Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #136
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post

Driving off property to eat isn't really the issue for us, although we are much more likely to eat at our resort when staying on property since it is convenient. If we are staying offsite, however, we will be much more likely to eat some meals offsite since it is cheaper and we are heading there anyway.

The bigger issue for us is the cost of the room. Staying at POR even WITH a 20% discount will still run us almost $900 more than staying at Buena Vista Suites. That is a lot of money and I'm not willing to fork it over for a room that we don't spend all that much time in anyway. We also get a free breakfast at Buena Vista. That is easily worth another $100 for our family. We also don't have to worry that we might have to switch rooms midway just because we are in between promos. We will have a larger room and still have a pool for the kids to enjoy.

Free dining is the only promo for us that would make moving back to POR financially sensible. However, even if they offer it, it won't start early enough for us to take advantage of it. So, I've faced reality.
The free dining release date and promo dates were leaked/confirmed yesterday. The FD dates are September 2-25, 2013 and booking will open May 9.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #137
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

We had already planned our trip with or without FD, but now that it's been confirmed it's going to save us a bundle and we're going to be eating way better than planned.

Far as I'm concerned, nothing short of serious family trauma is going to stop us from our Sept trip. I don't care if all we can do is a weekend of tent camping at FW and MNSSHP, I'z goin' ta Dizney for my annual Sept pilgrimage.

MackenzieFL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #138
tinksgilrs251520
I want to be at WDW

Red face

Not going until 2014 but if it mirrors next year for this year i will be going earlier to get a room discount any discount is better than none but free dinning is nice. Went while it lasted my daughter will start school on Sep 2 of 2014 and cant take her out for that long......BUt I still have a time to go before we know 2014 discounts

When can i book for 2014 ??????? does anyone know?

tinksgilrs251520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #139
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinksgilrs251520 View Post
Not going until 2014 but if it mirrors next year for this year i will be going earlier to get a room discount any discount is better than none but free dinning is nice. Went while it lasted my daughter will start school on Sep 2 of 2014 and cant take her out for that long......BUt I still have a time to go before we know 2014 discounts

When can i book for 2014 ??????? does anyone know?
Annual package rates usually come out in August, so you would be able to book packages for 2014 at that point.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #140
Jimmysmom0703
Mouseketeer

I am going the last week in august, partly because I was hoping to get free dining. But it doesnt look that way. I might shorten the trip if we have no discounts, I can stay at a friends house for free, but it took me 2 months to get a res for be our guest, so I will be def there for that! LOL There has to be SOME discount for that time frame, hopefully..what do you think??
Jimmysmom0703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #141
Earning My Ears

I'm booked at the CR through August 17th I received the discount up to the 14th does anyone know or have an idea if there will be a discount or promotion for the last part of our vacation?
267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #142
Haygar2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_3_mousketeers
We will definitely still go. I book based on what we can afford....discounts are just a bonus!
I have to agree with you. I would love to go to Disney every year, but we can't afford it. I am not going to lie and say that I don't hope for free dining, but we save for the full amount and get a "bonus" if they have FD.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: