Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2013, 04:46 AM   #76
doitforlove
x0x0 Disney Squirrel

Good luck to those still waiting. Please keep in mind that hiring managers are extremely busy with making hiring decisions as well as doing their actual work and even after they send their decision to HR the recruiter may have a bunch of offers to extend. Patience is key. You will know either way by November 25th which is right around the corner

I recently got approved for my apt near downtown disney and bought my auto train ticket so excited

Spring 2014 Group Sales Professional Intern
Recent Trips:
Sept'11 @ CBR; Sept'12 @ POP; Sept'13 @ CSR
doitforlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #77
WRuddick
Earning My Ears

Applied for four positions.. One phone interview about two weeks ago for the position I was least qualified for.. Still "in progress" on all four and each is still "open" status with no further phone or email contact :x

Good or bad news for me?

This is all far too stressful
WRuddick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #78
waltfreakingdisney
Earning My Ears

Some departments are still doing interviews. I had an interview today for a PI that I applied for in September. Still alive so far!
waltfreakingdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #79
disneyjazz 1928
Have a great, big, beautiful day. And remember, tomorrow's just a dream away!

Still In Progress

Ok, maybe some of you all are on the facebook group as well, but I applied for all Alumni-only internships. I have no drop down bars for any particular internship and I made it through the NLICs for Guest Relations. I don't know if it means they're just going to NLIC me at the end, but nothing has updated on my dashboard. I feel like i'm in Disney PI limbo...I have no idea what kind of news I'm gonna hear on the 25th. I didn't know if anyone had further insight about what this could mean.
1995: FIRST VISIT/family reunion (offsite) 1999: Fort Wilderness Cabins 2001: Offsite (Westgate) 2002: First Old Key West stay and Universal Studios visit 2003: First Beach Club Villas stay! 2005 July: OKW 2005 November: All Star Sports 2006: OKW 2008 July: Port Orleans French Quarter/OKW2008 November: All Star Movies 2009: Wilderness Lodge/OKW 2011: Bay Lake Tower/OKW 2012: Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas/OKW
disneyjazz 1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #80
wishingonstars
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyjazz 1928 View Post
Ok, maybe some of you all are on the facebook group as well, but I applied for all Alumni-only internships. I have no drop down bars for any particular internship and I made it through the NLICs for Guest Relations. I don't know if it means they're just going to NLIC me at the end, but nothing has updated on my dashboard. I feel like i'm in Disney PI limbo...I have no idea what kind of news I'm gonna hear on the 25th. I didn't know if anyone had further insight about what this could mean.
The same thing happened to me last year! I applied for Alumni Only and did not get any drop downs or second interviews, but wasn't NLICed until the very last day. I don't know if they keep people like this because they're kind of a "backup" or something, but that's what it kind of seems like. I know that some people were NLICed for Alumni, so they seem to be keeping you around for a reason! I have no official insight into this process but if I had to guess, you're in kind of a "pending" stage. It's hard because you have to wait so long and there's a chance that you'll hear that you are NLIC, but you have to keep the faith and hope that you'll hear good news soon!

wishingonstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #81
disneyjazz 1928
Have a great, big, beautiful day. And remember, tomorrow's just a dream away!

That makes enough sense for me. I figured it was sort of like pending, I just didn't know if there was something else I was missing. Thanks!!
1995: FIRST VISIT/family reunion (offsite) 1999: Fort Wilderness Cabins 2001: Offsite (Westgate) 2002: First Old Key West stay and Universal Studios visit 2003: First Beach Club Villas stay! 2005 July: OKW 2005 November: All Star Sports 2006: OKW 2008 July: Port Orleans French Quarter/OKW2008 November: All Star Movies 2009: Wilderness Lodge/OKW 2011: Bay Lake Tower/OKW 2012: Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas/OKW
disneyjazz 1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #82
TellNoTales
Earning My Ears

I'm still waiting, I had a phone interview back in September and I've been 'In Progress' ever since!
TellNoTales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:03 AM   #83
GuilleCummings
Earning My Ears

New to these forums after doing a search "how hard is it to get into the graphic design internship at disney". I got my call on Wednesday, and I am in IP (maniacally checking a few times a day), my recruiter told me I would find out around December. I uploaded a bunch of documents to the dashboard last night but not sure if they will be seen, references, portfolio ( I emailed my recruiter to see who I could send them to but sadly she is out of the office till Monday), I see that like me the wait is the worse part. And as you can guess I applied for Graphic Design in marketing.
GuilleCummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #84
waltfreakingdisney
Earning My Ears

Graphic Design internships are very competitive and arguably difficult to get. Most positions require an online portfolio (personal web site, behance, etc.) so make sure you double check that. They often specifically state to NOT upload documents because they want ONLY online portfolios.

I'm not saying you can't or won't get one, but I know for a fact that some areas that offer design PIs receive hundreds of applications. Good luck to you.
waltfreakingdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #85
GuilleCummings
Earning My Ears

Oh they have my behance.net but yeah maybe I should add all my jobs there too. I'm hoping my internship with WWE also helps me shine.
GuilleCummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #86
jpanto
Earning My Ears

New Member Sharing News!

Hey Guys, even though I haven't been active I always read the threats and I wanted to share my timeline with all of you.
9/11 applied online (about 6 positions total all in HR or Marketing)
9/19 phone interview schedule
9/24 phone interview with general recruiter
10/2 e-mail received stating background check and stuff
10/28 Phone call from recruiter to schedule interview with Team Manager
10/30 Phone interview with Manager
11/7 Change in status to "post-interview stage"
11/19 Offer received by phone... and Accepted!

I hope this can help some people who are still waiting. Good Luck!
jpanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #87
TellNoTales
Earning My Ears

I had my phone interview at the beginning of September, after the interview my dashboard switched to 'In Progress' and it has remained there ever since.

During my interview the cast member from casting told me the deadline is November 25th.

I'm still listed as 'In Progress' with no second interview, post interview stage, background check, nothing.

I'm trying not to be pessimistic but I don't think I'm getting it and it would be super helpful if I would get NLIC already so I can move forward with my plans. Unless of course someone here has been in a similar boat, I don't think I'm waking up to an offer on the 25th, though.

Please let me know-
Thanks,
TellNoTales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #88
joybeth
Mouseketeer

My daughter is in a similar boat. Applied early as a CP Alum. She had her interview shortly after and nothing but in progress since. She has pretty much given up hope of PI. She is finishing her last classes this semester and needs an internship to graduate. She has started applying like crazy for other internships so that she can graduate. She had held back because she didn't want to accept another opportunity in case the Disney PI came through. Now she is in a bit of a panic. I am sure she will find something, she has a great resume, but she is really disappointed to not hear anything from Disney regarding the PI.

jb
12/10 CBR with Sister and Daughter for free dining!
3/11/11 Sisters trip to the Poly!
9/22/11 Joy and Kathy's Trip to POR!
1/27/12 Family trip to the BC take Emily to DCP!!
2/13/12 Hilton Grande Vacation Parc Soliel First offsite! 5/26/12 Solo trip to Pop to see Emily!
8/05/12 Split stay Beach Club and POR Royal Room to bring Emily home from DCP!!!
12/12 Just back from the Pop! 5/13 Hilton GV Parc Soliel sisters trip, 10/13 25th Anniversary Trip to CBR. 12/13 Christmas trip with Emily to CSR, 2/14 offsite HGV, 5/14 AKL for Kathy's 50th! 7/14 CBR Quick trip for Anniversary Party, 10/14 Yacht Club to see Emily at DCP2! 12/14 POFQ

I've eaten at 122 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (50%)
I've eaten at 46 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (53%)
I've eaten at 37 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (51%)
I've eaten at 7 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (39%)
I've eaten at 1 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)

joybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #89
AliSW
\

So I found out I never got an interview for youth events because I didn't put on my resume that I was in band for 8 years and dance for 10 (aka youth programming experience). I'm so annoyed at myself, I thought it was more about competition so I did put marching band and dance competition but not that I specifically took classes. I am completely qualified for it but they didn't even know. I'm going to have to take a class next fall to apply again haha.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #90
wishingonstars
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliSW View Post
So I found out I never got an interview for youth events because I didn't put on my resume that I was in band for 8 years and dance for 10 (aka youth programming experience). I'm so annoyed at myself, I thought it was more about competition so I did put marching band and dance competition but not that I specifically took classes. I am completely qualified for it but they didn't even know. I'm going to have to take a class next fall to apply again haha.
Ah that's rough! How did you find that out?

Hopefully next semester will work out for you

wishingonstars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pi spring 2014, professional internship

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: