Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #1
funkyspunky871
Earning My Ears

It's been five days, and I haven't even gotten a WBI

I filled out my application on March 12, and immediately got an email from DCP saying 'thank you for applying, keep checking your account for updates, etc.'.

Five days later... And I have not even received a link to do a web based interview.

Did I do something wrong on my application? I'm not sure how they could have rejected me based on the application. (All the application wanted was things like my name and age and education anyways, and I filled everything out.)

Feeling bummed. Has anyone been in the same situation?
funkyspunky871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
AVBowers
Earning My Ears

I am literally in the same situation. I applied on the 6th and still haven't heard anything. But all I know is that until you receive an email saying that you are "No longer in consideration," you are still being considered. I know it is a super competitive thing to try and get into, so I hope the best for you. Is this the first time you've ever applied??
AVBowers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #3
Diznewb
Earning My Ears

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyspunky871 View Post
I filled out my application on March 12, and immediately got an email from DCP saying 'thank you for applying, keep checking your account for updates, etc.'.

Five days later... And I have not even received a link to do a web based interview.

Did I do something wrong on my application? I'm not sure how they could have rejected me based on the application. (All the application wanted was things like my name and age and education anyways, and I filled everything out.)

Feeling bummed. Has anyone been in the same situation?
Yes, I am in a similar situation. I applied on March 5th and have yet to get a web based interview (12 days now!). It is nerve-racking having to wait so long but I've done a lot of research. The majority say not to worry - unless your status moves to "No Longer In Consideration", then there is still hope. I keep checking my dashboard and email for some type of notification... Hopefully I hear something good! It's all I can think about! Good luck to you!

Shannon
Diznewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
I Am What I Am
Pie builds amazing friendships

Gryffindor Girl
Meet Me In The Sandbox
Imagineering!

Location: Currently in the Hufflepuff Common Room, skipping Potions.

Yeah Disney recently switched their way of doing things so now not everyone will automatically get the WBI. But, unless your dash switches to No Longer in Consideration or you get the email you're still eligible to get it, it might just take longer.

ϟ "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry. But why on earth should that mean it isn't real?" ϟ

I Am What I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:35 AM   #5
funkyspunky871
Earning My Ears

Oh thank you guys! I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one?

And, yes, it's my first time. I applied on a whim... but now I'm starting to get a bit serious about it.
funkyspunky871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:12 AM   #6
Notisopse
Earning My Ears

I'm in the same boat and I'm getting nervous. Has anyone actually waited a few days and then ended up getting the WBI? Or have all of them been sent out immediately so far and everyone who didn't get one is still waiting?
Notisopse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:26 PM   #7
awilliams1109
Earning My Ears

They could be still reviewing your application and also Disney is still doing phone interviews, giving out acceptances, and giving out wbi.Don't worry it will come soon!
awilliams1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #8
ElsaSnowflake
Earning My Ears

I applied lastnight! Still waiting on mine too! Getting really nervous about the whole thing! My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years (Our 4th will be while I'm down there if I get in ) I'm from Michigan so it's not like he can just come visit me.. I still really wanna do it but I'm just nervous and all those jitters Goodluck to everyone! Has anyone ever waited a long period of time before they got their WBI??
Old 03-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #9
Diznewb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsaSnowflake View Post
I applied lastnight! Still waiting on mine too! Getting really nervous about the whole thing! My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years (Our 4th will be while I'm down there if I get in ) I'm from Michigan so it's not like he can just come visit me.. I still really wanna do it but I'm just nervous and all those jitters Goodluck to everyone! Has anyone ever waited a long period of time before they got their WBI??
Someone just posted on my thread that their daughter waited 24 days and got her WBI today! There's hope
Diznewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #10
Notisopse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznewb View Post
Someone just posted on my thread that their daughter waited 24 days and got her WBI today! There's hope
Wow, really?! That just gave me the first spark of hope I've had the entire time. Thank you.
Notisopse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #11
TheDisneyDoll
Earning My Ears

There is always hope don't give up! Not all the WBI's go out straight away. I waited about a month to apply and got a WBI about 12 hours later.
Best advise though check your junk mail too. The WBI phase will show up on your dash, but it's still good to make sure those e-mails aren't going somewhere else.
WBI's will be going out even after they stop accepting Apps so have no fear!
TheDisneyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:02 AM   #12
becca blueyes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisneyDoll View Post
WBI's will be going out even after they stop accepting Apps so have no fear!
This made me so happy you have no idea
becca blueyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: