Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #151
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prock View Post
One from H.S.
Near hollywood and vine on the second floor one of the windows says valiant and valiant detective agency. And there is a silhouette of roger rabbit bursting through the blinds.

If I can think of more Ill be sure to post them
I have never seen this, another thing to find.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #152
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I'm smelling something going up MS, and I have a terrible sense of smell.
The doors are open on all the stores/bakeries so the smells naturally drift down Main Street. But, the smells are not pumped out. They tried it but it didn't work. Any hoo, that is what our guide said.
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #153
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post

The doors are open on all the stores/bakeries so the smells naturally drift down Main Street. But, the smells are not pumped out. They tried it but it didn't work. Any hoo, that is what our guide said.
I understand, my point was I am unlikely to smell anything unless it's force-fed to me. And your guide told you something that is inconsistent with most everything I've heard about the MS smells.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #154
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

I was told this on the Dolphins in Depth tour and while it's not specific to Disney, it's still trivia and quite humorous..

They don't put the dolphins in with sting rays or sea turtles for the following reasons:

With the sting rays, the dolphins will play with them.. literally.. they grab them with their mouth and fling 'em like Frisbees.

They will also play with the the sea turtles... they use them like soccer balls.

With all their animals, they only use positive reinforcement.. when training an animal, even those that do something wrong or refuse to do it, they get a treat.. however, the better they perform, the better the treat. An animal is never "scolded" or made to do something it doesn't want to do. They want the animal to want to perform/learn.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #155
CJJenkins
I say Captain, do you hear something?

One that is supposedly NOT true, but I like to believe any way:

The Swan and Dolphin both have large black squares in the design in the middle of the buildings. This was supposedly because a monorail expansion was planned for Epcot area hotels, and these two hotels would have had the monorail go through them similar to the Contemporary. This area where the black square is was already designed to be demolish-able without affecting structural integrity of the building... There are a ton of sources that say this isn't true. But I wonder, why do both buildings have large black squares on them that line up perfectly with each other...

CJJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #156
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

Kayemgi mentioned Walt's right hand ring on the statue in MK- I'm dying to know what kind of ring it is???

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

polyfor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #157
Prock
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Trust me, they come out of a machine.
Prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #158
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfor4 View Post
Kayemgi mentioned Walt's right hand ring on the statue in MK- I'm dying to know what kind of ring it is???
A lot of people say it's a hidden mickey but it's actually a claddagh ring which a traditional Irish ring with two hands, holding a heart that is topped by a crown. Traditionally, wearing it with the heart out says your heart is available. Wearing it with the heart pointing to you says your heart is taken.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:08 AM   #159
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I found my guide said a few things that I didn't think were right but I was too polite to point it out because I have been wrong before. LOL Ok so it was about the Jungle Cruise plane and I knew the other half was in DHS in the Casablanca scene and she said it wasn't but why argue with her and make everyone uncomfortable over something so trivial?
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:43 AM   #160
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJJenkins View Post
One that is supposedly NOT true, but I like to believe any way:

The Swan and Dolphin both have large black squares in the design in the middle of the buildings. This was supposedly because a monorail expansion was planned for Epcot area hotels, and these two hotels would have had the monorail go through them similar to the Contemporary. This area where the black square is was already designed to be demolish-able without affecting structural integrity of the building... There are a ton of sources that say this isn't true. But I wonder, why do both buildings have large black squares on them that line up perfectly with each other...

I am going with you on that one. It is a much better story with that being for monorail expansion.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #161
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Princess View Post
This is definitely the idea behind the suite... but Tom and Suri got up there somehow.
Tom and Suri aren't the only ones... Neil Patrick Harris sent a tweet earlier that strongly implied he is staying in the Castle Suite at MK today.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #162
AndiSlamberg
Mouseketeer

To all those who say you can't buy a night in the Castle, Neil Patrick Harris is saying he stayed there last night via twitter....
https://twitter.com/ActuallyNPH/stat...934400/photo/1
Old 04-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #163
tjmj9801
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiSlamberg View Post
To all those who say you can't buy a night in the Castle, Neil Patrick Harris is saying he stayed there last night via twitter....
https://twitter.com/ActuallyNPH/stat...934400/photo/1
Pssst. Check out the post above yours.
1/30/2011-2/6/2011-Saratoga Springs (First on-site stay!!)
Several previous trips (It's worth mentioning that I've become an on-site snob...)
tjmj9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #164
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraMeansDawn View Post
I found my guide said a few things that I didn't think were right but I was too polite to point it out because I have been wrong before. LOL Ok so it was about the Jungle Cruise plane and I knew the other half was in DHS in the Casablanca scene and she said it wasn't but why argue with her and make everyone uncomfortable over something so trivial?
As soon as the tour was over, dh and I thought of all kinds of questions we should have asked. But, we're shy and didn't want to draw attention to ourselves, I guess. If we ever do it again, we'll be more prepared.

I did speak up with a few corrections. She said Dole Whip is only available in 2 places in WDW, MK and Poly. I said it was available right now at Epcot during the Food and Wine. And, she said the only time people could stay in the castle suite was if it was won by a family or thru an organization like Make a Wish. I spoke up and said Tom Cruise had stayed there. She did acknowledge both were true.

Last edited by lucas; 04-05-2013 at 09:31 PM.
lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #165
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I understand, my point was I am unlikely to smell anything unless it's force-fed to me. And your guide told you something that is inconsistent with most everything I've heard about the MS smells.

Another thing to mention if I take the tour again.

Last edited by lucas; 04-05-2013 at 09:35 PM.
lucas is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: