

COOL!! We are from Southwest Louisiana and are also taking advantage of Mardi Gras break to go. Our kids will miss two days of school since we don't have the full week off but it's o.k. with me!

We are using the Sandcastle Club in June for DH and I to get away. I'll let you know how it goes.

Also, does Beast still come out at BOG? I know it's not considered a character meal.

Have you ever thought of renting points for CR? It may help with the cost.

I want to say that deluxes were 30% off. I'll try to find it tomorrow.
I did briefly look at renting points but figured it was too late in the game.

I'm not sure if the beast comes out at BOG, but I think the atmosphere may be enough to scare her:-(

Our kids will be missing 3 days of school and we aren't bothered by it either!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #39
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did briefly look at renting points but figured it was too late in the game.

I'm not sure if the beast comes out at BOG, but I think the atmosphere may be enough to scare her:-(

Our kids will be missing 3 days of school and we aren't bothered by it either!
Actually renting for March you are early. I would put in my request as soon as possible but most places rent out at exactly 7 months out. The problem is that it's non-refundable, non-transferrable but it's cheaper than other options.

Yep you may be right about BOG. I hope we get the room that has the snowy windows since we never see snow in South Louisiana!

I hope you have a day tomorrow!
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #40
nooneshome
but us dis shutins-send help or APs

It should be a great March. Mardi Gras is the 4th.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #41
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Hi!! We are considering a March stay in 2014 - I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can help me with! We were originally going to plan for the last couple day of May through the first few days of June, or anytime within the first 2 weeks of June (we will stay around a week). Now it turns out my step sister is getting married in early August -yay- but that will be a trip on itself. I'm not sure if I want to plan two week long vacations in a 2 mon time period (our summers are always so busy with other activities too). So I started looking at spring break - which for us will be March 24-28, so we would probably go the 22-29. I am worried about the crowds, though! We went last year n April (the week after Easter - t immediately following) and I was pleasantly surprised, but will March be much more crowded?

So far the pros for March is not as hot, we dont have as long to wait! pros for May/June - less expensive and potentially less crowds, more time for the new Snow White ride to possibly be ready. I would love any input - thanks!!
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #42
collegeprogram01
Mouseketeer

I would love to join this thread!! We are coming in March for sure...just debating on the first week or waiting till later in the month! We would like to see the Flower and Garden Festival! Cant wait though...I got all excited when I saw this thread....also debating renting DVC point, or either staying at CBR or pop. Planning is half the fun!!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #43
MyLilPooh
Earning My Ears

Would love to be added to the list!

We are seriously thinking of booking our first ever trip for our son's 2nd birthday (March 7-11, hopefully staying at POR). Both my DH and I are newbies and have never been to the parks, and we couldn't think of a better reason to go than to celebrate our little guy's birthday!

We'd be driving in from Nebraska. Yeah, we like road trips.

Really looking forward to seeing the rates posted on the website!

MyLilPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #44
jcieutat
Mouseketeer

Glad to see a March 2014 thread. We will be there March 1st thru 8th. We are hoping for some sort of discount. If not, we may try to rent DVC points this go around. Either way, I am already counting down the days and my spreadsheet is made!
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #45
collegeprogram01
Mouseketeer

do they typically offer a discount or specials for the month of march?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: