DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
G2MAmber
Work at Gateway To Magic

Buying - Bank Owned DVC Resale

We are considering joining the DVC Family and are looking at putting an offer in on a "Bank Owned" property. For us this particular stripped contract worked out as we were looking for a contract offering pts in 2014 to save on not paying 2013 fees.

So- I have looked on the boards and couldn't find a post pertaining to buying foreclosure/bank owned dvc properties and if it differed (time-frame longer)??

Just was looking to see if anyone else had gone through this process and if they could shed some light on it for me! Realtor said it could be upwards of 120 days ekkk? Thanks a long wait
January 2015 Half Marathon Bay Lake Tower | December 2014 Old Key West | November 2014 Earmarked Conference Coronado Springs | September 2013 Boardwalk - Wilderness Lodge Villas - Polynesian |November 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge | May 2011 Caribbean Beach| March 2009 Boardwalk Villas & Pop Century | February 2008 Disney Cruise | March 2007 Old Key West | July 2006 Boardwalk Villas -Honeymoon
G2MAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2MAmber View Post
We are considering joining the DVC Family and are looking at putting an offer in on a "Bank Owned" property. For us this particular stripped contract worked out as we were looking for a contract offering pts in 2014 to save on not paying 2013 fees.

So- I have looked on the boards and couldn't find a post pertaining to buying foreclosure/bank owned dvc properties and if it differed (time-frame longer)??

Just was looking to see if anyone else had gone through this process and if they could shed some light on it for me! Realtor said it could be upwards of 120 days ekkk? Thanks a long wait
If you don't mind my asking, but where did you find this sale? Is this like a 'short sale' in real estate? Someone finance their DVC contract at a bank and default? Pretty sure you will still have to go to ROFR.

Have you looked at conventional resales? Plenty of stripped contracts where you wouldn't have to pay 2013 MFs and only half the wait.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2MAmber View Post

It could be between four and six months. But that's not really a concern because the contract doesn't have points until 2014 anyway. Your real concern should be determining if the price of the contract accurately reflects the additional hassle and the lack of points. Good luck!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
khaoskat
Mouseketeer

It depends upon several things...
A property being sold in a bankruptcy not only has to get approval of Disney and the original place of finance (if there is one), but also of the bankruptcy Judge.

If it is a short sale, they can, despite their name, take longer to close than a regular sale. Short Sales have to go through a different department in the bank, and they are slow to respond to offers.
khaoskat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: