DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
Erineliza38
Mouseketeer

Purchasing VGF with Jan, Feb or March UY

Anyone purchased VGF with Jan, Feb or March UY and received 2013 points? My guide said since they weren't for sale in those months- you don't get those points. However, I have read several posts where people purchased VGF with April UY and did get 2013 points. Wouldn't the same rule apply for April then, with the only UY getting 2013 points being May- December?

BWV May 2010-Niece's Graduation Trip; BLT October 2010- Food and Wine Festival; BLT April 2011- First Family Trip to Disney; SSR October 2011- Mommy and Kids Trip;
SSR May 2012- Family Trip; VWL February 2013- Mommy and Kids Trip; VGF December 2013- Family Trip
Erineliza38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
nd43
Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erineliza38 View Post
Anyone purchased VGF with Jan, Feb or March UY and received 2013 points? My guide said since they weren't for sale in those months- you don't get those points. However, I have read several posts where people purchased VGF with April UY and did get 2013 points. Wouldn't the same rule apply for April then, with the only UY getting 2013 points being May- December?
I was told the same thing and was able to purchase the April UY and get 2013 points. It appears Disney made a key filing on April 1st to allow for an April UY even though they announced sales in May. So, April 1st was the first UY for 2013 points.
nd43 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
nd43
Disney Fan

BTW, I believe the April 1st filing had to do with the first release of VGF inventory into the DVC system. Disney declared a large amount of inventory which, apparently, was not typical of other resorts. I read this on a different thread.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
grumpster37
Earning My Ears

Purchased points today and was given a Dec 2013 UY since we already had a Dec UY at AKL. He said we did not have a choice on that.
grumpster37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
uromac
DIS Veteran

We have a February UY and are interested in purchasing VGF, but do not know what other month we would choose.

So for those that are in our same situation & who also have the January/February/March UYs & also purchasing @ VGF - which month are you choosing for your UY and why?

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
nalajms
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erineliza38 View Post
Wouldn't the same rule apply for April then, with the only UY getting 2013 points being May- December?
There's also no May UY. At least I haven't seen anyone with that before.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
nd43
Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by uromac View Post
We have a February UY and are interested in purchasing VGF, but do not know what other month we would choose.

So for those that are in our same situation & who also have the January/February/March UYs & also purchasing @ VGF - which month are you choosing for your UY and why?

Thanks!
You can still select a Feb UY, you just would not get 2013 points. Your first points would come in Feb 2014. I believe your MF would also be delayed and prorated until your first points.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalajms View Post
There's also no May UY. At least I haven't seen anyone with that before.
no jan UY either.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #9
drusba

DIS Veteran

On April 1, Disney filed the official documents including the GFV declarations. It is those documents that determine that it actually exists as a timeshare property that can be sold and they cannot sell any use year month that begins before then because legally the timeshare did not actually exist before then. They can sell any months beginning with April 2013. Moreover, Disney's policy for sales to existing members is to sell you points only in your already existing use year and thus you cannot buy April if you have a Feb or March use year (there is no Jan or May use year), but instead you would get points starting in Feb or March 2014. The exception to that is that you can request a new use year if buying the minimum number of points required to be purchased by a new purchaser, but since Disney is not yet selling anything to new purchasers, you are not likely to be able to do that before the June date that has been set for initial sales to new purchasers.

Last edited by drusba; 05-21-2013 at 03:02 PM.
drusba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #10
Daisyduck49
Mouseketeer

We bought today and have a March use year. We took an April use year to get the extra points (120 pt contract). I have no worries about managing different use years - they are close anyway. Didn't want to lose 120 points and we will always use VGF at VGF so it might be easier to keep track of.
Daisyduck49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #11
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
On April 1, Disney filed the official documents including the GFV declarations. It is those documents that determine that it actually exists as a timeshare property that can be sold and they cannot sell any use year month that begins before then because legally the timeshare did not actually exist before then. They can sell any months beginning with April 2013. Moreover, Disney's policy for sales to existing members is to sell you points only in your already existing use year and thus you cannot buy April if you have a Feb or March use year (there is no Jan or May use year), but instead you would get points starting in Feb or March 2014. The exception to that is that you can request a new use year if buying the minimum number of points required to be purchased by a new purchaser, but since Disney is not yet selling anything to new purchasers, you are not likely to be able to do that before the June date that has been set for initial sales to new purchasers.
I wonder if this is one of those situations where if you threaten to walk, they will give you what you want.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

I have a Feb use year for my BCV. I could have gotten a different use year for the 50 points at VGF I bought today. However it wasn't really worth it to me. My guide assumed I would want the same use year. If you want something different you would just need to insist. It is much easier for them if you have the same use year.

I will get my points in Feb 2014 and the yearly dues will be prorated starting then.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #13
Erineliza38
Mouseketeer

I really do want the Feb UY since that is my original contract UY- but I don't want to lose out on the 2013 points. We have a trip already booked for December and I am itching to move the reservation to VGF. Without this years points, we'll have no shot because just borrowing 2014 points won't be enough. We are only adding on 60 points.
I discussed this with my guide- and he called me back saying several members who want to purchase are requesting the same thing- because they don't want to miss out on points, and the "powers that be" are discussing the situation. I am supposed to call back tomorrow to see if they are willing to budge with somehow keeping the Feb UY but still getting 2013 points. I have no idea what will come of this, and I will insist upon another UY if they give an absolute no so we can try to make this vacation in December "extra special" :-)

BWV May 2010-Niece's Graduation Trip; BLT October 2010- Food and Wine Festival; BLT April 2011- First Family Trip to Disney; SSR October 2011- Mommy and Kids Trip;
SSR May 2012- Family Trip; VWL February 2013- Mommy and Kids Trip; VGF December 2013- Family Trip
Old 05-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #14
Erineliza38
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I wonder if this is one of those situations where if you threaten to walk, they will give you what you want.
I know they have already given April UY to other members with Feb and March UY- so they must be willing to adjust that "policy".

Old 05-21-2013, 05:19 PM   #15
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
April 1, 2013, was merely the date that Orange County Comptroller recorded the VGF Master Declaration. I suspect that that date is not a controlling factor in determining what Use Year months are available.

DVD received a timeshare project license from the State of Florida on January 30, 2013, and the Declaration of Condominium of The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian was formed effective February 1, 2013. I think the later date is more controlling than the recordation date with OCC.

BLT opened on August 4, 2009. All the Use Years at BLT started with the 2009 Use Year, including the February 2009 UY, which was six months prior to the resort's opening. VGF is scheduled to open in October '13, and DVD appears to offer April as the first month that receives 2013 points. Perhaps it is just a coincidence that DVD is willing to go back only six months?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: