DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
collections
Earning My Ears

Closing and maintenance fees

I'm in the middle of negotiating to buy a 150 point contract and I'm unsure what to do regarding the closing and maintenance fees. If I pay both will it be less likely that Disney will take the contract back?

Thanks for the help. I've waited so long to buy, and I want to put myself in the best possible position for the points to be mine.
collections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

I am sure others will respond but I don't think that Disney cares who pays them - they get paid the same one way or the other.
Splashboat is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

From everything ive read & what we offered, buyer pays all unless there were points used for this yr, in which case seller would pay whatever portion of used points for this year they used. Fair is fair. Or negotiate what you want. We paid $3 over asking price because we thought $60 was too low (ssr but every1 has their own opinion & what theyre willing to pay) & are hoping that'll somehow help. On day 16in rofr. Good luck.
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
collections
Earning My Ears

I'm fine with the price per point and according to the agent it is higher than contracts that Disney has taken back this week.
The agent also told me that the maintenance fees and closing costs are often split between buyer and seller. I'm just curious if the buyer paying both is more likely to get the contract past Disney.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by collections View Post
I'm fine with the price per point and according to the agent it is higher than contracts that Disney has taken back this week.
The agent also told me that the maintenance fees and closing costs are often split between buyer and seller. I'm just curious if the buyer paying both is more likely to get the contract past Disney.
I don't think it really matters and we really have no way of knowing. I have bought contracts where I was the buyer paid closing and MF's and one where I only paid closing, even though I got all the points for the year.

And, given what has happened in the past few weeks, I am not any contract is 100% safe. Go I with what you feel works for you and go from there..

Sandisw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
kkolbusz1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by collections View Post
It doesnt really matter. Honestly, i think its all up to the wait list. If theres someone on it & ur contract is next, regardless of the price its gone.
kkolbusz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
collections
Earning My Ears

I just heard back from the agent. The seller was not willing to negotiate on maintenance fees and closing cost, so I will be paying them.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
AppleDisneyDad
Quietly Lurking

I must be the oddball. I have offered a higher ppp but had the seller pay part or all of the fees in return. This may have been a mistaken effort on my part to get through ROFR.

In my experience almost anything monetary is negotiable. Morals and ethics not as often but if you watch politics....

Good luck.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: